PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 11:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm pre,htc touch pro,treo755
Carrier: sprint

mmamizuka is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pro Launch Dates are Correct the 19th

Just called my rep at evp,he told me that if it is released on the 19th than they will have it on the 19th.$2 more for overnight shipping.
Old 10-09-2008, 11:08 AM
Hercules Valvalotus
Pocket PC: Nokia N900 as my tablet Tmo G2 for my phone
Carrier: T-mobile & Google Voice

TheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuffTheRealHotshot knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TheRealHotshot Send a message via MSN to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Yahoo to TheRealHotshot Send a message via Skype™ to TheRealHotshot
Exclamation Re: Pro Launch Dates are Correct the 19th

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmamizuka View Post
Just called my rep at evp,he told me that if it is released on the 19th than they will have it on the 19th.$2 more for overnight shipping.
Keyword "IF" its released on oct 19th. But evp sent out email stating it will be out nov 2nd so all we can do is sit and wait and see which date it will be.

*formerly known as Not_A_Stain*

GOOGLE WAVE USER
Old 10-09-2008, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW
Carrier: Sprint

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff
Re: HTC Touch Pro Release Date!

My Touch is working just fine, but it's still crappy for typing anything in. I miss having a HARD keyboard. I think I typed faster with T9 on my Sanyo M1.

The Touch looks hella cool, but I'm bored and I want a real work-horse.

oh, and the Pro looks, uh, hella-cool(er,) so that's a nice plus
Old 10-09-2008, 01:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadik5401 View Post
The document shown above is 100% accurate. i work for sprint retail and i already have the Touch Diamond. i got it the day after it was released and it is an awesome phone to say the least. we just got them in the store for sale 2 days ago. so the Touch Pro will probably take about 1 1/2 weeks to reach the stores after the release date of 10/19.
Of course it is 100% accurate. Thing is, that screenshot was posted like a month before the Diamond was "supposed" to come out (like August sometime, from what I remember) even before the delays were announced for the Diamond.

The 10/19 date for the Touch Pro was established WAY back then. The talks of the delays only happened within the past couple weeks.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

Sprint hasn't revised or followed up on their press release that promised the 19th as far as I know, therefore I'm still thinking 19th.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:15 PM
pro_b

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I'd say whether it be Oct. 19th or Nov. 2nd we'll still get it on the release date which is less than a month away. We're a lot closer than we've ever been to seeing this mystical touch pro become a reality. So let's all agree to disagree. (Of course, the posts will keep coming in so let the games continue)
Old 10-09-2008, 01:26 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

tonio32 is a n00b

FWIW I was in a Corporate Sprint Store about an hour ago and they were just getting their Diamond display phone. I asked about the release of the Touch Pro and was told "late November - early December" I said is that when you will have them in store? She replied, "they just told us yesterday that all channels telesales and stores wont have them until then" Go figure.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

drexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuffdrexappeal knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
I wish I was wrong as well but that is the news I was handed... I dont like the Nov 2nd date either but I have no doubt unless things change from now to then that this will be the date. He has never let me down before and has always updated me of the changes in plans. Like I said the info came from about as far up the food chain as possible... My contact- VP- CEO...

James
James - At least know that some people on here trust your word. I definitely do, after actually searching through and seeing your past track record. I mean, I've been working in corporate business for quite some time and I haven't seen one company yet that would allow a "manager" in a Sprint Store have more information or pull than a VP of marketing that reports directly to the CEO...LOL...Anybody who thinks otherwise must either be really young, naive or have absolutely NO clue about corporate business.

Question for you - As for the Best Buy date, do you know why it's being launched there first?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:15 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

s1l3ntm0use is a n00b

I e-mailed EVP earlier to see for myself what the person who would respond would tell me:

Alex,

Currently, the expected launch date for this phone is November 2. It was October 19th, but on Monday I received information that the launch date was pushed back to November 2. Thank you!

Lisa Smith

Employee Value Program (EVP)

Yeah, I'm goin with the 2nd now too... oh well, the wait will hopefully make it sweeter
Old 10-09-2008, 04:18 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro!!!!
Carrier: sprint

kenny2182 is a n00b

not sure if any of you have looked at the current rebate forms for sprint....it shows the pro on there and the rebate form expires on 11/1/08 so it should be available before the 2nd!!!! just my 2 cents
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro