PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 02:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Does the Touch Pro have a front-facing camera?

In the thread "HTC Touch Pro gets handled, keyboard better than X1's?" the phone appears to have a front facing camera to the right of the earpiece.

Are my eyes deceiving me?
Old 07-04-2008, 02:58 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

wILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwILLk0r3 818 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to wILLk0r3 818 Send a message via Yahoo to wILLk0r3 818
Re: Does the Touch Pro have a front-facing camera?

The device you see with the front-facing camera is the GSM version of the Touch Pro. Your eyes aren't deceiving you, but don't be surprised when you don't see that feature on the CDMA version. This has been discussed before.
* ROM and Radio combinations change regularly *

http://www.speedtest.net/result/562969487.png

Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 AM
When will then be now?
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on repimneveral0ne is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to imneveral0ne Send a message via MSN to imneveral0ne Send a message via Yahoo to imneveral0ne

i hope to god your wrong lol. i'd love to have that camera on there >.<
Old 07-04-2008, 03:58 AM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff

It doesn't have it because as I said before, EVDO is NOT able to send and receive data while on a voice call. VoIP solutions are a possibility but Sprint, Verizon, Alltel, and Telus will make damn sure that their customers aren't able to use VoIP versus minutes!

Sorry but if you want the front-facing camera, get an unlocked GSM version with US HSDPA and move to at&t... because even at&t, which is the only carrier with *TRUE* simultaneous voice and data, axes the front-facing camera.

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 07-21-2008, 09:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

Scoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScoob is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Here is a picture I found via google and may have been posted here somewhere-

http://www.engadget.com/2008/07/01/h...sprint-attire/

notice the Sprint logo is where the front camera would have been- yeah it's the Diamond version, but I can only guess that the Pro will be similar because of the EVDO issue above.

Last edited by Scoob; 07-21-2008 at 09:48 PM.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fasttommyv is a n00b

I'm failing to realize why people are upset over this, as I have seen a couple of threads already compaining about it. A front facing camera makes no sense and it will render taking normal pictures difficult as you wont be able to use the screen like a normal digital camera... If the camera rotates from front to back it might be cool to have it but definitley not a permanent front. None the less, I could care less about video calling. Seems very gimmicky and something that I would never use unless trying to impress my freinds, who probably dont have a handset capable of receiving video calls anyways.
Old 07-22-2008, 01:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

fishpony is becoming a great contributor

There's still the regular 3 megapixel camera on the back... The front facing is a second camera.
Old 07-23-2008, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV-6700 (Verizon HTC Apache)
Carrier: Only PPCGEEKS.com; I don't even pay monthly anymore.

PocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good workPocketPcUser is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to PocketPcUser Send a message via MSN to PocketPcUser

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttommyv View Post
None the less, I could care less about video calling. Seems very gimmicky and something that I would never use unless trying to impress my freinds, who probably dont have a handset capable of receiving video calls anyways.
Exactly... I mean, think back to when MMS first became popular on new devices.. It was a cool factor, but certainly not a standard, yet. Even devices a few months apart from releases of eachother were not fully standardized to work well together. The same is STILL with Video Calling. There is simply not that much use for it. Now, if you could use it as a web-cam, or call an MSN Messenger buddy, and talk to and from between the Camera, and the Computers (Friends Web-cam), then it would actually be useful. Until then, it is a mute and pointless feature, IMO.
by clicking below:

Thanks,
Andrew,
Old 07-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
Now, if you could use it as a web-cam, or call an MSN Messenger buddy, and talk to and from between the Camera, and the Computers (Friends Web-cam), then it would actually be useful.
That (and Yahoo! Messenger) is precisely why I was hoping that the Touch Pro ships with an operative front-facing camera.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: sprint evo
Carrier: sprint

riironman is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketPcUser View Post
Exactly... I mean, think back to when MMS first became popular on new devices.. It was a cool factor, but certainly not a standard, yet. Even devices a few months apart from releases of eachother were not fully standardized to work well together. The same is STILL with Video Calling. There is simply not that much use for it. Now, if you could use it as a web-cam, or call an MSN Messenger buddy, and talk to and from between the Camera, and the Computers (Friends Web-cam), then it would actually be useful. Until then, it is a mute and pointless feature, IMO.
how do you make it standard if the US doesnt offer it? in europe its standard because its offered.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro