PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2010, 01:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG G2
Carrier: Sprint

carl020989 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs down Help with my contacts

Hai all, i was wondering if there was a way i can use the contacts list i have on my computer and export them to my phone, sorint tp? I used to have a bb curve 8330 then it went in the washing machine for some time and the screen stoped working so i got this phone but before the phone went in the washing machine luckily i imported my phone numbers to my yahoo mail and now i just exported them to c:/username/contacts..

so if ur confused on what i want to do i want to kno if there is a way for me to take the contacts i have saved in my windows contact folder and put them on my phone in the address book w/o manually typing in the numbers one at a time
Old 07-09-2010, 09:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

studentjunk is keeping up the good workstudentjunk is keeping up the good work
Re: Help with my contacts

I have used activesync and birdiesync. Activesync works with outlook. You should be able to import the contacts into that program, and then use activesync. Or you can download birdiesync and the free mozilla thunderbird. I would imagine you can import the contacts into thunderbird too. I don't have any experience with moving information in and out of yahoo mail, but that's my guess. I wonder if there is a way of directly connecting to yahoo mail. I do know that you can also download contacts from windows live mail into windows mobile.

Here is an alternative, found by a google search of "yahoo contacts into windows mobile"
http://manish.wordpress.com/2008/11/...ut-ms-outlook/

Last edited by studentjunk; 07-09-2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: LG G2
Threadstarter

carl020989 is a n00b

thank you ever so much i will check it out
Old 07-12-2010, 06:02 PM
neff

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Another thing to think about is if you are going to stay with a touch pro for a while, or if you will be making the move to an android phone in the near future.

If you are going to move to android, it would be worth importing the contacts to google, that way when you get the android phone you just have to sign in with your google account and it will import all of your contacts automatically. Until then, you can sync your phone with m.google.com and have it pull all your contacts to your WM phone.
Old 07-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by neff View Post
Another thing to think about is if you are going to stay with a touch pro for a while, or if you will be making the move to an android phone in the near future.

If you are going to move to android, it would be worth importing the contacts to google, that way when you get the android phone you just have to sign in with your google account and it will import all of your contacts automatically. Until then, you can sync your phone with m.google.com and have it pull all your contacts to your WM phone.
I have all my contacts sync'd with Google, I love it. I switch between ROMs fairly frequently, and I do a lot of testing of XDAndroid.... Google Sync saves me hundreds of hours of trying to get contacts sync'd, it does it all for me! Definitely the best option, especially if you have several devices or worry about losing anything
Old 07-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

Google sync is best. I did activesync to do google push mail on my touch pro. I would save a number on my touch pro and then wake my evo and check contacts, and it was there. That fast.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro