PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2010, 01:59 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: MetroPCS

GioChaos is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to GioChaos
Exclamation HTC Touch Pro, Flashed (questions)

Hey guys, So I've recently got an HTC Touch pro.

Orig. from Sprint, but flashed over to MetroPcs

I personally, did not flash it.. the place I got the phone from did.

After much research, I realized theirs different "roms" the phone can be flashed to/with.

I'm not to sure which one this phone was flashed with, I'll probably find out tomorrow.

As of right now.

Calling / Texting works PERFECT!

however internet/ MMS (pic messaging) does not work.

I do know, most or all MMS uses the internet to connect and dl/ send & recieve photos.

so no internet connection = no MMS usage.

I was told at the place I couldn't use the Opera Browser. Instead, to just use IE.

So, when I load IE the metro site comes up, and that loads.
yahoo.com loads, but anything else gives me the

"This page cannot be displayed or downloaded because the connection was lost. check the connection and try again later"

yet, again; metro/ yahoo loads.

I came across an article on the net which told me to do this.

Quote:
1: Check your Windows\startup folder for "HTC_CM_Guardian.lnk", which is a shortcut to Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe. If the shortcut exists delete it. If not then you probably have a newer Sprint ROM which doesn't have the shortcut to launch that application. It is still launching it in some other way however and I have not been able to figure it out from searching forums and the web. The general consensus is to replace the file with a dummy file that I've attached (extract from the zip). Download the attached file and replace "Windows\HTC_CM_Guardian.exe" with the dummy file which will prevent it from running. NOTE: This file is what resets your Sprint connection to its default settings despite editing these settings. Disabling this file by deleting or replacing it is critical. You may need to use a program such as Resco File Explorer or another File Explorer utility to overwrite/delete/rename Read-Only or ROM files.

2: Rename the following files and folders: Windows\iota.exe ---> windows\iotaOLD.exe Windows\iotaconf.txt ---> windows\iotaconfgOLD.txt Program Files\IOTA ---> Program Files\IOTAOLD NOTE:

renaming the IOTA folder is probably all that is needed however I found the files as well and renamed them for good measure and haven't had a problem.

3: Open your phone and

enter ##778#, select "EDIT" and enter your unlock code.

4: Set the following values:

M.IP Settings: MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only

M.IP Default Profile:

NAI = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com

Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Security:
HDR AN AUTH User Id = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com

PPP USER ID = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com

PPP PASSWORD = metropcs

5: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dail = #777
Username: yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com

Password: metropcs Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following

values: wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

6: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the connection you just setup. Example if you leave as Sprint then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.
Most of you probably know this, I tried it. (with the exception of step 1) And didn't work.

anyone know what I could possibly do, Im at a totall loss.

I'm pretty phone/pc literate.

but this has got me stumped.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Touch Pro, Flashed (questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioChaos View Post
Hey guys, So I've recently got an HTC Touch pro.

Orig. from Sprint, but flashed over to MetroPcs

I personally, did not flash it.. the place I got the phone from did.

After much research, I realized theirs different "roms" the phone can be flashed to/with.

I'm not to sure which one this phone was flashed with, I'll probably find out tomorrow.

As of right now.

Calling / Texting works PERFECT!

however internet/ MMS (pic messaging) does not work.

I do know, most or all MMS uses the internet to connect and dl/ send & recieve photos.

so no internet connection = no MMS usage.

I was told at the place I couldn't use the Opera Browser. Instead, to just use IE.

So, when I load IE the metro site comes up, and that loads.
yahoo.com loads, but anything else gives me the

"This page cannot be displayed or downloaded because the connection was lost. check the connection and try again later"

yet, again; metro/ yahoo loads.

I came across an article on the net which told me to do this.

Most of you probably know this, I tried it. (with the exception of step 1) And didn't work.

anyone know what I could possibly do, Im at a totall loss.

I'm pretty phone/pc literate.

but this has got me stumped.
Well I can say that your device is metro flashed and that is part of the problem. You most likely have a stock ROM "maybe a custom" but you may want to search down a metro WAP/MMS cab and see if that cures or helps the problem.
Here is a link to a metro cab http://cdmagurus.com/forum/showthrea...e-CDMA-Devices
Old 03-12-2010, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

beaujbaker is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to beaujbaker

or you could just go to "settings" then "system" and try updating the profile. i did it when my interent and pic didnt work and then it worked.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:11 PM
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaujbaker View Post
or you could just go to "settings" then "system" and try updating the profile. i did it when my interent and pic didnt work and then it worked.
This is a flashed phone and Metro will not push updates to flashed phones like Sprint or VZW.
Old 03-12-2010, 11:20 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

if you got talk and text working then the PRL for your carrier is corect. your phone number @ metro sounds like flashing to cricket but you seam to be missing something or your post jumped a step. username is your phone # @ your carrier dot com password is "what?" and domaian is blank. seams as though your post skipped password. only a stock rom would need the KILLER cab as it will revert stock rom to sprint settings. press settings/system/about (and device info) and it will tell you what rom you are using, the prl, and username. if it is sprint which i doubt since some flashers use dcd or enrg, do a search with metro as the keyword and child forums of touch pro. rest of setting sound right. check metro, if they are like cricket, they will assume your device is uncapible of net and mms as it is a non metro device and flashed. cricket will assume those don't work on a flashed fone and just shut that part of your service off. opera should work as well as IE. if ie shows what it does, it might be cashed into the device from a wifi connection priorer.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: cricket

dhen is a n00b

I got a Htc Touch Pro flashed over to cricket about 2 months ago. everything worked perfectly. my service was disconnected for 2 days, when it was reactivated the phone and text messaging worked but no data.when i open opera i get the error message "could not connect to proxy server. access denied". i call and had cricket refresh my account and i tried changing PRL's but no change. please help!
Old 07-25-2010, 11:58 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhen View Post
I got a Htc Touch Pro flashed over to cricket about 2 months ago. everything worked perfectly. my service was disconnected for 2 days, when it was reactivated the phone and text messaging worked but no data.when i open opera i get the error message "could not connect to proxy server. access denied". i call and had cricket refresh my account and i tried changing PRL's but no change. please help!
Go back into your EPST setting and make sure nothing has changed or reverted back to the original carrier setting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro