View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 08:06 PM
whitey10tc
Almost a VIP

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HTC Touch Pro, Flashed (questions)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioChaos View Post
Hey guys, So I've recently got an HTC Touch pro.

Orig. from Sprint, but flashed over to MetroPcs

I personally, did not flash it.. the place I got the phone from did.

After much research, I realized theirs different "roms" the phone can be flashed to/with.

I'm not to sure which one this phone was flashed with, I'll probably find out tomorrow.

As of right now.

Calling / Texting works PERFECT!

however internet/ MMS (pic messaging) does not work.

I do know, most or all MMS uses the internet to connect and dl/ send & recieve photos.

so no internet connection = no MMS usage.

I was told at the place I couldn't use the Opera Browser. Instead, to just use IE.

So, when I load IE the metro site comes up, and that loads.
yahoo.com loads, but anything else gives me the

"This page cannot be displayed or downloaded because the connection was lost. check the connection and try again later"

yet, again; metro/ yahoo loads.

I came across an article on the net which told me to do this.

Most of you probably know this, I tried it. (with the exception of step 1) And didn't work.

anyone know what I could possibly do, Im at a totall loss.

I'm pretty phone/pc literate.

but this has got me stumped.
Well I can say that your device is metro flashed and that is part of the problem. You most likely have a stock ROM "maybe a custom" but you may want to search down a metro WAP/MMS cab and see if that cures or helps the problem.
Here is a link to a metro cab http://cdmagurus.com/forum/showthrea...e-CDMA-Devices