PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)
Carrier: Sprint

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s
Re: I Love my Sprint Touch Pro! Why so many haters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I m J James View Post
I agree....but for now since I have no issues with my TP ill keep it. (I will not intentionally "drop" my phone just to see if there is a chance they replace it with TP2 LOL)
Agreed, I don't want to downgrade (yes downgrade) to a less computer like keyboard just for the sake of "comfort" (and I have no discomfort issues on my TP) the only pro about the new keyboard is it may not have the same longevity shortcomings as the TP1's keyboard. Beyond that, thy ONLY reason to get a TP2 is the screen (and their driver code is more efficient so the device is a little peppier, despite having the same supporting components).
I'm kinda P/O'd that someone hasn't leaked/ported the TP2 hardware drivers for our TP1's, which would REALLY cause the TP2 to contain nothing I really need.

< This one's waiting for a WinMo (or android, if I take the plunge) 1GHZ SnapDragon Smartphone. I want something like the Leo but one that has a physical keyboard. I hate touch screen keyboards, they will never match being able to feel the keys.

Last edited by iviyth0s; 01-27-2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Herman (TP) = SoOo Sexy
Carrier: MetroPCS
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to I m J James

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
Agreed, I don't want to downgrade (yes downgrade) to a less computer like keyboard just for the sake of "comfort" (and I have no discomfort issues on my TP) the only pro about the new keyboard is it may not have the same longevity shortcomings as the TP1's keyboard. Beyond that, thy ONLY reason to get a TP2 is the screen (and their driver code is more efficient so the device is a little peppier, despite having the same supporting components).
I'm kinda P/O'd that someone hasn't leaked/ported the TP2 hardware drivers for our TP1's, which would REALLY cause the TP2 to nothing I really need.

< This one's waiting for a WinMo (or android, if I take the plunge) 1GHZ SnapDragon Smartphone. I want something like the Leo but one that has a physical keyboard. I hate touch screen keyboards, they will never match being able to feel the keys.
For now I would rather wait for something better than TP2 considering the hardware specs are identical. I am pretty sure TP3 will boast 1GHZ CPU when released, now that will be nice.

Last edited by I m J James; 01-27-2010 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:17 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Well that is probably why its called Touch Pro "2"
No sh*t genius

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 01-28-2010, 11:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

akaruna is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

i gotta agree with this thread, i have only had a few problems none that werent fixed by soft/hard reset. with the exception of my keyboard breaking down. but i used the tut i found here to reconnect it worked ever since no probs... n e time i post on here its from my phone seeing as how i dont have a comp n e more. but i love my tp, ive played with the tp2 for a couple of days and wasnt to impressed with it. just bigger screen

2mb speed test results
Old 01-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regularI m J James is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaruna View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

i gotta agree with this thread, i have only had a few problems none that werent fixed by soft/hard reset. with the exception of my keyboard breaking down. but i used the tut i found here to reconnect it worked ever since no probs... n e time i post on here its from my phone seeing as how i dont have a comp n e more. but i love my tp, ive played with the tp2 for a couple of days and wasnt to impressed with it. just bigger screen

Once they come out with a TP with a CPU with atleast 1 GHZ ill be on it!!
Old 01-29-2010, 02:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Backup), Samsung Epic (Current)

iviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regulariviyth0s is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to iviyth0s

Quote:
Once they come out with a TP with a CPU with atleast 1 GHZ ill be on it!!
do you think you'll stay with WinMo or go Android?? I'm still juggling both options, I mean I love WinMo but I've been itching to check out android too. (which I could tinker with the Hero for a little but still have my TP)
Old 01-29-2010, 02:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iviyth0s View Post
do you think you'll stay with WinMo or go Android?? I'm still juggling both options, I mean I love WinMo but I've been itching to check out android too. (which I could tinker with the Hero for a little but still have my TP)
I will always be a Windows Person....I love the challenge.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

Im thinking about switching to android too but Im waiting for wm7 to drop before I make any big decisions.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:26 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

In short, the tp1 was the biggest piece of crap phone i've ever owned. From the OS to the crappy hardware issues I had with it.
Old 01-29-2010, 11:29 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
I will always be a Windows Person....I love the challenge.
So youre telling me you're willing to stick with an OS even as others pull ahead of it? That's like saying you'll stick with your 1974 volkswagon over a new car because you like the ability to be able to fix it. When that android with the snapdragon in it drops on sprint im goneeeeeeee.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro