PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Cricket Full flashTouch Pro Tutorial Updated 1/27/2010 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=106317)

whitey10tc 01-14-2010 06:07 PM

Cricket Full flashTouch Pro Tutorial Updated 1/27/2010

**NOTE******************************************** ****
IF YOU ARE IN A CRICKET AWS MARKET YOUR DEVICE MAY NOT WORK

** Your device your actions you brick it it's your problem**

1st off credit is due to those that wrote these programs I only take credit for putting this all together.

Install the following before anything else http://justpctech.com/PPC/NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab (thanks edru)

#1 use msl grabber to get the msl/spc code found here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43560
install via activesync or sd card and run on ppc.

#2 unlock with the unlocker listed here
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...08&postcount=1
Read and follow the direction. VERY IMPORTANT!

#3 flash this sprint 6.1 ROM to update radio "WARNING DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATION RUN" SOFT RESET WHEN IT SAYS AUTO CUSTUMIZATION IN 3 SECONDS. This is for GPS1 to work.
http://rapidshare.com/files/17615341...3_Ship.exe.zip
To do this connect USB to computer then get to bootloader red green yellow screen and connect to cable then run the exe file. DO NOT LET CUSTOMIZATION RUN SOFT RESET WHEN IT SAYS CUSTOMIZE IN 3 SECONDS.
After this point you may need to run the unlocker again.

#4 Go to the following and download
QPST and windows htc driver http://www.4shared.com/file/15364011...m_Drivers.html
activesync4.5 http://www.4shared.com/file/10189370...actsync45.html
Vista users will need this driver (Thanks to Sergey123456 from XDA)
Install QPST on computer
Install htc drivers on computer
Install Activesync 4.5 on computer
Put phone into diag ##3424# or (snd) mode & connect to computer. computer should connect and find new device
run QPST configururation and add new port till you find your phone.
Now in QPST run from top menu start clients service programing.
Select phone
Read from phone imput spc/msl code from the grabber.
Then enter 000000 in the service programing field.
Write to phone
now while in QPST lets get your GPSone set up for cricket.
Go to the GPS1 tab and uncheck all the boxes then recheck them.
then enter the following
pde ip address 209.210.15.72
pde port # 8888
pde transport IP
Position calculation mobile
Write to phone
close out
Do the following GPS Registry edits after installing desired ROM:
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\HTC\SUPL AGPS"
"GPSMode" value="2"
"ServerPort" value="8888"
"ServerIP" value="209.210.15.72"

I would recommend now to flash a custom ROM

You will need a cricket PRL to load http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GTWTR4I5 http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...43&postcount=1

then go to post #28 it will help you set up your pst setting correctly.
YOU CAN ALSO DOWNLOAD THE MMS CAB FROM HERE and then
Install the cricketwapmms cab
Do not try to open a data connection untill you have cricket service on the phone.
To authinticate your user name 10digit#@mycricket.com
you must have service.

If you are having issues with the orinal carrier setting reverting back try looking through these addtional QPST setting.

Please read the entire thread before posting Questions it may have been answered already and if it has I will only reference you to that post number.

jpwhre 01-14-2010 08:08 PM

Re: TP to cricket Full flash Tutorial

well i have to say, ok, wow.

did the mms issue get resolved from my post?

whitey10tc 01-14-2010 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpwhre (Post 1489305)
well i have to say, ok, wow.

did the mms issue get resolved from my post?

Not fully! I know that it is a market issue though! I have been getting MMS consistantly since Mon and I've flashed 4 times.

tonytec 01-15-2010 01:58 PM

Hey would this work for the hTC Imagio???

If not what will?

Thanks in advance great post, even if I can't gain from it atm...

whitey10tc 01-15-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonytec (Post 1491481)
Hey would this work for the hTC Imagio???

If not what will?

Thanks in advance great post, even if I can't gain from it atm...

Well I say this. NO!
This is for the TP, I haven't had the pleasure of an Imagio yet but I have one coming in next week after that I'll post a Tutorial for it.
*Edit*
The PST setting and QPST setting should work on the Imagio. Just not the unlocker or ROMS mentioned.

915_tuscani 01-22-2010 02:55 AM

what do i use for the regedit for gps Dword, string, which one do i use for all three and wut app is good for the GPS. thanks

whitey10tc 01-22-2010 03:06 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50286; U; ) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 915_tuscani
what do i use for the regedit for gps Dword, string, which one do i use for all three and wut app is good for the GPS. thanks

I would recomend using phm reg editor. Everything is there for the string, d words, etc. as for an app i use google maps.

915_tuscani 01-22-2010 03:13 AM

yeah, but am i puttin them as Dwords or strings or wut

whitey10tc 01-22-2010 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 915_tuscani (Post 1508417)
yeah, but am i puttin them as Dwords or strings or wut

These should get you going, but you only need to modify what is there already unless your ROM doesn't have them.
"GPSMode" value="2" D word
"ServerPort" value="8888" D word
"ServerIP" value="209.210.15.72" String

Sorry for the delayed post I've been dealing with a Hospitalized relative the past few days.

915_tuscani 01-22-2010 10:59 PM

thats kool thanks for the help, and hope evrything goes well wit ur family

tkq23111 01-23-2010 12:42 AM

this is for htc hero right thats what i googled and this thread can up.my phone is flashed to cricket and working but no mms ,does anyone have directions for just the web please .ty

whitey10tc 01-23-2010 03:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkq23111 (Post 1510549)
this is for htc hero right thats what i googled and this thread can up.my phone is flashed to cricket and working but no mms ,does anyone have directions for just the web please .ty

This Tutorial is for Windows Mobile on the Touch Pro. Did the tutorial on Mobile files not help you any? Right now I can say that Androids and crickets don't play nice together because their mips and sips don't get along.

antivirus1 01-23-2010 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=whitey10tc;1488898]1st off credit is due to those that wrote these programs I only take credit for putting this all together.

"GPSMode" value="2"

How do i read and write to the registry.. or do i need to do this...
:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3:

whitey10tc 01-23-2010 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antivirus1 (Post 1511660)
Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc (Post 1488898)
1st off credit is due to those that wrote these programs I only take credit for putting this all together.

"GPSMode" value="2"

How do i read and write to the registry.. or do i need to do this...
:laughing3::laughing3::laughing3::laughing3:

If you don't have a PHM registry editor, I would recommend searching it and installing it to your TP then you can go to HKLM scroll down to software then down to HTC then to SUPL AGPS then you find the registry entries that you can change or make. and yes if you on cricket and want to use the GPS efficiently you will want to make the changes.

antivirus1 01-25-2010 02:54 AM

"GPSMode"
"ServerPort" "ServerIP
they r not in my registy it have EnablePDEIPFromNV
one more thing.. where do i get custom rom...

whitey10tc 01-25-2010 03:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antivirus1 (Post 1514793)
"GPSMode"
"ServerPort" "ServerIP

they r not in my registy

Here is from an earlier post you may need to make them if they are not there.
Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc (Post 1510178)
These should get you going, but you only need to modify what is there already unless your ROM doesn't have them.

whitey10tc 01-25-2010 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antivirus1 (Post 1514793)
"GPSMode"
"ServerPort" "ServerIP
they r not in my registy it have EnablePDEIPFromNV
one more thing.. where do i get custom rom...

I have a Beta test ROM in a few hands right now if you would like to give it a try let me know.

antivirus1 01-25-2010 10:05 AM

Ok, When i make them.. do i put them in like this:
Oh Yeah.. I would like to try the custom rom.. THX

ziptrx 01-25-2010 10:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Whitey,

I think I have figured out Cricket's MMS, and have not found this info. I sent myself two pictures, both 1536x2048, but one is 412k and the other is 652k. When I receive both pictures, the 412k comes in at 1536x2048 but the 652k was resized. It appears that any picture that is over 500k will be resized. I also tested this with MMS videos and had the same results. I am in the San Antonio area, so this could be market-area specific. What do you think?

Quote:

Originally Posted by antivirus1 (Post 1515028)
Ok, When i make them.. do i put them in like this:
Oh Yeah.. I would like to try the custom rom.. THX

Here is a reg file that you can import.

antivirus1 01-25-2010 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziptrx (Post 1515054)
Whitey,

I think I have figured out Cricket's MMS, and have not found this info. I sent myself two pictures, both 1536x2048, but one is 412k and the other is 652k. When I receive both pictures, the 412k comes in at 1536x2048 but the 652k was resized. It appears that any picture that is over 500k will be resized. I also tested this with MMS videos and had the same results. I am in the San Antonio area, so this could be market-area specific. What do you think?

Where do that go.. i put it on and the registy is still the same..
One more thing.. do i write the prl with cdma workshop

ziptrx 01-25-2010 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antivirus1 (Post 1515286)

I use CeRegeditor to mess with the registry. Connect your phone via Activesync, start the program, then go to the Edit menu, select Import and select the reg file. I couldn't tell you anything about CDMA Workshop or QPST, since I can not get my phone to connect to either one.

whitey10tc 01-25-2010 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziptrx (Post 1515054)
Whitey,

Try this registry setting for your MMS issue
HKLM/SOFTWARE/ARCSOFT/ARCSOFT MMS UA/ CONFIG/MM1/WSPHEADER/USERAGENT VALUE DATA Sonyericssonw800i/R1L

Quote:

Originally Posted by antivirus1 (Post 1515286)

You can use either CDMA WS or QPST to load the PRL or you can load it through the EPST program on the phone by placing the PRL file on the phones internal memory I use my documents folder.
Quote:

Originally Posted by ziptrx (Post 1515439)
I use CeRegeditor to mess with the registry. Connect your phone via Activesync, start the program, then go to the Edit menu, select Import and select the reg file. I couldn't tell you anything about CDMA Workshop or QPST, since I can not get my phone to connect to either one.

Why can't you connect to QPST what's the story.

I will also be updating the first post this week with a cab for the WAP/MMS/GPS all in one.

whitey10tc 01-25-2010 03:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Her is a GPS only cab for those still having difficulties.

ziptrx 01-25-2010 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc (Post 1515456)
Try this registry setting for your MMS issue
HKLM/SOFTWARE/ARCSOFT/ARCSOFT MMS UA/ CONFIG/MM1/WSPHEADER/USERAGENT VALUE DATA Sonyericssonw800i/R1L

I changed this and now all pictures, regardless of file size, arrive at 576x768. Before, I had the useragent set to MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.546 (GUI) MMP/2.0 and I could receive pictures at 1536x2048, as long as the file size was 500k or less.
Quote:

Why can't you connect to QPST what's the story.
I couldn't tell you what exactly the problem is. I have the drivers installed, connect my phone in diag mode, but QPST will not detect the phone on any port. The HTC Diagnostic Interface is installed to COM6 and in QPST Config, I have added COM6, but no success on connecting to the phone. I have also reinstalled the drivers, and tried other COM ports with no luck. Who knows.. :-({|=

whitey10tc 01-25-2010 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ziptrx (Post 1515868)
I changed this and now all pictures, regardless of file size, arrive at 576x768. Before, I had the useragent set to MOT-QA30/00.72 UP.Browser/7.2.7.5.546 (GUI) MMP/2.0 and I could receive pictures at 1536x2048, as long as the file size was 500k or less.
I couldn't tell you what exactly the problem is. I have the drivers installed, connect my phone in diag mode, but QPST will not detect the phone on any port. The HTC Diagnostic Interface is installed to COM6 and in QPST Config, I have added COM6, but no success on connecting to the phone. I have also reinstalled the drivers, and tried other COM ports with no luck. Who knows.. :-({|=

I would say if you haven't already revert back to the QA30 useragent. I have had a couple Titans that play hell connecting to QPST, I sometimes would need to reinstall the HTC drivers several times. Also do you have an XP or Vista PC?

ziptrx 01-25-2010 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitey10tc (Post 1516286)
I would say if you haven't already revert back to the QA30 useragent. I have had a couple Titans that play hell connecting to QPST, I sometimes would need to reinstall the HTC drivers several times. Also do you have an XP or Vista PC?

I have Vista. I've reinstalled the drivers a number of times and am now thinking I may have to be on XP with Activesync 4.5. This weekend I'll probably install a VM of XP and see if that works.

whitetail73 02-07-2010 03:42 AM

Re: Cricket Full flashTouch Pro Tutorial Updated 1/27/2010

I Hope someone can help me.... I was on the #3 process of this tut and we had a power outage! Just my luck! Anyways, My TP will only boot up to the the bootloader screen/multi color screen, and says "Security Unlocked" at the top. Has the RAPH500 SPL-0.35.0000 on the screen. I tried to re-load the Unlocker and it does show the loading screen but only lasts for about one full minute, it stays at 0% then has "ERROR [262]: UPDATE ERROR" ont the RUU? Does the same thing when I tried to re run the #3 process as well. WMDC will not connect either. I am stuck...Please help. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

whitetail73 02-07-2010 03:46 AM

Just to ad...When I run the RUU, where it shows at the top on the "from" ROM part, it is blank. Does this mean there is no ROM on my phone which is ausing my problems? Just wanted to ad that and see if it helps. Thanks again.

whitetail73 02-07-2010 04:02 AM

I should ad that after this first happened, my TP would boot up to a black screen with white letters saying "HTC Touch Pro" and some small red letters and numbers at the bottom and would stay that way. I left it for a couple hours hoping it would get past that point and finish booting up but to no avail. Now after trying to reload the unlocker and trying to reload the step #3, which would always come up with the error I previously stated, it will now only boot up to the bootloader/colors screen. Thanks again.

whitey10tc 02-07-2010 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitetail73 (Post 1547541)
I Hope someone can help me.... I was on the #3 process of this tut and we had a power outage! Just my luck! Anyways, My TP will only boot up to the the bootloader screen/multi color screen, and says "Security Unlocked" at the top. Has the RAPH500 SPL-0.35.0000 on the screen. I tried to re-load the Unlocker and it does show the loading screen but only lasts for about one full minute, it stays at 0% then has "ERROR [262]: UPDATE ERROR" ont the RUU? Does the same thing when I tried to re run the #3 process as well. WMDC will not connect either. I am stuck...Please help. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitetail73 (Post 1547549)
Just to ad...When I run the RUU, where it shows at the top on the "from" ROM part, it is blank. Does this mean there is no ROM on my phone which is ausing my problems? Just wanted to ad that and see if it helps. Thanks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitetail73 (Post 1547563)
I should ad that after this first happened, my TP would boot up to a black screen with white letters saying "HTC Touch Pro" and some small red letters and numbers at the bottom and would stay that way. I left it for a couple hours hoping it would get past that point and finish booting up but to no avail. Now after trying to reload the unlocker and trying to reload the step #3, which would always come up with the error I previously stated, it will now only boot up to the bootloader/colors screen. Thanks again.

Find the original shipped ROM for your TP and flash it. When you lost power during the flash in step 3 you most likely lost your radio also.Also you won't need WMDC just place it in bootloader and plug in the USB it should then say USB at the bottom then you can flash.

whitetail73 02-07-2010 08:00 AM

IT WORKED! Thank you Whitey!

whitetail73 02-10-2010 03:04 AM

Ok, Now I have made it back to where I was before, thanks to whitey's help! Now I have finished step #3 but in order to continue to step #4 will I need to let the "CUSTOMIZE IN 3 SECONDS" run in order to dial ##3424# to put the phone in DIAG? Or am I missing something? I have ran the unlocker again and have done the soft reset but after reboot, the phone still tries to run the Customization in 3 seconds thing every time. Thanks for any help on this. I just wanna be clear on what I will need to do.

whitey10tc 02-10-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whitetail73 (Post 1554816)
Ok, Now I have made it back to where I was before, thanks to whitey's help! Now I have finished step #3 but in order to continue to step #4 will I need to let the "CUSTOMIZE IN 3 SECONDS" run in order to dial ##3424# to put the phone in DIAG? Or am I missing something? I have ran the unlocker again and have done the soft reset but after reboot, the phone still tries to run the Customization in 3 seconds thing every time. Thanks for any help on this. I just wanna be clear on what I will need to do.

If you let customization run you will need to start back at step #1 because it will reset your PRL, SPC.

BigMike7373 02-21-2010 05:28 AM

is there any way to get the sprint name change to cricket under the battery ? this is a link to my screen shot

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...&id=1421469372

razorloves 02-21-2010 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMike7373 (Post 1580021)
is there any way to get the sprint name change to cricket under the battery ? this is a link to my screen shot

you can change it to say whatever you want. use this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...5&d=1205762403

whitey10tc 02-21-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigMike7373 (Post 1580021)

If you follow the tutorial you can make that change using QPST.

Bysser 02-23-2010 02:04 AM

Hi:
I follow the instructions on your tutorial but on step 3 I installed this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=516509 however i did the next step and loaded the 5151 prl file (cause i live in NC) founded here http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...43&postcount=1 and if i make a test call (*611) i'll be connected to the US Cellular network...
Is this right or i did something wrong? i just want to make sure my tp is flashed so i can transfer my service, i have unlimited internet in my plan but no roaming, thanks for all the info u posted and i have two more questions:
is anyway that can i check if my phone is already flashed (mms, data and text/calls) before transfer my service?
if i dial ##3424# nothing happen i was using this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35358 but i know i broke something, is anyway to fix it?
it,s my first time playing with my phone, thanks a lot

whitey10tc 02-23-2010 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bysser (Post 1584140)
Hi:
I follow the instructions on your tutorial but on step 3 I installed this rom http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=516509 however i did the next step and loaded the 5151 prl file (cause i live in NC) founded here http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...43&postcount=1 and if i make a test call (*611) i'll be connected to the US Cellular network...
Is this right or i did something wrong? i just want to make sure my tp is flashed so i can transfer my service, i have unlimited internet in my plan but no roaming, thanks for all the info u posted and i have two more questions:
is anyway that can i check if my phone is already flashed (mms, data and text/calls) before transfer my service?
if i dial ##3424# nothing happen i was using this http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35358 but i know i broke something, is anyway to fix it?
it,s my first time playing with my phone, thanks a lot

What message do you receive when dialing *22804? That should be the test to see if you connect to cricket.
Are you in a native cricket coverage or PEC area?
To find out if the WAP is working do all the PST setting correctly, install a WAP/MMS cab, open your browser and goto www.google.com it will then popup a window asking for username and password. enter your 10digit#@mycricket.com for user and cricket for pass click save pass. Then you should be able to connect on your current wap connection. For the ##3424# install this cab http://dc182.4shared.com/download/21..._Shortcuts.cab
it will place a tools folder in the start menu that you can access the ## codes through.

Bysser 02-23-2010 04:57 PM

Thanks for your quick reply, I use *611 as the test call just like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjaAaWOU-ME and i get conected to the USCellular network, (thank u for calling US Callular, for spanish press 2, bla bla bla), if i try any other # it takes me to the national roaming network, (for collect calls) or something like that, i'm on a native cricket area (Raleigh NC) and a lot of stores do ppc flash so i'm sure it can be done in my area, i junt want to learn, I did all the PST sethings correctly and i add the 5151 prl i get the cab files for mms/data to work, i get that window asking me for my username/password but i didn't try to connect cause the phone is not activated jet, i just want to make sure my phone is flashed (talk/text) so i can transfer my service and for the data/mms i can fix it later right?
Thanks for all your help.

whitey10tc 02-25-2010 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bysser (Post 1585390)
Thanks for your quick reply, I use *611 as the test call just like in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjaAaWOU-ME and i get conected to the USCellular network, (thank u for calling US Callular, for spanish press 2, bla bla bla), if i try any other # it takes me to the national roaming network, (for collect calls) or something like that, i'm on a native cricket area (Raleigh NC) and a lot of stores do ppc flash so i'm sure it can be done in my area, i junt want to learn, I did all the PST sethings correctly and i add the 5151 prl i get the cab files for mms/data to work, i get that window asking me for my username/password but i didn't try to connect cause the phone is not activated jet, i just want to make sure my phone is flashed (talk/text) so i can transfer my service and for the data/mms i can fix it later right?
Thanks for all your help.

Try using either PRL 1042 or PRL 1013.