PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PIE works by Skyfire won't connect Metro PCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNoxious View Post
So you know of people having access to email on metro touch pros but not having the email on their plan? I have mimicked my tp settings to outlook perfectly and ran through gmail tutorials normal user tutorials but absolutely can not get my email to work. I have been told that the extra 5 dollars does not restrict pop or imap but just the use of their apps. That is what i meant by metro blocking connections to data. Skyfire just didn't work and i didn't concern myself with it lol. Opera 9 works perfect i can get opera 10 to work but as soon as i soft reset that hoe shits out on me.

TLDR: Does email work on metro on the 40 dollar plan. (The one that is not supposed to have email)
my two yahoo emails work just fine, but I could never get gmail and that windows live email to work lol

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 04-08-2010, 08:37 AM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlo View Post
I too have noticed some apps stopped working properly and browsing became VERY SLOW (as if packets keep dropping) on Metro as of Easter weekend. I did upgrade the ROM just before that weekend, but all connections and apps were working normally for a day.
I believe Metro is either blocking apps or having a major network problem!
I believe you could be mistaken, I've noticed alot of touch pro and diamond issues are having network and app issues, including windows marketplace, but the tp2 users are not having any issues, as to why, I've no clue, but thats what I found out
Old 04-08-2010, 12:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
my two yahoo emails work just fine, but I could never get gmail and that windows live email to work lol

True i'll check it out. Are you on the 40 dollar plan?
Old 04-08-2010, 02:46 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNoxious View Post
True i'll check it out. Are you on the 40 dollar plan?
no I have a dealer plan
Old 04-08-2010, 03:34 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Sprint
Carrier: MetroPCS

travanx is a n00b

I am on the $40 plan and gmail and my personal pop server work perfect. Picking up mail is a bit slow though. I had a lot of issues with this as I got the phone on Saturday. Nothing worked right on Sunday, but magically the email stuff worked on Monday. I can't get the twitter app to work. Also IE was the only browser I could get to work until sometime Monday night when Opera started working. My next problem was that MMS was working on Saturday but now it doesn't include the pictures in the messages as of Wednesday. I posted this on another forum and probably sound like a crazy person. But the apps seem really hit or miss each day.

Gmail is going through IMAP and my business email is going through POP. I also did a mobile speedtest and got 1meg down/sec but the connection seems really slow when trying to do stuff.

Another odd thing is that Pandora connects and show the artist playing, but no sound comes out, almost like it's too slow to download the music.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ozlo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I believe you could be mistaken, I've noticed alot of touch pro and diamond issues are having network and app issues, including windows marketplace, but the tp2 users are not having any issues, as to why, I've no clue, but thats what I found out
It's a conspiracy by HTC to force users to upgrade to their latest models.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Hopefully htc touch pro
Carrier: metropcs

SeanNoxious is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by travanx View Post
I am on the $40 plan and gmail and my personal pop server work perfect. Picking up mail is a bit slow though. I had a lot of issues with this as I got the phone on Saturday. Nothing worked right on Sunday, but magically the email stuff worked on Monday. I can't get the twitter app to work. Also IE was the only browser I could get to work until sometime Monday night when Opera started working. My next problem was that MMS was working on Saturday but now it doesn't include the pictures in the messages as of Wednesday. I posted this on another forum and probably sound like a crazy person. But the apps seem really hit or miss each day.

Gmail is going through IMAP and my business email is going through POP. I also did a mobile speedtest and got 1meg down/sec but the connection seems really slow when trying to do stuff.

Another odd thing is that Pandora connects and show the artist playing, but no sound comes out, almost like it's too slow to download the music.

I got my gmail to work over wifi but not data yet twitter app downloads tweets but wont let me update status touch flow 3d fbook integration seemingly does nothing for me.

What rom and radio are you using on the touch pro?
Old 04-09-2010, 01:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozlo View Post
It's a conspiracy by HTC to force users to upgrade to their latest models.
lol, the amount of money I would spend in batteries if I kept my touch pro, I could have bought a touch pro 2
Old 04-16-2010, 05:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 2.3.3
Carrier: Metro pcs

montecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmontecristo1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Apps I noticed recently that stopped working on Metro PCS and were working flawlessly at one point;
skyfire (cant establish network connection)-works on wifi
wunderradio (cant establish network connection)- works on wifi
pandora (no audio)- streams
Old 04-16-2010, 04:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

ozlo is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecristo1 View Post
Apps I noticed recently that stopped working on Metro PCS and were working flawlessly at one point;
skyfire (cant establish network connection)-works on wifi
wunderradio (cant establish network connection)- works on wifi
pandora (no audio)- streams

Once again I contend that Metro is either having major issues with some servers, or they are selectively blocking applications in certain regions.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
metro pcs, skyfire, touch pro