PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2010, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

billyman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Huge thanks to all the people working to make this a reality.

I dowloaded & extracted the AIO package, followed the directions (not that they were very hard) and got Android to boot. However I have no touchscreen functionality. Im at the screen that reads, "Welcome to XDANDROID. Touch the android to begin." But nothing happens when I touch it. I get some response when I touch the D-pad, but it seems sporadic. Please help.

Last edited by billyman; 03-26-2010 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:12 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Delete ts-calibration in your android folder. Then reboot and recalibrate. Be careful -- use a light touch.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

DropZone9540 is just getting started

Thanks for all your help, this thing is really looking good. I'm sure it will be all ready for prime time by the time my new Evo gets released but in the mean time... I changed the startup.txt to reflect the 210 resolution but still not getting the apps to show up in the market (facebook/pandora/etc). Any other suggestions?
Old 03-25-2010, 05:13 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

From a thread about the hacked market:

Quote:
If you don't see these apps, delete Market data ("rm -r /data/data/com.android.vending") and reboot.
If that doesn't work, trash your data.img and start over.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

DropZone9540 is just getting started

nothing in my data folder. empty. I'm just going to start over and change the startup before I boot for the first time. thanks for the help.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:17 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Gotta be root to see it. type 'su' before that other command.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

endless82 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
Sure. Open the Terminal Emulator. (if you don't have one, download from the Market -- Android Terminal Emulator, I think it's called. But I'm pretty sure I put it in the latest all-in-one package.)

Make a directory for APKs in your sdcard:
Code:
mkdir /sdcard/APKs
Switch to the root account:
Code:
su
Switch to the ash shell (to enable tab-completion):
Code:
sh
Change to your /data/app directory:
Code:
cd /data/app
Find the names of the packages you want to backup:
Code:
ls
This will give you a list of all the packages you have installed. The ones you've downloaded from the market will (generally) be of the form com.author.appname.apk. The apps from the AndroidApps directory will also show up here. Disregard them.
For each app you want to backup, copy it to the directory in the sdcard:
Code:
cp com.author.appname.apk /sdcard/APKs/
You should be able to just type the beginning of the file name and hit tab to finish it. (i.e. com.auth<tab>)
You can also do this via ADB if you have it installed and working (and that way you don't have to type on the phone keyboard at all).
You can also do it by mounting data.img on any system that can read an ext2 image.
Why not use an app for that? Here are the ones I could round up. Nice to know how to do this manually, but with a few clicks all is done. Seems better suited to the casual android users. Backup/Install/Uninstall all from the pc. I use Android Commander myself.

Android Commander
Droid Commander
Android Manager
My Android Manager
PC Suite for Android
Old 03-25-2010, 04:09 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Threadstarter

Definitely. Working through ADB is great, but you have to make sure ADB works first. It should at this point, but there are a few pitfalls. (Must have device connected at boot, have to get the drivers, etc.)

I use droid explorer (your second link), and it's great, but the file manager functionality seems flaky on my device sometimes.

The upside to the method I outlined can be done from the device without any other apps. The downside is that it's a big hassle and requires using the device keyboard.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

endless82 is just getting started

Wasn't to bad of an install, grabbed the Sdk, installed the usb drivers. Is a pain to have to have it connected at startup. Haven't had no problems with the app itself so far.

Figured most here can follow instructions, all the app sites give a list of installation instructions. Pretty standard across the board. I just like installing, backing up, and pulling from my pc, so much easier then saving, booting winmo, ripping the files off. Upgrading has gotten quite a bit faster I must say.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

NateReal is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by aadcrasher View Post
someone else gave you one solution but i had the same problem and it turned out that i was using the diamond version which is different bc on the diamond android is in the internal memory not in the sd card. but if you have the right version you need to use a reg editer and goto

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Gen.Y\DualBOOT]

and edit the dword "Androidbootfolder" 0 if haret.exe is in the root and 1 is haret.exe is in \sdcard\android. it wont work anywhere else
this worked perfectly. thanks a lot. the only thing that's left to fix, is the horrible battery life. and the way it gives you false readings. hopefully this will be improved in the next build.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux