PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro replacement through Ashurion. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103461)

desairs 12-27-2009 07:44 PM

Touch Pro replacement through Ashurion.

What are they offering as a replacement for the TP through Ashurion that is. My phone has the cracked chrome and now I basically have to pay the deductible.

alex jb 12-27-2009 08:44 PM

Re: Touch Pro replacement through Ashurion.

It seems carier dependant, also availability of refurbed TP's
Try the website, you can start your legitimate claim, and get to where you find out what they are replacing with, then decide to finish processing the claim or not.

I broke the power button on my Vogue and waited untill it showed the diamond to get it replaced.

Talon Pro 12-27-2009 08:46 PM

The list i saw at the Store showed the TP2, but your milage may vary as i think they have the TP back in stock on refurb also. The cracked chrome is a known issue, and is replaceable at Sprint, not through insurance. Unless you are out of your 1 year warranty.

desairs 12-27-2009 09:56 PM

Can someone check the asurion site for me? I don't have my TP on the line because it is having signal issues. I am using a POS right now but I don't want to put it back on my line because it takes too long.

Dr.8820 12-27-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by desairs (Post 1440836)
Can someone check the asurion site for me? I don't have my TP on the line because it is having signal issues. I am using a POS right now but I don't want to put it back on my line because it takes too long.

they will give you a tp unless they are out, then maybe a tp2 is in your future.

desairs 12-27-2009 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1440845)
they will give you a tp unless they are out, then maybe a tp2 is in your future.

Yeah I know. I just want to see if they are in stock or not. You can see it on the Asurion site, but the phone has to be active on the line you check. That's why I was seeing if someone else could check.

alex jb 12-28-2009 12:31 AM

it's a Re-furbed TP as of 22:30 this evening.

mstevens 12-29-2009 02:17 PM

My chrome surround recently cracked - as far as I can tell, it happened overnight while sitting on a counter, which makes no sense. I took it in to a Sprint store and was told that all physical damage was an insurance issue and that repair was not possible.

PhyscoAssassinx 12-29-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstevens (Post 1445343)
I took it in to a Sprint store and was told that all physical damage was an insurance issue and that repair was not possible.

Dont Ya Hate when them lazy jackasses try to jerk you around like you dont know anything and secretly we grin like we know more then they think

desairs 12-29-2009 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mstevens (Post 1445343)
My chrome surround recently cracked - as far as I can tell, it happened overnight while sitting on a counter, which makes no sense. I took it in to a Sprint store and was told that all physical damage was an insurance issue and that repair was not possible.

Kepp complaining to advance tech support. I got the woman to pay my deductible.

Arthurlee77 01-05-2010 10:29 PM

Asurion is now replacing TP with TP2 via online insurance claim. No phone call necessary. I will have mine in hand tomorrow. I don't know how long this will last.

locomariachi 01-06-2010 12:50 PM

I just tried and it gave me a PALM pre, what option did you use to replace your phone on the drop down menu? I put Broken ports.

CaliBoyPhillip 01-06-2010 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomariachi (Post 1464919)
I just tried and it gave me a PALM pre, what option did you use to replace your phone on the drop down menu? I put Broken ports.

I had my touch pro get lost while skiing in Oregon lol, I reported it lost via online claim. I guess if you want to... make you're phone get lost but that wouldn't be nice so don't do that lmao!

locomariachi 01-06-2010 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaliBoyPhillip (Post 1465024)
I had my touch pro get lost while skiing in Oregon lol, I reported it lost via online claim. I guess if you want to... make you're phone get lost but that wouldn't be nice so don't do that lmao!

Well i tried a claim for broken buttons and then said the screen was having problems, they wanted to swap me out for a palm pre, but i said nope bc the design was flimsy and i really can't type on it (my sister had that phone before she got the pixi) so they said i was outta luck unless i wanted a blackberry (but then i'd have to change my sero, no go on that one!) so i will try again later

CaliBoyPhillip 01-06-2010 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomariachi (Post 1465186)
Well i tried a claim for broken buttons and then said the screen was having problems, they wanted to swap me out for a palm pre, but i said nope bc the design was flimsy and i really can't type on it (my sister had that phone before she got the pixi) so they said i was outta luck unless i wanted a blackberry (but then i'd have to change my sero, no go on that one!) so i will try again later

I hope you get lucky and get a tp2 offered soon! I did mines at 1am in the morning lol... perhaps try at a early / late time, I would heck no ever accept a palm pre, it is... to toyish for me.

locomariachi 01-06-2010 03:45 PM

Just Called again to verify what the first girl said, they really do only have Palm Pre's to replace the TP apparently. No TP2s at all. :/ can anyone here confirm that with me?

CaliBoyPhillip 01-06-2010 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomariachi (Post 1465370)
Just Called again to verify what the first girl said, they really do only have Palm Pre's to replace the TP apparently. No TP2s at all. :/ can anyone here confirm that with me?

I'm not sure.... I in fact don't think anyone can verify that unless they worked for there department in charge of that. Have you tried a online claim to check for yourself once again =\? I know i would have been po if they that is what they tried offering me.

locomariachi 01-06-2010 04:28 PM

I did the claim thing but they kept the ticket open so maybe I should call and close it then?

CaliBoyPhillip 01-06-2010 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by locomariachi (Post 1465498)
I did the claim thing but they kept the ticket open so maybe I should call and close it then?

try just going to this link here "http://phoneclaim.com/" then on the far lest side of the screen there will be some boxes that say claim now! under that three boxes should be there saying resume claim, track my claim, and claim doc....

try clicking the resume claim option and it should re prompt you thru very step again.

johnnydough646 01-06-2010 04:49 PM

I just called asurion told them i didnt want the palm pre cause the buttons are to small and then the lady said lets see what we can do and offered me the touch pro 2 easy as that

imneveral0ne 01-06-2010 05:10 PM

lol well lucky you :-p congrats on your new TP2 :D

johnnydough646 01-06-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imneveral0ne (Post 1465633)
lol well lucky you :-p congrats on your new TP2 :D

EVERYONE CAN DO THE SAME THING

I did it on phoneclaim.com than denied the palm pre than I called them and said I cant use the palm pre because I have big fingers,,,I played dumb and said I didnt realize there werent anymore touch pro thats when she offered the touch pro 2.... Trust me it will work

176562 01-06-2010 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arthurlee77 (Post 1463818)
Asurion is now replacing TP with TP2 via online insurance claim. No phone call necessary. I will have mine in hand tomorrow. I don't know how long this will last.

+1

I did this on Sunday for my TP that had a cracked screen. Received a NIB TP2 yesterday.

Dr.8820 01-06-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnnydough646 (Post 1465806)
I played dumb and said I didnt realize there werent anymore touch pro thats when she offered the touch pro 2.... Trust me it will work

i think this is the key. some folks call and demand a tp2, and that's why they don't get one.

Ragster 01-06-2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 176562 (Post 1465885)
+1

I did this on Sunday for my TP that had a cracked screen. Received a NIB TP2 yesterday.

+2

Screen and keyboard would randomly malfunction so Sprint would "Find no problem so you have to replace through Asurion" I was skeptical because it was giving me a Palm Pre so I checked it out at school and BAM TP2 came up and hopped on it :) Not bad for an upgrade on my phone for $100 after getting it 8 months and a bit ago haha

Touch Pro 2 for me now, it was done online, no phone call needed! :)

tone_dog 01-06-2010 10:03 PM

Just chatted with sprint online and told them about all the trouble i been having with replacements and repairs and THE KEYBOARD!!!! being replaced 4 times already. They offered to pay my 100 dollar deductible. Just called asurion and they only offering the plam pre. Need to check online now then call back and play stupid

tone_dog 01-06-2010 10:32 PM

Just did it online. Got a 7830 or TP2!!! Gotta send in a stupid affidavid thing tho so cant do that until tomorrow.

chaosman 01-06-2010 11:50 PM

eh dropped my just replaced(ESRP) today hd touch pro in the snow puddle. Water damage 3 hours after i got it:evil:
However just got off the phone with Asurion, they are replacing with a Touch Pro 2 (not sure if it is a refurb or not) with "expedited shipping" not sure if they do the express shipping with everyone?

rcubed3r 01-07-2010 12:38 AM

My TP screen has been damaged for a while. I just checked asurion (again) and the 7380 was my replacement. Done. TP2 here soon!
Ron

CaliBoyPhillip 01-07-2010 02:34 AM

I believe this is just a way for insurance company to get rid of tp's... Congrats to everyone who successfully has gotten one! I really hate it that Fedex was my delivery service! awful awful service i tell you what! the driver kept on driving by my house and never bothered to even stopped by my house and attempt to drop the package but he dared say no one was there to accept the package, so i was told today he would drop it off and bam he tried doing the same so i called fedex extremely po and I'm guessing they yelled at the driver because he looked pretty mad when he came to my house 10 mins later he shows up hunking and looked really angry. Overall I'm happy i have my tp2 now =]

Dubez 01-07-2010 04:11 AM

Put in a claim today, and was told that my Touch Pro would be replaced. :cry:Also i have to fax an affidavit form... For anyone that had to fill out an affidavit form, how long did it take for you to get your phone?

revrick 01-07-2010 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dubez (Post 1467242)
Put in a claim today, and was told that my Touch Pro would be replaced. :cry:Also i have to fax an affidavit form... For anyone that had to fill out an affidavit form, how long did it take for you to get your phone?

Well, Monday morning I submitted a claim for my touch pro (touch pro2 was available at the time). I had to fax in said Affidavit and copy of ID as well, which I did Monday evening about 5:30. About noon on tuesday I got a call saying I was approved. I was in a meeting so I couldnt finalize the claim. An hour later I got online to attempt to complete the claim online. I got the same obligatory message to call asurion to process it. I did that Tuesday afternoon and the touch pro 2 wasnt available at that time, only the pre and the curve...i said no thanks. the gal was very friendly and said to call 2-3 times a day till either my phone (touch pro) was in or an acceptable replacement was in stock. So it don't matter if the TP2 was in stock at the time of you starting the claim...all bets are off if they have you call in or you have to fax info to asurion. Just keep at it and call a few times a day, be polite and non-demanding. tell them that you need the win-mo device that you had or something that YOU are ok with as a replacement. dont take the pre or the blackberry unless these are ok and you need a working phone ASAP.:salute:

Dubez 01-07-2010 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revrick (Post 1467330)
Well, Monday morning I submitted a claim for my touch pro (touch pro2 was available at the time). I had to fax in said Affidavit and copy of ID as well, which I did Monday evening about 5:30. About noon on tuesday I got a call saying I was approved. I was in a meeting so I couldnt finalize the claim. An hour later I got online to attempt to complete the claim online. I got the same obligatory message to call asurion to process it. I did that Tuesday afternoon and the touch pro 2 wasnt available at that time, only the pre and the curve...i said no thanks. the gal was very friendly and said to call 2-3 times a day till either my phone (touch pro) was in or an acceptable replacement was in stock. So it don't matter if the TP2 was in stock at the time of you starting the claim...all bets are off if they have you call in or you have to fax info to asurion. Just keep at it and call a few times a day, be polite and non-demanding. tell them that you need the win-mo device that you had or something that YOU are ok with as a replacement. dont take the pre or the blackberry unless these are ok and you need a working phone ASAP.:salute:

Thanks for the info buddy. :occasion5: Keeping my fingers crossed....

revrick 01-07-2010 10:10 AM

Just got off the phone with Asurion. They finally offered me a TP2. Not sure if its refurbed or not, but I'll light that candle if it gives me problems. Be patient, courtious...but FIRM in you needing a device that has Windows mobile, a physical qwerty keyboard, etc... If they offer you anything other than what you want or need...politely decline it and call back later in the day or the next day...or several times a day as their inventory changes minute by minute as I was told by a friendly CSR. Good Luck all!

ATT-Half 01-07-2010 10:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
well guys i took the palm pre :neutral:
wanted a touch pro 2 but wow speed difference and level of response I'm getting from WebOS vs touch pro is amazing.
Quote:

anyone want to buy touch pro accessories (Cradle sync Charger w/Data Cable/ 2 X batteries for HTC Touch Pro )$42 shipped and I'll include few other things
only issue i have Asurion send me the pre without a charger lol ( they force me from touch pro to palm pre and they expect me to buy the accessories)

how the F*** am i suppose to charge a phone without a charger i called them and they fedexing a charger but not overnight like they did with the phone 4 days lucky a found a Motorola charger that i had and it fits the palm pre other wise no phone for couple of days lol

Quote:

so who ever swaps phone to a different brand make sure u ask them to send u the charger other wise your going to be waiting with no phone

locomariachi 01-07-2010 12:13 PM

Well I put my claim in at around 7PM MST, then this morning I have the confirmation that it should be at my place by 3pm today! noiiiiiiiiiiiiice! hoping for a BNIB but we'll see what happens, the person helping me said I wouldn't need any accessories so I'm hoping its all on the up and up.

thabanga510 01-07-2010 12:46 PM

Im on my 5th Touchpro the keyboard has went out on all them. I called cutomer care and they are saying they can replace it with a Snap,Curve or Pre. How are these phones comparable, Ill be calling Sprint alot in the next few days.

boredandtattooed 01-07-2010 03:09 PM

i do claims multiple times a week, either for myself or my friends(handle their phone calls for them to carrier or insurance)... the cracked chrome thing doesnt work very often anymore..

a sprint store should and will usually tell you, cracked chrome is cosmetic.. if it doesnt affect the use of your device, it means you use asurion... if ur lucky youll find a dumb store associate or tech to do it for it, but cracked chrome technically doesnt affect your devices use and thats what service and repair centers are for...

how i usually get around this: go in and ask if they have any TP1s their about to send in, maybe one with a hardware issue or a screen issue.. if they do, ask to have your housing switched with the other one... this is well within your service and repair part of your insurance... most of the time if they dont have it, then they order me one... but if you go in there spouting out about how its a known defect and blah blah blah.. they may just tell ya to go.. sprint stores can refuse you service.. sprint stores have different rules/guidelines they can play by..

Gilmore Game 01-07-2010 06:46 PM

3 times and refurb TP each time....Maybe I'm not so lucky tho

soinkster 01-08-2010 01:38 AM

so im trying to get an understanding you can go to the website make an order, see what you get and then cancel if its not the pro2?