PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Touch Pro replacement through Ashurion. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=103461)

RavenTBK 01-09-2010 05:57 PM

Re: Touch Pro replacement through Ashurion.

Random question... how are yall checking whats available?

jayr0422 01-09-2010 10:45 PM

what is this stupid affidavit I keep hearing about?

rcubed3r 01-10-2010 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayr0422 (Post 1475224)
what is this stupid affidavit I keep hearing about?

I dunno? I did not have to do anything like that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RavenTBK (Post 1474460)
Random question... how are yall checking whats available?

Quote:

Originally Posted by soinkster (Post 1470178)
so im trying to get an understanding you can go to the website make an order, see what you get and then cancel if its not the pro2?

Go to www.phoneclaim.com
Enter your info and start a claim. After a few screens it will tell you what your replacement will be. It does not give you a choice, but you do not have to continue the claim if you don't like what they are offering. Check multiple times a day until the 7380 is offered as a replacement, then finish the claim.

I also read somewhere on here that a refurb phone and charger would show up as 1.0 lbs. when tracked, but a NIB phone would be 2.0 lb.s. Mine showed 1.0 lbs., but was a brand new full retail box replacement.

on a side note, I have owned my TP for a little over a year, and the TP2 blows it out of the water in every way. The screen size is awesome!

Ron

armPitt 01-10-2010 11:02 AM

what did I do wrong?

at first I tried to place a claim, then a message came up that I needed to contact one of Asurion's representatives in order to continue my claim (right after step 2 where you identify the problem).

so...I went back on to try again. Now I can't get past step 1 because it gives the this error: "please enter a valid wireless number"

maybe they are getting several of these requests and they are checking them out more thoroughly? or could it be because I just had my tp1 replaced a few weeks ago (in store and because of defects, tho...)

anyway, I'm confused and was just trying to see what was in stock. I hope I didn't screw up my account or something.

rcubed3r 01-10-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armPitt (Post 1476083)
what did I do wrong?

at first I tried to place a claim, then a message came up that I needed to contact one of Asurion's representatives in order to continue my claim (right after step 2 where you identify the problem).

so...I went back on to try again. Now I can't get past step 1 because it gives the this error: "please enter a valid wireless number"

maybe they are getting several of these requests and they are checking them out more thoroughly? or could it be because I just had my tp1 replaced a few weeks ago (in store and because of defects, tho...)

anyway, I'm confused and was just trying to see what was in stock. I hope I didn't screw up my account or something.

it probably has something to do with you having that phone for less than 30 days. :dontknow:

DrUnKeN_TiGeR 01-10-2010 12:30 PM

no i have had my fone for quite awhile defiantly more than 30 days and it still told me to call

katego 01-10-2010 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed3r (Post 1476114)
it probably has something to do with you having that phone for less than 30 days. :dontknow:

maybe not... i had a replacement TP less than 30 days ago. i just put through my claim online.

-k

soinkster 01-10-2010 04:21 PM

im going to try this. I just fear paying $100 for another tp1

mpalleschi 01-10-2010 05:07 PM

Just did a claim for my screen issues, 7380 :occasion5:

GoZO 01-10-2010 05:33 PM

I got a refurbished TP1 back in November. I called complaining of my frequent restarts and lockups today. They are sending me a new TP2!!

Westfire 01-10-2010 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by farrellcollie (Post 1476630)
If you get a replacement from asuran - does it restart a two year contract and do they also charge you to activate the phone after the $100 charge deductible? Thanks.

That is my question too. I am about 5 months away from my 2 year upgrade but don't want to file a claim and get a Pre, TP2 or whatever and it restarts my 2 year upgrade eligibilty.

176562 01-10-2010 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rcubed3r (Post 1476037)
I dunno? I did not have to do anything like that.

+1

Quote:

I also read somewhere on here that a refurb phone and charger would show up as 1.0 lbs. when tracked, but a NIB phone would be 2.0 lb.s. Mine showed 1.0 lbs., but was a brand new full retail box replacement.

+1 Again..tracking showed 1.0 lb but it was a NIB device.

Quote:

on a side note, I have owned my TP for a little over a year, and the TP2 blows it out of the water in every way. The screen size is awesome!

Absolutely! I had the same TP1 for over a year...babied it and had zero hardware issues. It was like brand new until I cracked the screen on new Years Eve. #-oBut the TP2 is a vastly superior device in every way...especially with Energy Rom!

Trantastic 01-16-2010 12:20 AM

Hey all! I was wondering what your opinions are on my situation. So my Tp has just started acting up. I've had it less than a year (got it on 1/27/09) and The screen periodically shuts off on it's own during texting and while getting texts. You can barely see the screen when it "shuts off" and when you hit the power button to turn on/off again it won't do anything. This last in and out for about a good 3-5 minutes. I can soft reset the phone and it will go away for a good part of the day but it seems to be happening on a consistent basis. I tried a hard reset and no luck. I have flashed back to the stock rom from a custom and it is still doing it. If not more often now. I was thinking about taking it in to the Sprint store to have them diagnose and possibly fix it or should I just do an insurance claim on it through asurion?? I am on the TEP insurance plan. Thanks in advance for the input!

Dr.8820 01-16-2010 01:00 AM

trantastic, take it to a repair store or call *2 first. try to say yourself $100.

Trantastic 01-16-2010 01:06 AM

Thanks Dr. 8820! I will do so tomorrow!

Dr.8820 01-16-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trantastic (Post 1493079)
Thanks Dr. 8820! I will do so tomorrow!

after all, all they can say is no, then do the insurance thing! they shouldn't though, they know the tp is junk. they took mine back in october.

Trantastic 01-16-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1493091)
after all, all they can say is no, then do the insurance thing! they shouldn't though, they know the tp is junk. they took mine back in october.

Rock on! :headbang: Just hoping that I won't get a refurb! How are you liking the TP2?

Dr.8820 01-16-2010 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trantastic (Post 1493120)
Rock on! :headbang: Just hoping that I won't get a refurb! How are you liking the TP2?

you've probably read it a million times but it bares repeating; it's what the tp should have been! no more overheating!! i hope you can get one, no one should suffer with a tp!

Trantastic 01-16-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 1493129)
you've probably read it a million times but it bares repeating; it's what the tp should have been! no more overheating!! i hope you can get one, no one should suffer with a tp!

lol! Yes but it's reassuring to hear that.... One thing I can't get past is the sheer size! The phone is ginormus!! How are the custom roms for the tp2?

Dr.8820 01-16-2010 02:00 AM

i'm on stock...it runs real smooth to me.

horndoctor 01-16-2010 02:15 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820
i'm on stock...it runs real smooth to me.

You're still running stock!? You should be banned from here! :evil4:

Dr.8820 01-16-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1493200)
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

lol!! yeah, i'm like that dying breed, sort of like touch users lol!

horndoctor 01-16-2010 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820
Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 1493200)

lol!! yeah, i'm like that dying breed, sort of like touch users lol!

LOL! You got me there!

(I just said that because of what you said in that other thread.);)

Trantastic 01-16-2010 07:30 PM

AAAAAAAHHHHHH SNAP!!!! My TP2 is on its way!! SCOOOREEE! :mrgreen::mrgreen:

TweetyBear 01-16-2010 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trantastic (Post 1494585)

u got it from sprint or asurion?

jethro_static 01-16-2010 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trantastic (Post 1494585)

EY, Gotta help us out here. Who replaced Ur TP with a TP2? what is the problem with Ur TP? gotta elaborate a little for the hopefuls. :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Trantastic 01-16-2010 08:38 PM

Ok here's what happened:

The screen periodically shuts off on it's own during texting and while getting texts. You can barely see the screen when it "shuts off" and when you hit the power button to turn on/off again it won't do anything. This last in and out for about a good 3-5 minutes. I can soft reset the phone and it will go away for a good part of the day but it seems to be happening on a consistent basis. I tried a hard reset and no luck. I have flashed back to the stock rom from a custom and it is still doing it. If not more often now.

I went into a sprint store and had the tech look at it. The hot chick at the front counter said she was going to check on my phone after a moment and she said they're gonna replace my phone and asked me if I wanted the TP2.... I was like hells yes!! The END. lol! :spin::toothy7: