PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2009, 02:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

yzguy128 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Stuck at 0% or Black Touch Pro screen fix (long read simple solution)

SOLUTION/EXPLANATION AT THE BOTTOM.

I struggled all morning with this problem and FINALLY got it fixed so I wanted to share situation/solution.

I have sprint so I can't really speak if this works for any other carriers.

So here was my problem. I'm a flashaholic and I like to try a lot of the sweet custom roms offered by memebers of this forum. My last round of flashes went as usual until I soft reset the phone. After flashing the latest Energy Rom (just for the record this rom didn't cause the issue, it was a lot of little things that caused it) the problem started.

I soft reset the phone after flashing and it just stays at the black Touch Pro screen. Only a hard reset get's me back to using my phone but that's no good because I have to set everything back up again. Not to mention it did the same thing after a hard reset a little later in the week.

So I turned to the forums for help. I started a thread with my problem and someone recommended the "flash dance". This basically means flashing a stock .exe (not a dump) HTC rom, hard reset, then flash back to custom rom and hard reset. I tried this, felt optimistic, but no luck. Same problem.

Then someone recommened that I relock then unlock the phone. I flashed the stock HTC .exe v.1.03 to my phone, relocked it via SD card, and then the trouble started.

After relocking I went into bootloader and it said "Invalid rom image" or something like that. No biggee, just reflashed the stock .exe image and that took care of it. I let the stock rom go through customization and perform it's auto soft reset. The phone got stuck on the black Touch Pro screen. WTF!

So now I tried to unlock the phone via SD card. Nothing. It would go to a "loading..." screen and stay there. So then I put the phone in boot loader and tried to rund the Hard-SPL .37 from windows. It would see the phone and attempt to install but ultimately it would just stay at 0% until the computer gave a connection error.

At this point I tried to flash a custom rom. Same problem, it would just stay at 0% whether I was in windows using the supplied RUU.exe or flashing via SD card. So I tried to flash the stock rom that I had (v1.03) again. Same prob. Stuck at touch pro screen.

I tryed to get a more updated .exe stock rom from HTC but it wouldn't take my serial number. Has anyone gotten this to work? What a PIA! Anyways, I found the SprintTouchProMR2.01.651.6 on the forums.

Flashed this rom as normal using windows and the phone in bootloader mode. All went well. The phone even booted up after the auto reset it does after customization.

So, now I had something to work with! I put the phone in bootloader, used the CMONEX v.37 windows based method to run the relocker on my phone. SUCCESS! Now I ran the v.37 windows based method to unlock my phone. SUCCESS!. Now I flashed the most recent version of Energy Rom and......SUCCESS! It seems that something went corrupt during all of my flashing/relocking/unlocking/flashing/back to stock adventures and wouldn't let me past the 0%/Black touch pro screen issue.

SOLUTION:

Disclaimer: This process worked for my phone and may work for yours if you are experiencing similar issues. I only have sprint so I can not speak for anyone else's carrier. Try at your own risk I'm not responsible for any damage just wanted to give back to the community.

1. Flash your sprint touch pro back to stock using this version of the stock HTC .exe rom. Search forums for link. SprintTouchProMR2.01.651.6
ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro/Sprin...2.01.651.6.exe
DO NOT USE A DUMPED STOCK ROM, THEY STILL HAVE UNSIGNED CERTIFICATES AND IT WILL NOT WORK.

2. Let the rom FULLY install, do not interrupt the customization stuff.

3. Relock your phone using either the SD card method or the windows based method. Search the forums on how to do this. Version .37 CMONEX is Sprint, .35 is Verizon.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503 <----Thread

Locked: .37.0000

4. Unlock your phone with either SD card method or windows based method.

Unlocked: .37.CMONEX

5. Flash your favorite rom via SD card or windows!

No more hangups at boot and no more hangups at 0% when flashing!

Maintenance: how to prevent this from happening in the future

HARD RESET AFTER EVERY FLASH! Also, to be extra sure, run clear mem.

Helpful instructions:

How to get to bootloader screen:
You can do this at any time.
Volume Down + Power Button, while holding use stylus to push soft reset button. Hold all three until you see that familiar try color screen. If it says USB at bottom you have a PC connection and can flash.

Hard Reset:
With the phone off (pull battery and reinsert battery)!
Press Center round button (Enter) + Volume Down + Power button. Hold until you see a grey background with blue text warning you that you are about to reset the phone. Press volume up to start reset. When complete press volume up to boot.

Last edited by yzguy128; 12-12-2009 at 02:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-12-2009, 02:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre
Re: Stuck at 0% or Black Touch Pro screen fix (long read simple solution)

if you rar extract the Signed_RUU.nbh file out of the exe and rename it to RAPHIMG and flash thru sd card and let it customize, when it auto soft resets it will relock itself to new 0.40.0000 and you shouldn't have to relock to .37 after flash. it can be unlocked to comex .37 after locked to .40
Old 12-12-2009, 03:04 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

yzguy128 is just getting started

^^^^^
Thanks for the tip. Should speed things up a bit!
Old 12-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: metro pcs

iloathehtc is a n00b

Will this work for verizon htc touch pro?
Old 12-30-2009, 05:07 PM
Lurker

christnroc is a n00b

So I was on ROM verstion 1. something originally, downloaded the stock ROM suggested in the original post and even that's stuck at 0% when trying to flash. Tried several times and then did a hard reset and tried...still isn't working.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old 12-30-2009, 08:25 PM
Lurker

iloathehtc is a n00b

Had the same issue, found a stock rom that works but now I can't flash to anything else. If you send me a pm I we'll figure out how to get the stock rom to you. I'm really ready to go office space on my touch pro, now see why htc dumped it within a year for pro 2.
Old 12-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Lurker

christnroc is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloathehtc View Post
Had the same issue, found a stock rom that works but now I can't flash to anything else. If you send me a pm I we'll figure out how to get the stock rom to you. I'm really ready to go office space on my touch pro, now see why htc dumped it within a year for pro 2.
Well, it works on ROM versoion 1.03.651.4. I was having a number of quirks but a hard reset seems to have fixed most of them for now. Thank God for Sprite that I didn't have to re-do a bunch of data entry and lose all my info. I'd really love to be able to flash to a newer version as I know this is one of the earliest but I've tried several different ROMs now and none progress past 0%.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:29 AM
Lurker

iloathehtc is a n00b
Angry Re: Stuck at 0% or Black Touch Pro screen fix (long read simple solution)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christnroc View Post
Well, it works on ROM versoion 1.03.651.4. I was having a number of quirks but a hard reset seems to have fixed most of them for now. Thank God for Sprite that I didn't have to re-do a bunch of data entry and lose all my info. I'd really love to be able to flash to a newer version as I know this is one of the earliest but I've tried several different ROMs now and none progress past 0%.

'm at the exact same point now. Boot loader says "security unlocked" but it still seems clamped down to me. I can't change the spl to cmonex .37, can't install a different rom...nothing, just stuck with this ancient verizon stock win mobile 6.1 garbage. If I can't find an answer I'm just craigslisting this thing.
Old 01-02-2010, 07:12 AM
Lurker

iloathehtc is a n00b

I have had absolutely no luck with any suggestions. When I load to boot loader it says at the top "security unlocked"

raph500
spl-0.40.0000
microp-raph (led) v8182
microp-raph (key) v0682
psoc-raph stage_evt v20

I have tried loading roms via sd card with the RAPHIMG.nbh method. When I enter bootloader it goes directly to the tricolor screen with this info. Trying to run ruu always results in an error 262. I'm stuck with this old verizon stock rom. am I missing something?

Last edited by iloathehtc; 01-02-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: sprint

rube740 is a n00b

What a great thread this is. It helped me out alot! thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
0%, stuck on 0%, stuck on touch pro screen, touch pro screen