PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2009, 06:40 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint TV 100% Working!

Never back, only forward. I've done at least 50 different ROM's & versions of them as well as many kitchens. Thanks, but I'm well aware of how to make that POS sprint tv cab work... but am not going back. I'm trying to determine:
1. If someone has it working & is slow to share (on the new sys)
2. If not, look into the TP2 fix & determine exactly how & why it works, and try to do the same on the TP.. I'm guessing there are more than a few of us out there that want it. If it's only a matter of the new WVGA cab and not all the other stuff as some seem to be reporting... then I'm still SOL. But, if it has something to do with the text files, then it's a possibility.
3. I've "live(d) without SprintTV" for a he77 of a long time now. And I quote, "no big deal, but..".
Re. upgrade.. I have insurance... I'm sure trusty old TP will break sometime, but I won't "use" the system & won't cause the breakage.

Last edited by teradog; 12-10-2009 at 06:43 PM. Reason: update #2
Old 12-10-2009, 06:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Gelladuga69 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Gelladuga69

I use this on EnergyROM, and it works fine.

Verizon 1.03.09V Radio
EnergyROM 28011 - 12/24/09 - Sense 2.1
Android 2.0.1 (Eclair)

Last edited by Gelladuga69; 12-10-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelladuga69 View Post
Thanks for the CAB. However, according to your signature, you're using an EnergyROM that's running a 21xxx build. The concern is getting SprintTV running on the 23xxx or 28xxx builds of WinMo, which from what I understand has not been successful.

Still worth a shot, though, I suppose.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:43 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelladuga69 View Post
Thanks, have had that one since 2008.
Lemmmme guess Energy 21884 or older (21xxx) right?
Your start button is on top left & x button on top right correct?

Again, the fix most of us are looking for (given up on) is the 23xxx or 28xxx line. *(edit fat fingered)

Perhaps I should simplify: Anyone have Sprint TV cab running on any ROM with the "windows button" on the bottom left & the X button on bottom right?

If so, please share! Thanks in advance!!

** sorry Abrigham, must have been posting at same time **

Last edited by teradog; 12-10-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
Never back, only forward. I've done at least 50 different ROM's & versions of them as well as many kitchens. Thanks, but I'm well aware of how to make that POS sprint tv cab work... but am not going back. I'm trying to determine:
1. If someone has it working & is slow to share (on the new sys)
2. If not, look into the TP2 fix & determine exactly how & why it works, and try to do the same on the TP.. I'm guessing there are more than a few of us out there that want it. If it's only a matter of the new WVGA cab and not all the other stuff as some seem to be reporting... then I'm still SOL. But, if it has something to do with the text files, then it's a possibility.
3. I've "live(d) without SprintTV" for a he77 of a long time now. And I quote, "no big deal, but..".
Re. upgrade.. I have insurance... I'm sure trusty old TP will break sometime, but I won't "use" the system & won't cause the breakage.
sorry didn't mean to upset you.... I really do hope you get it working.
Old 12-10-2009, 07:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

abrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabrigham is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abrigham Send a message via Yahoo to abrigham Send a message via Skype™ to abrigham

Ok, so I just tried the cab posted previously by Gelladuga69, just on a whim, and as I suspected, it doesn't work. The program loads fine but I get a connection error when I try to play a video. Now, this is my first time trying to get SprintTV working on a custom ROM (rarely have a need for it, but thought I'd give it a shot...). Is this the typical problem?

I'm running a custom built ROM from Calkulin's 4.2 kitchen w/ build 23506. Also cooked in Manila 2.5
Old 12-10-2009, 08:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It seems that SprintTV is broken on 23xxx TP ROMs or to put it another way, ROMs with the Start Menu on the bottom.
Old 12-10-2009, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Gelladuga69 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to Gelladuga69

Before I switched back to Energy, I was using NFSFan, and his build is on 28008.
The TV cab that I posted still worked.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i2nd2none is just getting started

not necessarily broken..currently running rootrom 1209 version 23506 and sprint tv is working on his rom that is cooked in. Might want to ask root on how or what he did to make sprint tv to work. I ran it on my tp as well as a coworker running same rom. hope that helps..i to am a fan of sprint tv and also wondered if there is a fix? gl
Old 12-10-2009, 09:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Treo 800w

ShortBusCandid8 is a n00b

I'm using Sprint TV with DCD's latest, 2.30, which I believe is a 23081 build according to "Device Information". I installed the SprintTV cab (same one posted above), then "Calkulin's Sprint TV Fix", and restarted, and it's been working for a couple weeks fine.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro