PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bobinplano is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Verizon data always turning on Automatically?

What sucks is on my Sprint HTC touch pro 2 (cdma), I was having a problem where I couldn't answer calls all the time, but sometimes I could, and eventually found that it was always when the data connection was showing active is when I couldn't answer a call. But when that was happening, my data connection would turn back off after a few seconds when I was done using it. It was driving me crazy not being able to answer my calls and I finally found a post that let me correct that problem, it was changing the HKLM\Comm\ConnMgr\Planner\Settings\SuspendResume value that fixed this problem... the value of this registry setting was originally "GPRS_bye_if_device_off". This setting made it so the data connection would turn off when not being used, but it apparently messes up cdma phones from being able to switch over to answer an incoming phone call if the data connection is active. I changed this registry entry to "#777" as the post said to do, and sure enough, that corrected the problem with being able to answer my calls if the data connection is active. I'm real happy to have that working now, but when I changed this setting, my data connection is now always showing active (white arrows showing in status) and even if I turn it off manually, it comes on by it's self way more often than the every 4 hours I have it set to check emails.

There is a registry setting called CacheTime under the same Settings key as the above mentioned registry entry that I changed, that when the "GPRS_bye_if_device_off" value is used, the CacheTime key value will indeed control how long the data connection stays on before automatically turning off. But When I change the Entry to "#777" which is necessary to allow me to answer calls when data is active, then changing the CacheTime value has no effect and the data connection stays on until you manually turn it off.

I'd like to find a way to turn the data connection off, while still not messing up me being able to answer calls when the data connection is active, and seems to me that if both of these things can be done separately with two different registry settings, that it must be possible to do both.... so if any of you tech wizards can find a way to do this, I'd love to see it!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2