PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2009, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rezound
Carrier: Verizon

mgdking is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Task Manager symbol upper right home screen?

I am sure there have been plenty of posts regarding this but I cant seem to find anything? Is there a way to change the icon & color for the task manager icon on the home screen? The 3 lined icon with the little arrow pointing down. I installed one of towens taskbars a while ago that turned out great but now there is this white dull symbol!!! I am running 6.1 stock rom on VZW. If someone could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it!! Thanks in advance for any replies!!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuffjdmsleepr knows their stuff
Re: Task Manager symbol upper right home screen?

try looking for the quickmenuicon.bmp on your phone and then change it to whatever...i think that this is the file that it references...

as always if i or anyone have helped you in any way, please take the time to press , a lot of time and research has went into finding the solutions that help you and many others...much appreciated...thank you!!!
Old 11-29-2009, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmsleepr View Post
try looking for the quickmenuicon.bmp on your phone and then change it to whatever...i think that this is the file that it references...
Thanks for the reply! But can someone be more specific? Meaning where are the icons for this that I could use and can I just overwrite the existing file when I do find an icon? And can someone tell me exactly how to change the icon and where the original file is on my phone? Or just atleast point me in the right direction so I can learn how?
Old 11-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdking View Post
Thanks for the reply! But can someone be more specific? Meaning where are the icons for this that I could use and can I just overwrite the existing file when I do find an icon? And can someone tell me exactly how to change the icon and where the original file is on my phone? Or just atleast point me in the right direction so I can learn how?
They are in the \windows folder

I've attached the 3 icons in case you need them.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Quickmenu.rar (634 Bytes, 28 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by krohnjw View Post
They are in the \windows folder

I've attached the 3 icons in case you need them.
Thank you for the reply! Yes I know the file is in the windows folder I just want to know how to change it to a different symbol to match the taskbar I installed from tsowen. I downloaded what you attached. What do the 3 files do when I replace the original ones? Again I want to change the icon on the home screen upper right corner 3 little lines with the little arrow. Would be cool to change the other ones as well when you tap the icon as well.

Edit Ok I see you gave me the original icons is that right?

Last edited by mgdking; 11-29-2009 at 10:33 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgdking View Post
Thank you for the reply! Yes I know the file is in the windows folder I just want to know how to change it to a different symbol to match the taskbar I installed from tsowen. I downloaded what you attached. What do the 3 files do when I replace the original ones? Again I want to change the icon on the home screen upper right corner 3 little lines with the little arrow. Would be cool to change the other ones as well when you tap the icon as well.

Edit Ok I see you gave me the original icons is that right?
Yeah - those are original. Out of curiosity I changed the menuicon but replacing the one in the windows folder didn't yield a different icon displayed even after a soft reset. So, unsure of what else needs to be done if the images are modified.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I figured someone has changed this icon before by now with success. It just looks kinda retarded with these kick butt icons from tsowen in the taskbar and then to have the stock icon for the quickmenu. Surely there is something out there to change this icon???? Anyone?
Old 11-29-2009, 11:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT
Carrier: Sprint

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

it is a modification in a dll...i will look into it and see what i can come up with

Old 11-29-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I found this over at xda the thread is on to something but I dont think its entirely what I am after here plus the thread is pretty old! You would think it wouldnt be that hard to simply change the icon? Does anyone know of any links to icons for the quickmenu task manager icon?
Code:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=398941
Old 11-30-2009, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
it is a modification in a dll...i will look into it and see what i can come up with
Thanks for the reply looking forward to seeing what you are able to come up with.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2