PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2009, 02:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE
Threadstarter

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Best and fastest web browsers for TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicoRich196 View Post
How is the Opera Mini 5 beta on the TP2?

not as good as the 4.2 , opera 4.2 happened once and I do not think that they can build such a browser ,,,,when sprint evdo signal fails , and I go to the slow 1X .......opera mini on 1x is still faster than any browser using full evdo 3g speed ! it is amazing piece of art.

if you feel my post is useful , please be useful and hit thanx
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

hmm i have tested all browsers but opera mini 4.2, just did that last night. It is really nice and fast. No checker borders and it snaps to text for easy reading.

One major grip here though. I could not find a WVGA cab, i got one here that is one from xda and includes a nice shortcut etc. that I had for mini 5 beta. The controls are microscopic, were can I get one that is more finger friendly?
Old 11-30-2009, 12:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
The controls are microscopic, were can I get one that is more finger friendly?
you need a simple regedit.

Go to HKLM>Software>Apps>Esmertic Java>Device info>Java font.

There you will find the settings for Size Large, Size Medium & Size Small.

I have mine set to 30,26,20 but it's esay enough to try any setting you want(you don't even need to restart)

~John

edit: if that key is not there, just add it. Sometimes that key is there on initial install & other times it's not for some reason that I have never figured out.

Last edited by jmorton10; 11-30-2009 at 12:25 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:13 PM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
i agree, once you get used to the speed of 4.2, how could you use regular non turboed opera.lol be like going from a ferrari to a pinto........

LOL, I agree 1000%

I use all the browsers at times, but 4.2 is what I use 99% of the time because speed wise nothing else is even close.

~John
Old 11-30-2009, 12:26 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimits View Post
Opera 10 is faster than any of the others on my Verizon TP2

I take it you've never tried OM 4.2 or you couldn't possibly make that statement.

~John
Old 11-30-2009, 12:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
you need a simple regedit.

Go to HKLM>Software>Apps>Esmertic Java>Device info>Java font.

There you will find the settings for Size Large, Size Medium & Size Small.

I have mine set to 30,26,20 but it's esay enough to try any setting you want(you don't even need to restart)

~John

edit: if that key is not there, just add it. Sometimes that key is there on initial install & other times it's not for some reason that I have never figured out.
I see three keys in there, large medium, and small. I can double click on them to see the values, not sure what I should do from there.

I did see in the settings that I could change the size, it effects the menus as well as the webpages. I would like the menu as large as possible with the on screen staying at "large". Thanks for your help
Old 11-30-2009, 12:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

madmax2k1 is becoming a great contributor

Love the Opera Mini as well; however I noticed that's it's not very responsive to touch input, sometimes you need to click on a hyperlink multiple times before it responds.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

4.2 was great on the diamond and the touchpro but by stepping up to the tp2, I don't feel we should have to settle on mini. opera should have stepped up the browser 9.5. I like mini but like someone stated it's not too responsive and it doesn't load all pics on sites like engadget and some other long ones. opera mini 5 doesn't work well with forums either, which killed that for me. I learned to just tweak opera 9.7 to my liking and it's working great. Opera:config can really be altered to make 9.7 great. I just need to figure out how to get it to render pictures a little faster. I even found an option for multi touch, but couldn't get it to work.

Does anyone know how to make pictures load quicker or scale quicker on 9.7? If so let me know.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

BROOKNAM is becoming a great contributor

i've been trying 4.2 since i saw this thread earlier, is there a way to change the start page? thanks.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

promogoat is a n00b

best and fastest is opera mobile 10. opera mini 4.2 may be a tiny bit faster but its not better. I hate how it pulls up mobile versions of the site by default. I like to use the real internet, thats why I got a $500 phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2