PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 11:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic, HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

Viper786 is keeping up the good workViper786 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can you keep the screen from tilting?

tilt feature is one of the main reasons i got this phone. I usually save my teachers' powerpoint presentations on my phone and go through them while studying. it's nice to have the phone sitting on the desk with the screen tilted up kind of like a laptop. this feature is by no means "retarded". there is no way to permanently lock the screen from tilting up and if you dont like it, I'd recommend a different phone.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

emkorial is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigirb2002 View Post
all i can say is if your looking for another phone but dont like the tilt screen then the tp2 isnt for you
what other phone is there?

Touch Pro's all sem to be bult like crap and break
Diamond has no SD slot
Diamond 2 not available to Sprint.

What other modern Winmo phones are there to pick from?
Old 11-27-2009, 01:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by emkorial View Post

Diamond has no SD slot

Samsung Intrepid, HTC Snap(lol)
Old 11-27-2009, 01:55 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:

Diamond has no SD slot

Well if you go to Verizon you can get the Imagio (basically the TP2 without the keyboard) or wait a week and get the Omnia 2 (3.7" OMLED screen!!! 800mhz processor!!!). But if you want to stay on Sprint... the TP2 is the best you're going to get. Unless... you go to Android/WebOS...

But honestly you need to go check out the TP2 in person. Find someone that has one (there are 4 different U.S. variants!). Or go to an AT&T or T-Mobile store (dunno if Verizon or Sprint have them physically in stores yet). Honestly the phone only tilts when I want it to. I personally rarely use the tilting portion, really only to place it on my desk to watch videos. The TP2 is really the best winmo phone on Sprint right now, you shouldn't rule it out until you personally check it out.

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 11-27-2009, 02:07 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I almost never use the tilt feature myself, it doesn't tilt far enough to be a really useful feature IMHO.

That being said, that certainly isn't a reason NOT to buy the TP2. If you don't want to tilt it, just don't use the feature.....

~John
Old 11-27-2009, 02:59 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i actually just rememberd the other day that this phone does it. lol. i just do it to show off to my friends
Old 11-27-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

bluedeer is keeping up the good workbluedeer is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Diamond has no SD slot

Seriously, the tilt is really not a problem at all. Unlike the AT&T Tilt, it has a hard ratcheting click when you tilt the screen up. If you use one hand to slide the screen open or closed, you <b>will not</b> in any way shape or form 'accidentally' tilt the screen up. And even if you did, it will easily go back flat before you can slide it closed again. Seriously, man, complaining about the tilt on this thing is like complaining about the fact that you have to hold the phone up to your ear to hear people talk unless it's in speakerphone mode.
Old 11-28-2009, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Honestly the phone only tilts when I want it to. I personally rarely use the tilting portion, really only to place it on my desk to watch videos. The TP2 is really the best winmo phone on Sprint right now, you shouldn't rule it out until you personally check it out.
I am planning to, just been busy that last few days. I'm not ruling it out until I hand it in my hands and test in myself, but just in case it doesn't work out, I wanted to know what other options there are. Sounds like for Sprint, not much except wwaiting, which is an OK option. The HD2 looks nice, if that's somehting coming soon I would wait for that.

And thanks so much for the help so far!
Old 11-29-2009, 10:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Got my hands on a T Mobile Touch 2. The screen did't take that much pressure to tilt, however, compared to my mogul or the old Tilt, the body is wider, so when held one handed, my index finger doesn't rest on the back of the screen, it rests on the back of the phone itself, so there's no pressure on the screen to tilt it. which is good news.

I noticed that Touchflo was pretty laggy in landscape mode, does the t mobile version have lower specs or something?
Old 11-30-2009, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul to tp2
Carrier: sprint sero 500

swoope is becoming a great contributor

i just came from the mogul. i rarely tilt the screen, as it is what i am used to. the hardest thing for me is the slide opens the oppisite direction..

as to the touch flo in landscape. i just messed with it.. no lag..

do you know how much memory was being used on the phone you played with..

beers

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2