PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 05:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6800 /ppc 6700 /TP2/Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

kgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: WM 6.5 IS out for CDMA.. proof in here.

will the keyboard and mms fixes need to be applied as well when flashing? at least for non usc users?

Old 11-23-2009, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb247 View Post
you dumped it? where did you obtain it?
I dumped the dump that was posted a few post up. After the dump is extracted, it is in old rom format. If I still had an old style kitchen at my disposal, I believe it could be properly built from that. Anyway, all the sys files need to be properly placed, all the packages (the easy part) need to be moved to ext folder...and all that.

Edit: I guess I could have used better terminology...I extracted rom from the dump.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6800 /ppc 6700 /TP2/Droid X

kgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good workkgb247 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz07 View Post
I dumped the dump that was posted a few post up. After the dump is extracted, it is in old rom format. If I still had an old style kitchen at my disposal, I believe it could be properly built from that. Anyway, all the sys files need to be properly placed, all the packages (the easy part) need to be moved to ext folder...and all that.
thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Gorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regularGorby is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
ok can a USC user tell me what the About screen says for CE os versions and build?

im getting some anomalies here in the xip.
There is a screenshot in the first post in this thread showing the About and Device Info screens.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:35 PM
VIP Member

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

CE OS 5.2.21864 (Build 21864.5.0.81)

Taken from pics in the OP. Is that what you wanted
Old 11-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on repEGOvoruhk is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
you just must be one of the people who fails to look at the new plans. Sprint navigation is free with the everything plans and is definitely something i use all the time, sprint tv has more then one free channel and i have watched everything from football to just listening to local radio stations at work, can't speak on java because i don't use it lol and don't know to many people that do, sprint music store is perfect if you just want to download a song fast while on the go and is very organized, and that text message bug you speak of isn't a bug learn how to open the message and actually select it so it knows you read it. I hate when people down talk something they don't fully understand. I love the "bloatware" you speak of. i pay $66 a month and get all this stuff. Other carrier wish they could match that. Quit making sprint look bad when actually they had the best full featured release of any other TP2 read the reviews and they will tell you
I don't know why you put quotes around bloatware. Are you not aware what it is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_bloat

"is also used to describe software that comes pre-installed on a computer when it's bought, mostly consisting of time-limited trials or feature-lacking basic or "beginner" versions."

Hey, sounds like Sprint Navigation and Sprint TV to me. :facepalm:

And yes, it is a bug. Just because you can work around it, doesn't make it any less of a bug
Old 11-23-2009, 05:43 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

I'm mostly interested in the drivers from the build and the radio. Looks like most of the packages from this ROM have been available for some time already.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:44 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by electronicrice View Post
I'm mostly interested in the drivers from the build and the radio. Looks like most of the packages from this ROM have been available for some time already.
If you are refering to the OEMDrivers, I can upload them for you
Old 11-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Android Groupie
Pocket PC: Nexus One & EVO
Carrier: T-Mobile & Sprint

electronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIPelectronicrice is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to electronicrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz07 View Post
If you are refering to the OEMDrivers, I can upload them for you
That's okay. I'm going to just dump the ROM when it's finished from Juggalo and MM, and look though to see if I'm missing any of the updated packages as well.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:50 PM
VIP Member

No problem then.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2