PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   One Key to GSM/CDMA Switch 1.0.0.2 Update (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97858)

secondhandsmoker 11-22-2009 12:11 PM

Re: One Key to GSM/CDMA Switch 1.0.0.2 Update

Works with verizon/tmobile networks. I also have to change modem choice even when set to auto. Thanks.

Arlen 11-22-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superevilllama (Post 1351724)
One thing.. it appears we still have to manually choose which network for the phone to join once it goes into GSM mode. Is it possibe in the program to have an option to specify the network which it joins once changing modes? I have tried adding ATT as the default one and it still won't autojoin the network.

The network you will join should depends your sim card, why did you still manual select? I can not understand it, could you clarify?

Arlen 11-22-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by secondhandsmoker (Post 1351742)
Works with verizon/tmobile networks. I also have to change modem choice even when set to auto. Thanks.

I did not include the "Global" mode into this tools, it is just for C/G switching.
Maybe I will add the network setting in the next verison.

secondhandsmoker 11-22-2009 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arlen (Post 1351785)
I did not include the "Global" mode into this tools, it is just for C/G switching.
Maybe I will add the network setting in the next verison.

Hi. I wasn't using global either, just confirming data works after changing modem selection. It seems like the modem choice should follow the C/G switching, but autopick for me still requires choosing a modem in the data settings. Thanks.

pyro254750 11-22-2009 01:57 PM

just for clarification, the purpose of this program is to be able to keep an activated sim card from say, att in the phone and switch between which account/network the phone is actually running off of easily, right? or is it to actually force the phone to run off a gsm/3g network even thought its activated on a cdma network? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

escribzz 11-22-2009 02:17 PM

Seems to work great between Vzw and at&t. Much easier to switch beteen networks now.

budney 11-22-2009 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyro254750 (Post 1351923)
just for clarification, the purpose of this program is to be able to keep an activated sim card from say, att in the phone and switch between which account/network the phone is actually running off of easily, right? or is it to actually force the phone to run off a gsm/3g network even thought its activated on a cdma network? Thanks in advance for the clarification.

This app makes it easier to switches between the CDMA or GSM side of the TP2. It does not make the phone run both CDMA & GSM simultaneously. No app, hack, or ROM, etc... will ever make that happen on the TP2.

pyro254750 11-22-2009 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by budney (Post 1352041)
This app makes it easier to switches between the CDMA or GSM side of the TP2. It does not make the phone run both CDMA & GSM simultaneously. No app, hack, or ROM, etc... will ever make that happen on the TP2.

ok, so in other words, you would have to have a gsm sim card that is tied to an active account installed in the phone to utilize this app.

newone757 11-22-2009 06:44 PM

yes, otherwise what are switching to and from??

electronicrice 11-22-2009 07:18 PM

It's working now. However, when I switch from CDMA to GSM, it makes the switch but doesn't auto register me to AT&T, even though I have an active SIM card installed. I have to still go and change network mode to Manual and choose AT&T there.