PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sammy Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Sprint

Anon9mouz is keeping up the good workAnon9mouz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Anon9mouz Send a message via Yahoo to Anon9mouz
Re: www.mobilespeedtest.com post your speed

im sorry not to mini thread jack but im not a noob any more im a regular yay! im so happy omg lets throw a party lol
Kernel: Stock and loven it
I envy the dumb ones.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:09 AM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II
Carrier: Telus

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon9mouz View Post
im sorry not to mini thread jack but im not a noob any more im a regular yay! im so happy omg lets throw a party lol
I remember doing the exact same thing

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:11 AM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Mines in my sig and I always clean my cache before testing. I used the 1mb test. Got a screen shot of a faster one. inaccurate...but sometimes I get a normal looking test result.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE
Threadstarter

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
I may be wrong, but I think it's been proven that such a site provides inaccurate / inconsistent results.

IT IS CONSISTENT ....yes this website a year ago was giving hugher results than usual....but not anymore ...they updated it a month ago , and It is very consistent , It is giving me +/-100 KBPS ....that is really precise .
and the other advantage is that it if you were using a proxy browser like opera mini , then it tells you ooops this opera mini and it is measuring your connection to the proxy not to the web . then it compares you to other opera mini users.
also It compares you to other Service providers . and where are you at regarding your speed among other users using the same network , so you know if you have further tweaks needed to your TP2 !

the results that I got are so consistent and accurate as well , and internet sharing gave close results as well .other websites are close ...but definitely this web speed engine is the most accurate in the web for now .
Old 11-20-2009, 03:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tour hybrid/ EvoRooteD

brol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbrol1k is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to brol1k

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Mines in my sig and I always clean my cache before testing. I used the 1mb test. Got a screen shot of a faster one. inaccurate...but sometimes I get a normal looking test result.
now that looks insane and that no way is sprint 3G or rev a...rev a is 3.1 mbps and ur measures around 8mbps lol
Sprint 4g speed:
Old 11-20-2009, 05:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

IM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularIM0001 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to IM0001 Send a message via AIM to IM0001 Send a message via MSN to IM0001 Send a message via Skype™ to IM0001

Pretty accurate for my area. It does seam that 3G speeds vary by location. Cant complain though. Heck the Upload is faster than my landline DSL upload.

Phone History with Sprint: Samsung N400 (Lockup King) - Toshiba VM4050 (Great Screen. No BT) - PPC6700 (Squishy Touchscreen) - Mogul (USB Port No More) - Touch Pro (Davy Jones Locker) - Touch Pro 2 (Oldie But Goodie) - HTC Arrive (I<3WP) : History of Pocket PC's: Dell Axim X50V WM6.5.3 (Still the best VGA PDA gaming and multimedia device since 2004)
Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Yeah that's definitely inaccurate...your sig is saying your connection is as good as a cable provider. There is no way you are getting that speed with EV-DO Rev.A
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-20-2009, 08:20 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

I tend to get anywhere from 1-2MBps using either Mobile Speed Test or DSL Reports. Sometimes I get higher, sometimes lower, but it's usually in that range.
Old 11-20-2009, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

bbaker901 is a n00b

I guess it's my area then. I'm averaging between 500kps and 700kps. I'm in the Hampton Roads area of VA and I may occationally get 1mps on a good day. But I keep seeing what people are posting in their sigs like w7excursion and IM0001 it's messing my head up. lol! I'd LOVE to have those speeds. Doubled my tcpwindow and everything. Still the same....
Old 11-20-2009, 10:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

wow....my location is down town san diego and i only get 600kbps.....and that is my highest of 4 tests

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2