PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2009, 02:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6950
Carrier: reliance india

ravjeet is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: R-UIM(cdma) Qpst Findings(Touch Pro 2)

my gsm is unlocked and gsm service works fine.
what i am trying is if i use ruim in gsm slot i should be able to use cdma network and if i use gsm sim i should be able to use gsm network.
it might not be hardware that is stopping the phone to read ruim and use it on cdma services it will be blocked from software only. as in bb8830 you can insert some series of ruim available in india and they work perfect but if i insert a ruim in bb 9530 it does not work.
do you know of any chinese website where they say tp2 used with ruim might be it is a patched radio which has ruim enable.
i know and have tried htc 6700,6800,6850(have to install sim tray) , bb8830(ruim in gsm slot) can be used with ruim

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=371689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

im not jump to it wont work because of a radio! there are htc devices that have working ruim radios! im sure there is someone that can pull what we need and port it to the tp2 radio!! its not hardware thats stopping us its software/firmware! the touch pro on au(china cdma) uses ruim to connect to there network!

also are u just trying to make it work on a cdma device or are u trying make the ruim sim work on a gsm device! i ask because i am looking a both!!

Last edited by ravjeet; 12-22-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-13-2009, 03:17 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravjeet View Post
my gsm is unlocked and gsm service works fine.
what i am trying is if i use ruim in gsm slot i should be able to use cdma network and if i use gsm sim i should be able to use gsm network.
it might not be hardware that is stopping the phone to read ruim and use it on cdma services it will be blocked from software only. as in bb8830 you can insert some series of ruim available in india and they work perfect .
do you know of any chinese website where they say tp2 used with ruim might be it is a patched radio which has ruim enable.
i know and have tried htc 6700,6800,6850(have to install sim tray) , bb8830(ruim in gsm slot) can be used with ruim
this is the device i am talking about!! i dont have one but i am planning on getting one unless i can get someone to dump all radios and dump the rom!! but so far i havent found anyone with the device!!

Old 01-28-2010, 08:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Indosat

noviar is a n00b

Hi.. I want to know, how to use QPST with HTC Touch Pro 2? how do I put the HTC TP2 into diagnostic mode? what should I press? and what else code for programming HTC TP2?

Thanks guys.
Old 01-28-2010, 11:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There is no way you are going to get a GSM device to work on CDMA, RUIM card or not.

You CAN make a GSM device work on GSM using a RUIM card though.

You're seeing GSM options in the Touch Pro 2 because it actually has a built in GSM radio and uses a SIM card. This is rare on an HTC device and probably the reason you haven't seen those options in the past.

RUIM cards are compatible with SIM slots, so I have no doubt you can make it work. They were designed to be able to be used in both GSM and CDMA devices. supposedly like a next generation SIM that is backwards compatible with previous generation SIM cards.

Find a CDMA provider that uses RIM cards and has roaming agreements with AT&T or T-Mobile in the USA. Put that RUIM card into your unlocked Verizon Touch Pro 2. I bet it will work through the RIM card on GSM. But I doubt Verizon CDMA will work via the RUIM card. The Verizon CDMA will only work via the ESN.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 01-28-2010 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:29 PM
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by noviar View Post
Hi.. I want to know, how to use QPST with HTC Touch Pro 2? how do I put the HTC TP2 into diagnostic mode? what should I press? and what else code for programming HTC TP2?

Thanks guys.
##3424# puts ur phone in diagnostic mode i found all this while changing the dun settings for teathing!!
Old 02-13-2010, 10:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: RELIANCE

petar is a n00b

What is the status of RUIM on tp2 ?

Any progress
Old 02-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by petar View Post
What is the status of RUIM on tp2 ?

Any progress
non i have been forusing no m y blackout rom !! also i havent got my hands on a ruim sim yet to test if i can write a meid or esn to it yet!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
qpst, r-uim