PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Water Damage, How long should I wait before asking for a replacement? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=97468)

AZTECHKA 11-19-2009 07:17 PM

Re: Water Damage, How long should I wait before asking for a replacement?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1344942)
thanks for the info. it's funny though that you pay them each month for a few years and when an accident happens to your phone, they'll send you a used....im sorry, "refurbished" phone. kinda irritating especially if the total months you've been paying without a claim has been more than the price of the phone. aside from that, you pay a $50-$100 deductible depending on what type of damage/claim you're putting in.

gotta love free enterprise!!

Not a bad tradeoff... I'm pretty rough on my phone... I don't use a screen protector and pretty much load and unload any and all programs... So... If and when I happen to loose my phone I don't mind getting a refurb free of scratches (brand new looking) for 100 bucks.
I guess it just depends.
p.

mikejones13 11-19-2009 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1344893)
refurb

Thats not entirely true. I placed a claim with asurion (long story, but sprint put a credit to cover the cost) yesterday around 2 pm MST and it was delivered today 11 am MST. I was worried about getting a refurb, but guess what, I got a NIB TP2. Maybe because it was from sprint but I have no clue. All though on the phone I asked if it would be new or refurb and the lady said since Sprint isn't selling them in store and its so new, they probably DON'T have refurbs yet. Then when I got the tracking info, I looked at the weight and at first it said under 1 lbs then this morning it said 2 lbs. So I guess its the luck of the draw maybe :scratch:

subzero1313 11-19-2009 07:36 PM

Sprint IS selling them in stores. We officially launched it on the 16th. But I doubt theres many that have been returned(though Ive returned a few myself) So yeah, more then likely its luck of the draw. Easiest thing to do is ## 786 and see what the refurb status is

KrisK91 11-19-2009 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldehoyos (Post 1344936)
I think it's just tactics. And let me tell you... They worked on me. lol.

But seriously... I want to know how much you pay for your broken phone when they finally DO get around to billing you. LOL.
p.

tactics, lol whats that mean?

KrisK91 11-19-2009 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mojary (Post 1344942)
thanks for the info. it's funny though that you pay them each month for a few years and when an accident happens to your phone, they'll send you a used....im sorry, "refurbished" phone. kinda irritating especially if the total months you've been paying without a claim has been more than the price of the phone. aside from that, you pay a $50-$100 deductible depending on what type of damage/claim you're putting in.

gotta love free enterprise!!

actually in my case, a day before I filled a claim I called sprint and got insurance on my phone, so it was good for me. :headbang:

KrisK91 11-19-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldehoyos (Post 1344975)
Not a bad tradeoff... I'm pretty rough on my phone... I don't use a screen protector and pretty much load and unload any and all programs... So... If and when I happen to loose my phone I don't mind getting a refurb free of scratches (brand new looking) for 100 bucks.
I guess it just depends.
p.

ya but they should still send out new phones. cause i heard alot of people have problems with refurbs.

KrisK91 11-19-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1345039)
Sprint IS selling them in stores. We officially launched it on the 16th. But I doubt theres many that have been returned(though Ive returned a few myself) So yeah, more then likely its luck of the draw. Easiest thing to do is ## 786 and see what the refurb status is

whats the diffrence between ##786# and ##778#? dont they do the same thing?