PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 03:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

fuzzybabybunny is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Better App Menu and Internet Tab?

These are questions about the stock HTC TouchFlo:

Is there a better programs screen? The one with the program icons laid out in a grid - arranging the icons is a complete pain in the ***. Any other way to display more icons as well? Instead of 3 x 4 do like 4 x 5?

And how do I get rid of the YouTube push page icon in the Internet tab? And how do I get the Launch Browser button to launch Opera Mobile Beta instead of the built-in stock Opera, which I can't seem to uninstall or replace with Opera Beta?
Old 11-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Better App Menu and Internet Tab?

I don't have a solution but a possible workaround.
You can delete the internet tab from the settings tab...
Then you can run whatever browser you put in your shortcuts as your default. I have Opera 10 beta and Skyfire on my shortcuts. I know there's a way to increase the nuber if shortcuts out there. I'll look around. Unless someone else beats me to it.
p.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

fuzzybabybunny is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldehoyos View Post
I don't have a solution but a possible workaround.
You can delete the internet tab from the settings tab...
Then you can run whatever browser you put in your shortcuts as your default. I have Opera 10 beta and Skyfire on my shortcuts. I know there's a way to increase the nuber if shortcuts out there. I'll look around. Unless someone else beats me to it.
p.
Thanks. Yeah, I have no idea why designers do the things they do. Lock out the user from being able to delete or even move the YouTube icon on the internet tab? YouTube? I mean, WTF?
Old 11-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybabybunny View Post
Thanks. Yeah, I have no idea why designers do the things they do. Lock out the user from being able to delete or even move the YouTube icon on the internet tab? YouTube? I mean, WTF?
I think it was just a way to include a feature that the browser couldn't handle. If you watch youtube on Skyfire it sucks too. This is a good app but no need to include it on the tab. Maybe HTC got a kick back or some sort of insentive from youtube.
But I agree man... this is supposed to be a business phone. Fun stuff should be an option.
p.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzybabybunny View Post
These are questions about the stock HTC TouchFlo:

Is there a better programs screen? The one with the program icons laid out in a grid - arranging the icons is a complete pain in the ***. Any other way to display more icons as well? Instead of 3 x 4 do like 4 x 5?

And how do I get rid of the YouTube push page icon in the Internet tab? And how do I get the Launch Browser button to launch Opera Mobile Beta instead of the built-in stock Opera, which I can't seem to uninstall or replace with Opera Beta?
Yes, there is a way to turn the program grid into 4 columns instead of 3, and I have heard how to increase the amount of rows, but I've yet to try it myself.

Here's the cab to change the program tab to 4 columns.
Attached Files
File Type: cab 4ColumnsStart&AllPrograms_v1.1.cab (96.0 KB, 14 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-18-2009, 05:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Raphael / Vogue / Rhodium W
Carrier: Vzw

dehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardehx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

You can always try out touchone, for a better app menu
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94718
Old 11-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dehx View Post
You can always try out touchone, for a better app menu
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=94718
I have it and I like it... Just can't seem to get used to it. Seems like HTC has reprogramed me.
Feels like Androkkid but not as flexible yet.
p.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2