PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 02:47 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ [WARNING] - Tethering Users ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢ ☢

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr7kid View Post
Except in this case the customer didn't select tethering on accident, he knew exactly what he was trying to do and got busted for it. It was nice of them to lower the charges but there comes a time when a man should take responsibility for his actions. And I'm sure any legal reps from Telus wouldn't have trouble finding this thread or it's users.
oh yah, as far as they know they were on stock rom and just plugged it into there pc to charge.

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 11-21-2009, 03:23 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr7kid View Post
And I'm sure any legal reps from Telus wouldn't have trouble finding this thread or it's users.
They might find this thread. But it's users? Noooo.

They'd need some pretty compelling evidence to convince a judge to subpoena all of our names/addresses. And the only thing they would be able to use as evidence is that people have figured out a way to get a service for free and are talking about it online. Nothing else. No IP addresses, account numbers, nothing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-21-2009, 03:53 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ⌥ saumaun ☢ View Post
They might find this thread. But it's users? Noooo.

They'd need some pretty compelling evidence to convince a judge to subpoena all of our names/addresses. And the only thing they would be able to use as evidence is that people have figured out a way to get a service for free and are talking about it online. Nothing else. No IP addresses, account numbers, nothing.
exactly, and the evidence that they put a ticking "billing" time bomb in there stock rom would be compelling. because its the truth they did. oh and of coruse they would have to prove that i wasn't on the stock rom at the time which unless im a moron. they wouldn't never be able to.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

eksasol is becoming a great contributor

Hi, I asked this question on another thread, but it got buried.

If I am using the app Mobile Wi-Fi Router and have my phone acted as a router and have my computer connected to it, would it be detected as tethering as well?
Old 11-24-2009, 01:43 AM
Retired Moderator
Threadstarter

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by eksasol View Post
Hi, I asked this question on another thread, but it got buried.

If I am using the app Mobile Wi-Fi Router and have my phone acted as a router and have my computer connected to it, would it be detected as tethering as well?
If you use the fix in the first post, you will not have any issues.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, Touch Pro, Airave
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Edwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularEdwood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Will the ICS Hotfix posted in the First Post work with Sprint TP2 stock ROM to stop the "Error 67" from happening so much with USB tethering?

Or is it just for Telus users?

-Ed
Old 11-24-2009, 01:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

jdubdj is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to jdubdj Send a message via Yahoo to jdubdj
US Cellular tether TP2

Is it possible to tether undetected on US Cellular with the TP2?
Old 11-24-2009, 09:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: uscc

scrapir is keeping up the good workscrapir is keeping up the good work
Re: US Cellular tether TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdubdj View Post
Is it possible to tether undetected on US Cellular with the TP2?
I'm sure it will be a bit longer before anyone would get a bill for it seeing it just came out.
Old 11-25-2009, 12:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nutter218 is a n00b

I hope not. I think that the Error 67 is what keeping Sprint customers from getting charged.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:17 AM
Retired Moderator
Threadstarter

From what I understand, the 67 error was because of Telus' need to completely change the way the phone communicates with tethering. Sprint's network doesn't understand Telus' pathetic new parameters and doesn't know how to connect. I don't think Sprint even has a plan to actually run the charges if you're caught using the protocol Telus used to trap the people abusing tethering.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2