PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95945)

BacardiGuy 11-13-2009 09:15 PM

Re: MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades

I keep seeing people write that the Widcomm stack is better than the MS stack. Why?

And as stated, if the basic functions don't work in Widcomm (hanging a phone up, A2DP sound quality, phone disconnecting on its own, etc., limited devices in which it works correctly), does it matter if there is an extra bluetooth profile or two that is in Widcomm that is not in MS?

hankbear 11-14-2009 12:18 PM

Just thought I'd add, for the record, that I am on Sprint and have these issues with the Widcomm stack. Not being able to hang up is a major annoyance. Even when I press the end button on the phone while using BT on a call, it seems to take a few moments before it hangs up.

This is with a Motorola H15 on the stock ROM, MM, and a custom one I made with Calkulin's kitchen. Sadly, I don't use BT much at all anymore because of this. Too aggravating.

meatgel 11-14-2009 12:28 PM

You know, I don't necessarily need the MS stack, but I would love for someone to help find a fix or some things to try to get the Widcomm stack to at least hang up a call reliably. Now that it seems circumstantial evidence points to a "conflict" with data being active when trying to disconnect, somebody who understands Bluetooth and registry should be able to find a fix. I hope some genius is at least looking.

madmax2k1 11-14-2009 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatgel (Post 1328597)
You know, I don't necessarily need the MS stack, but I would love for someone to help find a fix or some things to try to get the Widcomm stack to at least hang up a call reliably. Now that it seems circumstantial evidence points to a "conflict" with data being active when trying to disconnect, somebody who understands Bluetooth and registry should be able to find a fix. I hope some genius is at least looking.

I totally agree, a registry fix for this problem will be great; I don't think the widcomm stack needs to be replaced.

The motorola Q9c which uses the widcomm had similar hang-up issue through bluetooth, and a registry hack fixed the problem.

Boo Boo 11-14-2009 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by madmax2k1 (Post 1328661)
I totally agree, a registry fix for this problem will be great; I don't think the widcomm stack needs to be replaced.

The motorola Q9c which uses the widcomm had similar hang-up issue through bluetooth, and a registry hack fixed the problem.

what and where is that hack?

dbldwn02 11-14-2009 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willnj (Post 1325655)
Just noticed you have the same bluetooth headset as me (jabra BT8010) but we have different results. Maybe we should start comparing phones?

I'm sorry, I just realized I posted wrong. My BT8010 makes calls and hangs up, just no incoming caller info. Sorry. So I went out and bought a Plantronics and now it doesn't hang up. I don't understand how a $20 Ebay headset will hang up but a $130 headset just beeps when I push the button.

I had to switch off the 8010 because whenever I put it on my ear and turn it on it automatically goes to music mode and if I don't switch it to voice it starts playing music. It's awesome for music. Lousy for making phone calls.

ftc_osiris 11-14-2009 06:44 PM

Man, just to keep this at the top, I am having this problem with

Plantronics Voyager Pro
Discovery 925
Motorola h700
classic plantronics voyager 510

and plantronics discovery 915

I hate this problem more than anything on any phone EVER.

PLEASE for the love of god help us!!!!!!

Thanks,
Osiris

CovKid66 11-14-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftc_osiris (Post 1329301)
I hate this problem more than anything on any phone EVER.

PLEASE for the love of god help us!!!!!!

Thanks,
Osiris

+1.

Using a Motorola H710 and had nothing but problems with hang-up and MSVC with the stock Telus, and the custom ROM I'm using. To make matters worse, we have a new hands-free law here in Ontario now and I'm having to pick up my phone to hang up calls because the headset hang-up button is totally hit and miss.

dodgeboy 12-02-2009 11:37 AM

FYI - Some of the new roms are using a new BT driver/stack that fixes most of these issues. I'm running MightyROM 11/25, and I can hang up the phone now. I'm sweeping through the list of BT Issue threads that I subscribed to and posting this for those that haven't heard about it.

Dave

CMeys 12-02-2009 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgeboy (Post 1379676)
FYI - Some of the new roms are using a new BT driver/stack that fixes most of these issues. I'm running MightyROM 11/25, and I can hang up the phone now. I'm sweeping through the list of BT Issue threads that I subscribed to and posting this for those that haven't heard about it.

Dave

Does voice announcement over BT work with that Rom?