PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95945)

mlcastro 11-11-2009 11:00 AM

MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades

Hi All,

I've done extensive searching throughout the forums and have noticed that there is complete avoidance of questions related to the MS Bluetooth stack or statements saying that their widcomm stack works just fine.

That being said, there are tons of people out there with major BT issues. Even HTC is aware of the problem.

I guess what I'm wondering is, is it just that the chefs, etc. have no idea how to get the MS BT Stack into a ROM? If that's the case then maybe someone can post that so we can stop all the questions.

Is it that the stack can only be extracted when an official stock ROM with the MS bluetooth stack is released?

If someone does know how to get the MS BT Stack, I have seen several chefs asking for it so they can cook their own ROMS with it.

Thanks for your responses!

jakdillard 11-11-2009 11:11 AM

Re: MS Bluetooth Stack in ROM upgrades

What it may be is that most of the chefs here don't really use the bluetooth services that the enduser may use so it is not that big of a deal to them ..... but removing the broadcom stack would require a slight bit of work (not) really adding the MSFT stack would be as easy as adding two folders to the SYS directory but whats the gain and whats the loss from doing this .....

Mr. X 11-11-2009 11:16 AM

I personally find the MS stack to be worse then then Broadcom stack. so i wouldn't be doing this.

mlcastro 11-11-2009 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1319030)
What it may be is that most of the chefs here don't really use the bluetooth services that the enduser may use so it is not that big of a deal to them ..... but removing the broadcom stack would require a slight bit of work (not) really adding the MSFT stack would be as easy as adding two folders to the SYS directory but whats the gain and whats the loss from doing this .....

Thanks for your response, lets see the gain from this would be bluetooth functionality for many people who can't really use handsfree and other devices.

I'm really not sure what the losses would be.

I think that if one of the veteran chefs could provide some assistance with what you described there would be someone else who would develop a ROM with this stack :)

mlcastro 11-11-2009 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319043)
I personally find the MS stack to be worse then then Broadcom stack. so i wouldn't be doing this.

Right, as I said in my OP, this is a standard response which doesn't really address the questions that many have.

helix139 11-11-2009 11:56 AM

I'd at least like the option of the MS stack. It would be nice to actually be able to hang up with my headset and not have to dig around my center console and take my phone out of my case while trying to shift gears and not hit other cars.

Mr. X 11-11-2009 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helix139 (Post 1319145)
I'd at least like the option of the MS stack. It would be nice to actually be able to hang up with my headset and not have to dig around my center console and take my phone out of my case while trying to shift gears and not hit other cars.

see thats what i dont get? my7 S9 hangs up no problem.

Mr. X 11-11-2009 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlcastro (Post 1319060)
Right, as I said in my OP, this is a standard response which doesn't really address the questions that many have.

if you asking if we have any idea how to get it in there? it would be simple, the hardest part would be removing the boradcom stack i have the MS stack already. i just wont do it.

mlcastro 11-11-2009 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319186)
see thats what i dont get? my7 S9 hangs up no problem.

Yeah...there are tons of people though who have issues especially related to not being able to end a call on car based hands-free devices. Although I've read several accounts of people who's headsets are having issues as well.

mlcastro 11-11-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319209)
if you asking if we have any idea how to get it in there? it would be simple, the hardest part would be removing the boradcom stack i have the MS stack already. i just wont do it.

I see, is the hard part identifying the files?

dodgeboy 11-11-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319209)

Someone on the forum already removed the Widcomm stack... It was noted in one of the other threads about this (not in the upgrades forum). I will try to find it and link to it.

Dave

mlcastro 11-11-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dodgeboy (Post 1319249)
Someone on the forum already removed the Widcomm stack... It was noted in one of the other threads about this (not in the upgrades forum). I will try to find it and link to it.

Dave

Wow that'd be great +1

Mr. X 11-11-2009 12:44 PM

removing the stack is the hard part as its just tossed into the pile of Drivers. its not cleanly packed like the MS one. other then that its nothign special removing it and not much of an epic achievement lol

jakdillard 11-11-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlcastro (Post 1319236)
I see, is the hard part identifying the files?

no its just that for the most part you will lose functionality the broadcom stack does so much more than the ms stack

dodgeboy 11-11-2009 12:56 PM

Here's the link:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=85568&page=4

Read through the posts on that page...

Dave

Mr. X 11-11-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jakdillard (Post 1319316)
no its just that for the most part you will lose functionality the broadcom stack does so much more than the ms stack

exactly

dodgeboy 11-11-2009 12:58 PM

Quote:

Those that can realize the benefits of the widcomm stack will lose functionality if it is replaced with the MS stack. But there are lots of us that effectively have NO functionality with the widcomm stack. It doesn't work properly with any of my devices. So we would be gaining functionality by getting the MS stack.

I understand that the widcomm stack has more capability, and more options... but that's all meaningless if it doesn't work for us. I'm glad it is working for some, but there is definitely a growing desire to have the old MS stack in a ROM so that we can regain our BT functionality.

Dave

grv 11-11-2009 01:14 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty much less than nobody on these forums, but my two cents, for what it's worth is that when the basics don't work (which they don't for some of us), the bells and whistles in the stack become relatively worthless. While the majority seems to be happy with the default stack on the TP2, there is a not insignificant number of people with basic functionality issues. Can't hang up the phone... REALLLY slow performance when paired... crappy HTC Media Player usurping remote controls...

I for one hope that someone with the skills will have the inclination to do this, especially as it sounds like it would not be a hard thing to do. I'd gladly donate to that effort.

Thanks all...

Boo Boo 11-11-2009 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo_X (Post 1319043)

so your the 1 in a thousand that doesn't have an issue. their htc bluetooth stack is a joke. so instead of helping the people who donate, and ask for a fix , you pretty much just slap a **** in their face and say screw you who supported me

Mr. X 11-11-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boo Boo (Post 1319373)
so your the 1 in a thousand that doesn't have an issue. their htc bluetooth stack is a joke. so instead of helping the people who donate, and ask for a fix , you pretty much just slap a **** in their face and say screw you who supported me

i dont get what you're trying to say? no one has complained about my bluetooth in my ROM yet.

as for people who donate? to me? thats optional depending if you like my work, its not paying for support its a DONATION. and no one has donated for my tp2 rom yet.

Also, watch how you word things. this is a PG site and needs to be kept safe for work.

isdnmatt 11-11-2009 01:29 PM

I would certainly be interested in the stock MS stack as well. My Pioneer headunit in my car won't hang up, so now I have to have the END key within reach whenever I make a phone call. Every ROM I've tried, Juggalo's included, has the same problem.

Gadjetguy 11-11-2009 05:39 PM

Maybe we can keep the same stack and just figure a way to resolve the issues? My Plantronics 925 does not hang up.

dodgeboy 11-11-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gadjetguy (Post 1320090)
Maybe we can keep the same stack and just figure a way to resolve the issues? My Plantronics 925 does not hang up.

If this is possible, I'm all for it. Are there any other versions of the widcomm BT stack that we can use?

fearroyo 11-11-2009 07:59 PM

I would love to see the MS stack since it worked with the handsfree on my helmet. Not being able to pass the MSVC and hang up the call make this stack useless for me since I am on a motorcycle.

dbldwn02 11-11-2009 08:41 PM

So far I've tried a $130 Plantronics Discover 975 and a $20 Ebay'd Jabra 8010 and niether hang up. I've heard jawbone doesn't hang up either....

I tried the hang-up cab and it didn't do crap.

WisdomWolfX 11-11-2009 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isdnmatt (Post 1319413)
I would certainly be interested in the stock MS stack as well. My Pioneer headunit in my car won't hang up, so now I have to have the END key within reach whenever I make a phone call. Every ROM I've tried, Juggalo's included, has the same problem.

Same situation here. It is definitely an issue. In fact, iirc there were reports that the BT stack HTC was using was broken before the TP2 was even released.

drzeller 11-11-2009 09:13 PM

I can't hang up in a Honda Odyssey. If it is like that in all Honda's, then it is a pretty good possibility that this affects a decent number of people.

D.

delfin2003 11-11-2009 09:18 PM

Guys, so I'm confused. Where's the code for bluetooth stack, in the rom? or in the radio rom?

BacardiGuy 11-11-2009 09:45 PM

I have the "no hang up" problem as well. Volume controls also do not work on three of my bluetooth audio devices. My Parrot 6100 hangs up on its own for the first 10 minutes of initial pairing after just 3 or 4 seconds into a call. No voice announcement of emails, calendar, and callerid. Stereo audio is spotty in quality.

Not sure what the "extra features" of Widcomm are, but the basics are missing and frankly that makes it inferior to the MSFT stack.

BacardiGuy 11-11-2009 09:50 PM

and Juggalo X, I am sorry to hear that no one has yet contributed to your ROM.

I am happy with the stock ROM on the TP2 except for the Bluetooth issues. If someone fixed that, I would flash and gladly contribute as well. Until then, its a neat trick that you all have cracked it, but doesn't make it dramatically better.

Bluetooth fix would be an accomplishment (at least to me); the rest is just eye candy.

willnj 11-11-2009 10:21 PM

I have a Jabra BT8010 bluetooth headset which hangs up everytime when the button is pressed on the BT8010. My volume control is fine as well as voice command. I have not tested the voice annoucements yet. Music works without any issues. Now I'm still on the stock rom but just wanted to post my findings.

CMeys 11-11-2009 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willnj (Post 1320923)
I have a Jabra BT8010 bluetooth headset which hangs up everytime when the button is pressed on the BT8010. My volume control is fine as well as voice command. I have not tested the voice annoucements yet. Music works without any issues. Now I'm still on the stock rom but just wanted to post my findings.

My BlueAntZ9i is also fine exactly as you describe -- even much louder than with my Touch. But, and for me it is a big but, no voice announcement over BT (works over device speaker though).

BacardiGuy 11-11-2009 10:50 PM

thanks willnj, should have been more specific.

Device that works for everything:

Motorola S9 Stereo Headset

Devices that do not work as noted earlier:

Altec Lansing T515 Stereo speakers
Parrot 6100 Car A2DP and Handsfree bridge
Sony CMT BX5BT Micro Home Audio System

amjman 11-12-2009 01:41 PM

not working for me on my tp2...on juicy rom, stock rom, or mighty rom:
plantronics Voyager Pro
plantronics 510
jawbone (original)
jawbone 2

all of the above DO NOT hang up when the button to do so is pressed. it used to work on my tp1 with stock, and any other rom. how could they have missed this before they shipped?! Sheesh. so we wait until HTC update, and then steal updated files from new ROm and (cross our fingers) hope that it works RIGHT?

I am going to call them and complain, and set up an auto-emailer every day to send them a question as to when I might expect a fix. that way they know i am waiting....everyday!

a

mlcastro 11-12-2009 02:08 PM

Just to add to the list. The following devices DO NOT end call or work when the phone is locked (this might be a "feature" but I'm not sure):

Ford Sync
Motorola S9-HD

dallastx 11-12-2009 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mlcastro (Post 1322653)
Just to add to the list. The following devices DO NOT end call or work when the phone is locked (this might be a "feature" but I'm not sure):

Ford Sync
Motorola S9-HD

Ford sync works when my phone is locked with s2u2. "2010 navigation model" I can answer from car or phone. Never had a issue with ford sync besides text messaging not working through the system.

helix139 11-12-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

We get that it works fine for most of the chefs. That is all well and good. We're not asking YOU not to use the Widcomm stack. Those of us that are having major problems, though, would just like the OPTION of using the MS stack. Let us be the judge on the benefits/drawbacks tradeoff instead of making the decision for us. It's why chefs offer kitchens in addition to their standard ROMs, right?

I've said before I would GLADLY donate to whoever can get an MS stack working on this phone. It's my biggest beef right now. For all the benefits the Widcomm stack offers, if I can't initiate and end a call easily with my headset without having to disconnect my data session every time, those benefits are useless.

And to Juggalo, if you're having problems removing the Widcomm stack, RaidZero has already accomplished that but could not get the MS stack working. Perhaps you two could collaborate and save a lot of time and effort?

Gulanowski 11-12-2009 03:02 PM

I'd be interested in the new stack so I could use ICS with bluetooth which hasn't been an option at all on the TP2. Otherwise my bluetooth has been working fine.

gutrrob 11-12-2009 03:07 PM

JD and juggalo_X are right, The broadcom stack is so much better than the MS stack, I don't have any problems with it.

Instead of whining and crying post after post...Try whining and crying to HTC/Carrier about the problem, I'm sure if enough of you complain (Like you do on this site) they will address the problem and patch it.

Another option is try cooking your own roms with the MS stack.

But please stop making posts about the BT stack already!!!

Mr. X 11-12-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helix139 (Post 1322829)
We get that it works fine for most of the chefs. That is all well and good. We're not asking YOU not to use the Widcomm stack. Those of us that are having major problems, though, would just like the OPTION of using the MS stack. Let us be the judge on the benefits/drawbacks tradeoff instead of making the decision for us. It's why chefs offer kitchens in addition to their standard ROMs, right?

I've said before I would GLADLY donate to whoever can get an MS stack working on this phone. It's my biggest beef right now. For all the benefits the Widcomm stack offers, if I can't initiate and end a call easily with my headset without having to disconnect my data session every time, those benefits are useless.

And to Juggalo, if you're having problems removing the Widcomm stack, RaidZero has already accomplished that but could not get the MS stack working. Perhaps you two could collaborate and save a lot of time and effort?

its not a fact that id have a hard time, its just im pretty lazy when it comes to removing features. for me the boradcom stack offers more features then what the MS one does.

Maybe ill look into it some day tho. i could care less about being payed for it thought.