PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 12:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
touch pro 2 and microsoft tell me

hello all...i was wondering if someone would be able to help me with a problem im having with microsoft tell me....this is my problem...i currently have the latest version of microsoft voice command installed but whenever i open the tell me application it stays open for about 5 seconds and then it closes and i get a message that says "microsoft tell me has encountered an error and needs to close"...i dont know what to do to fix this problem but i would really like to get this working on my phone...any help would be GREATLY appreciated...i have a verizon touch pro 2 with stock rom....please help!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 03:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

gutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuffgutrrob knows their stuff
Re: touch pro 2 and microsoft tell me

Tell me needs NF3.5 installed to work, Do you have the cab installed.
Old 11-07-2009, 05:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutrrob View Post
Tell me needs NF3.5 installed to work, Do you have the cab installed.

yes i do...that and sdkcerts are usually always the first thing i install to these winmo phones bc it seems like everything non-stock needs one or the other...any other suggestions...or better yet, a dumb question but do you even need to open the tell me app to use it because it seems to me that if it is using voice command you can go to the app you want to add text to,press the voice command button, and talk away and itll put the text there...is that how this works>?????? please help!!!!!!!!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:28 PM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

mwrood, I never had any luck getting TellMe to work on VZW stock rom. Only after unlocking and flashing a newer Rom, did TellMe work for me. I don't know what it is about the VZW rom, but I have yet to see anyone report that TellMe worked for them on VZW stock. I'm sure this was not what you wanted to hear, but unless someone reports differently, you may need to install a custom rom to get it working or wait for Official VZW 6.5 update.

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 11-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

TellMe worked fine for me on Verizon's stock ROM, except for the touch screen portion. It was still usable though. There's also another thread, it might have the info you need:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92493
Old 11-07-2009, 09:31 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vz6900

Shadoh is a n00b

Same here, stock rom and it works except for the main window touch screen stuff. The bottom bar stuff works fine.
Old 11-08-2009, 12:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
mwrood, I never had any luck getting TellMe to work on VZW stock rom. Only after unlocking and flashing a newer Rom, did TellMe work for me. I don't know what it is about the VZW rom, but I have yet to see anyone report that TellMe worked for them on VZW stock. I'm sure this was not what you wanted to hear, but unless someone reports differently, you may need to install a custom rom to get it working or wait for Official VZW 6.5 update.

thanks man, ur right, its not what i wnted to hear, but none the less, i appreciate the help...im always hesitant to flash to new roms and i know this is going to sound sooooo noobish (which i wouldnt consider myself a noob, only in the flashing dept) but the thread about unlocking and flashing seems kind of confusing to me so ive never done it...
Old 06-09-2010, 04:35 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: T-Mobile

meadams314 is a n00b

I'm running the latest version of Energy Rom phoenix on my TP2, and having the same problem.. except it only stays open for about 2 seconds before crashing and there's no error message. Really don't want to flash again just for tellme...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2