PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2009, 04:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

buttplumber is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to buttplumber
Sprint Touch Pro 2 in hand...want to flash to metro... need help!

if anyone knows what i should do first... let me know!

Old 09-20-2009, 05:37 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Touch Pro 2 in hand...want to flash to metro... need help!

well the name "buttplumber" is probably the first thing you have to "FLASH" lol J/K. Na, I really don't know. One of the first things you are going to have to do is get the esn on metro. I don't know how "hard" that will be but good luck
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttplumber View Post
if anyone knows what i should do first... let me know!

it's pretty much the same for all htc phones. there's some great guides written up in the touch pro section of this forum.
i haven't seen anyone that has done it on the tp2 yet, but i don't see why it can't be done. unless the houdini software doesn't support it

Last edited by razorloves; 09-20-2009 at 05:48 AM.
Old 09-20-2009, 05:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ya I was thinking the same thing, I know a bunch of people with TP1's were able to do it and since the software is the same I would imagine you can do it with the TP2 hope this helps a lil......http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...72&postcount=8
Old 09-20-2009, 05:54 AM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
Ya I was thinking the same thing, I know a bunch of people with TP1's were able to do it and since the software is the same I would imagine you can do it with the TP2 hope this helps a lil......http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...72&postcount=8
great info in that post mike jones. i just checked the Supported Devices List on the Houdini website and the Touch Pro 2 is not on there yet, but might be worth a try to go to a local metro shop and see
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:39 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Until HardSPL is released I don't think you're going to get this on Metro PCS. Once that's available it's fairly easy to do it.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:48 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Until HardSPL is released I don't think you're going to get this on Metro PCS. Once that's available it's fairly easy to do it.
what do you mean 8? it makes no difference if there's a hard spl or not.
Old 09-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

All the phone's I've hacked to work on Verizon, or any flashing for that matter, required the phone to be unlocked via HardSPL first. Once unlocked I could then flash the radio necessary to do the required programming. Just going in to EPST and changing a few thing wasn't enough. Is Metro PCS different?
Old 09-20-2009, 09:13 AM
VIP Member

getting a sprint (or others) htc phone to work on metropcs does not require changing the radio or rom, so unlocking is not required. you just have to reprovision (houdini software) and setup wap (data) and mms
Old 09-20-2009, 10:43 AM
Almost a VIP

I should have researched MetroPCS and Houdini a little further before I answered this question. I just assumed flashing the TP2 to work on Metro would be the same process as getting a Verizon TP2 to work on Sprint or vice versa. Am I correct that Houdini is also unlocking the SPL to do what it needs to do?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2