PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: What software and tweaks break the TP2?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfrp View Post
anybody tried using groovefish?
i got an error when I opened it.
I use it every day. Works great!
Old 10-29-2009, 09:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by clueless25 View Post
IM+ v7.0.1 -

In the mean time, Palringo v2 works great.

Not on my verizon tp2 Palringo didn't. Everytime I booted up the phone it would try and reinstall itsself. Now that I uninstalled it I am getting an error in reference to the program on bootup.

I personally dont recomend Palringo v2 at all.

Another program I had problems with was the spb shell 3.5. lost auto download of mail. None downloaded for 2 days nor would it. Screwed with the async. Also left me with no way to check if mail settings were still set properly or any ability to change them. They offer the weather program along with it, however only half the program worked. Upon uninstall but leaving the weather program loaded weather program now works as it should. Also upon unstall I have lost my start menu when turing off flo. Whoops! Task manager would also say an error however it was functional. It also added cities all over the globe which could not be removed and again with the mail issue, no send/receive button since it refused to do anything. 3dviewer set as default didn't fundtion properly. Bummer on the program. some things were neet for quick access. Another quirk they have is, ok we have a contacts button on bottom bar, but in their grouped icons for professional layout you were unable to remove that one. and NO quick access to make a phone call. You have to add the widget to the screen. Dam. and last but not least. It ATE Battery power like you wouldn't beleive.

If what you have found to be true between verizon & sprint, Seems spb needs to go back to the drawing board.

If you have been able to reproduce issues, please post and I will update the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
This is my list of what currently does not work on the TP2, causes stability issues, etc. For all you guys wondering why certain things don't work, READ THIS!!!

I had both the Verizon and Sprint TP2's for about a week while switching carriers. Tweaks that work for one don't always work for the other. Proof of this is that Verizon and Sprint each take a different tweak to disable SMS Sent notifications.
Sounds to me like you need to do a hard reset of the phone. I personally, along with several other people I know on TP2 are using v2 with no problems. That being said, there are issues for different people for both versions. At that point, this is a problem with the app, NOT something that breaks the phone or causes default functions of the phone to not work. Please see their support forums to reference their software bugs.
Old 10-29-2009, 09:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafyrod View Post
also the user could break the device if your not familiar with tweaking....

sorry to get a lil off topic but true tho...
And to add to what you are saying, it could be a bad ROM flash from the factory. Many of us who have been flashing in the last 3 months have gone to a procedure of flashing back to the stock ROM and then reflashing the ROM we want to use. Not just flashing the next ROM.

It seems to fix a lot of problems. I know I personally hard reset the phone to test the other issues I was having and could not get Sprint or Verizon to send me the shipped ROM installers. I eventually found them on this site.

That being said, other software, corruption, bad flash, they could all be reasons for something breaking the phone. Which is why the guy with the MS3.5/Palringo problem really doesn't count yet. Although I do know of a LOT of problems from SPB system tools now that the new builds of WM6.1 and their hardware are out. They are trying to revamp their entire line and taking way too long to do it. The result is them falling way behind the curve. I know when I was using MS3.0 I had problems with certain functions of the phone on my TP1.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Thanks for making my point. Their problem. Not something that broke the phone. And yes, when I turn GPS on, mine works. Still have no clue what your are talking about it not working.
I said it over and over, I was NOT talking about getting a GPS lock- I was talking about using the cell towers to locate you (which can be done indoors, and is much faster than a GPS lock- open Google Maps and see how fast it finds you).

Look man, you started this thread with a subject of "What doesn't work on the TP2" and the first line of the first post is "This is my list of what currently does not work on the TP2, causes stability issues, etc. For all you guys wondering why certain things don't work, READ THIS!!!"

You then went on to explain how you had a Sprint version and a Verizon version, and certain things work on one of them and not the other.

Well, I hate to break it to you, but I own the Sprint version, and also an unlocked European version that I have been using on AT&T. And I am here trying to tell you that Bing works just fine on the GSM version, does NOT work on the Sprint version. There is a work around to use it anyway (using the GPS) but the way it was intended to function does NOT work on the Sprint version.

I even went into great detail asking you to check certain settings and options to verify that we were talking about the same thing. You chose to ignore that request, and instead put me on blast like I was some kind of idiot who just didn't know how to use the app/device/whatever.

And you can say it doesn't belong here all you want, but it is no different than you talking about the stuff in the first post, and everyone else talking about the various apps that don't work all throughout this thread.

It is an app that does not work correctly on the Sprint version of the Touch Pro 2. You came in claiming that yours works and acted like I didn't know what I was talking about. I tried to be nice about it, but as it turns out now there is proof that you didn't know what you were talking about and you were wrong to put me on blast like that.

For the record, this was posted by a Microsoft rep, on a Microsoft owned forum:
http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/e...-d45b618a6cd2/
"In case this might also help: The Bing team has been tracking and isolating this issue. They reported to me today that Bing does not work with CDMA at this time but they are continuing to investigate what they can do including collaboration with carriers. Note that some CDMA carriers lock GPS/Locate Me for 911 use only, hence some of this limitation issue."

I see you have now changed the title of this thread (after the fact) so I'll let you continue on. But I just had to set the record straight here that you were originally asking for things that didn't work on this device and did work on other versions, I gave a great example, and you then got up on a high horse and put me on blast for some reason- acting like it was my stupidity that was causing the problem. Next time maybe you can be a little more objective and actually know what you're talking about when you decide to put someone on blast like that.

Last edited by BlackDynamite; 10-29-2009 at 10:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
I said it over and...blah blah blah
Old 10-29-2009, 11:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

BlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on repBlackDynamite is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
So what does that mean? You didn't pay attention to my post? If you don't pay attention on forums like this, then you won't learn too much (which can lead to you jumping all over people for not knowing something when it turns out they were right all along and you were the one who didn't know what you were talking about).
Old 10-29-2009, 11:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo

racemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuffracemepls knows their stuff

Flashing a touch pro hard spl will break it!
Old 10-29-2009, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
So what does that mean? You didn't pay attention to my post? If you don't pay attention on forums like this, then you won't learn too much (which can lead to you jumping all over people for not knowing something when it turns out they were right all along and you were the one who didn't know what you were talking about).
It means I'm tired of talking about this with you, and you just won't drop it. I titled the thread wrong, and I changed the title to reflect that. I explained that to you. If Bing had somehow broke whatever it is you are talking about from working in other apps after install that had been working before, then your info would be warranted. However, that is not the case. Let's move on shall we.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: spcs

astraz7 is a n00b

Quote:
anybody tried using groovefish?
i got an error when I opened it.

i have been using it without any issues. i do sometimes experience a drain on the battery and heating up issues but i do not think it's related to groovefish.

It could be AIM for mobile as i haven't experienced this issue until after installing and leaving AIM running in the background. Does anyone know of a better IM application?
Old 08-20-2010, 09:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon, HTC Trophy, Windows 7.5
Carrier: Verizon

Clem2 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
did you install the last version of microsoft .net compact framework?
thats the error i got, saying that the version i have is not the newer one.

anybody have the cab or link to download it? i think is version 3.5?
thanks...

.NET Compact Framework 3.5 Redistributable is here, instructions as well

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2