PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 12:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Carrier: AT&T

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Dual Calendars on TP2

I'm trying to have dual calendars in my TP2.

I currently snyc up my work calendar (Through Active Sync) but I also wanted to sync up my personal google calendar (or hotmail calendar) with my TP2 also.

Is there a way that I can have both? Or do I just need to move to a new OS.......

Edit: If this has already been posted please feel free to close this thread, but please include a link to the previous thread.

Thanks

Please hit "Thanks" if I helped you.
Old 10-29-2009, 12:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: iPhone

zim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good workzim2323 is keeping up the good work
Re: Dual Calendars on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldheat06 View Post
I'm trying to have dual calendars in my TP2.

I currently snyc up my work calendar (Through Active Sync) but I also wanted to sync up my personal google calendar (or hotmail calendar) with my TP2 also.

Is there a way that I can have both? Or do I just need to move to a new OS.......

Edit: If this has already been posted please feel free to close this thread, but please include a link to the previous thread.

Thanks
Short answer, no. You get one calendar.

Long answer, yes, kinda, maybe, if you use the right software and settings to manipulate the calendar data and account configuration to get be able to use categories to filter "calendars"

Since you are already using ActiveSync for your work email/calendar, the only options are services that offer a client to manage the calendar download. Those would be SEVEN, GooSync, and OggSync. You may be able to use OggSync to force a calendar category so you can filter the views.

Otherwise, your only option is to setup AS to do email only and pull your personaly calendar down through an AS connection using Google Sync or NuevaSync. You'll then use Chronobis to pull your calendar using OWA from work and force a category for filtering. Just setup a seperate calendar in Google to handle that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate
Threadstarter

coldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcoldheat06 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Dual Calendars on TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2323 View Post
Short answer, no. You get one calendar.

Long answer, yes, kinda, maybe, if you use the right software and settings to manipulate the calendar data and account configuration to get be able to use categories to filter "calendars"

Since you are already using ActiveSync for your work email/calendar, the only options are services that offer a client to manage the calendar download. Those would be SEVEN, GooSync, and OggSync. You may be able to use OggSync to force a calendar category so you can filter the views.

Otherwise, your only option is to setup AS to do email only and pull your personaly calendar down through an AS connection using Google Sync or NuevaSync. You'll then use Chronobis to pull your calendar using OWA from work and force a category for filtering. Just setup a seperate calendar in Google to handle that.

Thanks for your help!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
calendar, sync