PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Bluetooth slows down TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93197)

jsgross 10-28-2009 09:28 PM

Bluetooth slows down TP2

I haven't seen this issue discussed. I have an Alpine BlueTooth unit in my car. Whenever I am connected to it, my TP2 is very unrepsonsive. Most of the time it is in the dialer. It takes forever to release a call and when it finally does, dialing a number is almost impossible. As soon as I turn off BT, it works just fine.

Any thoughts?

shellguy 10-28-2009 09:43 PM

Re: Bluetooth slows down TP2

Have you tested this issue with other BT equipment? Or tested your Head unit with another phone?

ravic 10-28-2009 09:52 PM

I have similar issues with my car's BT system. I am hoping that this gets better once we are able to upgrade to custom ROMS.

Yes, the phone does become almost unusable once connected via BT.

WisdomWolfX 10-28-2009 09:59 PM

Same issue here with Pioneer BT headunit. The long delay on hangup is annoying as it leaves a lengthy silence after the other party hangs up before my music can resume.

krohnjw 10-28-2009 10:04 PM

I don't have the issues described with a Clarion head unit - wonder where the difference lies.

jsgross 10-29-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellguy (Post 1273579)
Have you tested this issue with other BT equipment? Or tested your Head unit with another phone?

No I haven't. I only have a car unit. However, my TP did not have that problem. However, I was running Win 6.5 with a custom rom (MerdinH).

Maybe, I'll borrow someone's BT headset and see what happens.

BeefJerky 10-29-2009 09:04 AM

My TP2 drastically slows down while my Kenwood unit is downloading the call history and contacts. Once those are done the phone is back to being responsive. Unfortunatly, it takes about 2mins to finish downloading those.

Adrianh85 10-29-2009 09:12 AM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

i have a pioneer bluetooth unit and the tp2 slows down a lot only when i am using the radio in a call!! if i use it to play music my tp2 is fine!! what rom verison is everyone using? the bluetooth stack could have been updated with each new rom build!!

noahas 10-29-2009 11:27 AM

Same exact problems with a Parrot MK6100 BT unit. A bad lag when syncing contacts and then the same bad lag when hanging up a call. Other than that, no problem.

632627 10-29-2009 11:52 AM

i have a pioneer car unit and to me my tp2 is almost unusable with bluetooth. i previously had a palm 800w that worked perfectly with my pioneer unit, but the bluetooth on the tp2 is trash(its been well documented on this site that the drivers used by htc for the phone are garbage, so its a software issue on the phone which is fixable).

i dont have too much trouble placing a call, except that i have to disconnect the call using my phone, rather than the pioneer controls, which is really annoying. Recieving calls is where things get interesting, as calls never come in correctly, the phone will ring, ill hit the answer key, music keeps playing and the call ends up god knows where