PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Bluetooth slows down TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93197)

jsgross 10-28-2009 09:28 PM

Bluetooth slows down TP2

I haven't seen this issue discussed. I have an Alpine BlueTooth unit in my car. Whenever I am connected to it, my TP2 is very unrepsonsive. Most of the time it is in the dialer. It takes forever to release a call and when it finally does, dialing a number is almost impossible. As soon as I turn off BT, it works just fine.

Any thoughts?

shellguy 10-28-2009 09:43 PM

Re: Bluetooth slows down TP2

Have you tested this issue with other BT equipment? Or tested your Head unit with another phone?

ravic 10-28-2009 09:52 PM

I have similar issues with my car's BT system. I am hoping that this gets better once we are able to upgrade to custom ROMS.

Yes, the phone does become almost unusable once connected via BT.

WisdomWolfX 10-28-2009 09:59 PM

Same issue here with Pioneer BT headunit. The long delay on hangup is annoying as it leaves a lengthy silence after the other party hangs up before my music can resume.

krohnjw 10-28-2009 10:04 PM

I don't have the issues described with a Clarion head unit - wonder where the difference lies.

jsgross 10-29-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellguy (Post 1273579)
Have you tested this issue with other BT equipment? Or tested your Head unit with another phone?

No I haven't. I only have a car unit. However, my TP did not have that problem. However, I was running Win 6.5 with a custom rom (MerdinH).

Maybe, I'll borrow someone's BT headset and see what happens.

BeefJerky 10-29-2009 09:04 AM

My TP2 drastically slows down while my Kenwood unit is downloading the call history and contacts. Once those are done the phone is back to being responsive. Unfortunatly, it takes about 2mins to finish downloading those.

Adrianh85 10-29-2009 09:12 AM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

i have a pioneer bluetooth unit and the tp2 slows down a lot only when i am using the radio in a call!! if i use it to play music my tp2 is fine!! what rom verison is everyone using? the bluetooth stack could have been updated with each new rom build!!

noahas 10-29-2009 11:27 AM

Same exact problems with a Parrot MK6100 BT unit. A bad lag when syncing contacts and then the same bad lag when hanging up a call. Other than that, no problem.

632627 10-29-2009 11:52 AM

i have a pioneer car unit and to me my tp2 is almost unusable with bluetooth. i previously had a palm 800w that worked perfectly with my pioneer unit, but the bluetooth on the tp2 is trash(its been well documented on this site that the drivers used by htc for the phone are garbage, so its a software issue on the phone which is fixable).

i dont have too much trouble placing a call, except that i have to disconnect the call using my phone, rather than the pioneer controls, which is really annoying. Recieving calls is where things get interesting, as calls never come in correctly, the phone will ring, ill hit the answer key, music keeps playing and the call ends up god knows where

Palmjob 10-29-2009 11:59 AM

Use my Plantronics unit while working out (stereo - sounds great) but it does slow it down also. Very noticeable.

John

BeefJerky 11-02-2009 10:13 AM

To anyone who has/had this problem and flashed to a 6.5 ROM, does it work any better?

chunkee 11-02-2009 10:22 AM

my g35 inifiniti, 2007 seems to have issues as well. Esp, the hang up function. so slow..same with answer. My Centro was fine.

p-slim 11-02-2009 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chunkee (Post 1289691)
my g35 inifiniti, 2007 seems to have issues as well. Esp, the hang up function. so slow..same with answer. My Centro was fine.

infiniti's have been having this problem. my phone will not work in my fx45 or my friends mx45, it seems we are out of luck.

jeff_roey 12-11-2009 06:15 PM

I'm having the same problem with my onstar bluetooth. Anyone ever stumble upon a fix for this?

davahad 12-12-2009 05:28 AM

This problem is well documented. Do a search for Widcomm and you will find all of the appropriate threads. Also heard this was fixed with cooked USC 6.5 Core which most here are now using.

dvdtroup 12-12-2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jsgross (Post 1273550)
I haven't seen this issue discussed. I have an Alpine BlueTooth unit in my car. Whenever I am connected to it, my TP2 is very unrepsonsive. Most of the time it is in the dialer. It takes forever to release a call and when it finally does, dialing a number is almost impossible. As soon as I turn off BT, it works just fine.

Any thoughts?

I also have a Alpine Bluetooth unit. Besides it slowing down my TP2, I am unable to dial numbers from the phone itself while connected to the Bluetooth. I have to dial from the Alpine unit for it to work. This is not the case with my work phone or my wife's phone. Any suggestions how to fix this?

davahad 12-12-2009 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdtroup (Post 1407346)
I also have a Alpine Bluetooth unit. Besides it slowing down my TP2, I am unable to dial numbers from the phone itself while connected to the Bluetooth. I have to dial from the Alpine unit for it to work. This is not the case with my work phone or my wife's phone. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Do a search for Widcomm.

MaryGladys 12-12-2009 07:26 PM

Hmmmm, I use my car with BT and don't have the problem you are describing....I use it for both music and calls. Didn't have the problem when I was on the stock ROM and I recently upgraded to Mighty ROM 6.5 with Sense 2.1.

Odd....I was with most people here wondering if it wasn't the BT equipment, but if it worked with the stock ROM....maybe it is the ROM you are using now?

ponicg 12-12-2009 09:35 PM

It's not the ROM. It's the bluetooth stack(drivers) that are installed by HTC. They chose a Widcomm(I think) stack over the normal Microsoft one. It allowed them to do the fancy Bluetooth software that we use to setup/configure bluetooth, but it also causes incompatibility with a bunch of bluetooth devices (my Pioneer AVIC F90BT is definitely one of them!) as well as making some software that relies on being able to add stuff to the bluetooth driver (There's an app that will allow you to control your pc as if your phone was a mouse(screen) and keyboard(physical keyboard) which doesn't work because we're using the non-MS stack).

This issue definitely exists on stock Sprint ROM and MightyROM 11/26(I think /26, whatever :) )

dvdtroup 12-12-2009 10:39 PM

I hope 6.5 comes out soon and fixes my issue. Looks like the only way to fix it sooner is to flash my rom, which I wanted to stay away from. I can play music fine and it will work if I call from my BT unit which is a pain in the @$$. when I try calling from my phone I only hear static. thanks for the tip on Widcomm, some good reading.

p-slim 12-12-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dvdtroup (Post 1408728)
I hope 6.5 comes out soon and fixes my issue. Looks like the only way to fix it sooner is to flash my rom, which I wanted to stay away from. I can play music fine and it will work if I call from my BT unit which is a pain in the @$$. when I try calling from my phone I only hear static. thanks for the tip on Widcomm, some good reading.

i have to agree with you, the only way to fix it will be to run a custom rom. Most custom roms have the updated bluetooth which fixes most problems like not being able to disconnect the caller from the headset or the lag issue you are talking about. i'm running a rom i created from calkulins kitchen and all the bluetooth issues people were having have been fixed.

jeff_roey 12-16-2009 12:51 AM

Although I'm using an Imagio, I'm posting this here. Hope it helps . . .

Warning: this could be the dumbest thing you've read about the WIDCOMM stack in a long timme . . . but it solved my problem. :laughing6:

I figured out that my pim.vol file was what was causing my BT to slow my phone to a crawl when I established a connection with my Chevy Equinox.If you find yourself addressing a similar issue, I suggest you add your pim.vol to your list of things to troubleshoot.

Long story short, after having perfectly functioning BT since the time I received my Imagio, sometime over the past few weeks it went south - establishing an in-car BT just killed the phone's response. I couldn't make a call let alone open a gps or any other app. I naturally thought it was something I installed so after hours of uninstalling and re-installing, a bucket full of hard resets, etc, I figured out that my pim.vol was the root of all evil - the version I was restoring was somehow interfering the my BT connection.

I know, I know . . . but here's the thing: the way I narrowed it down was by doing an in-car hard reset and restoration (I'm officially coining that phrase :razz:). I sat in the car in the driveway and re-installed my apps in groups of 2 and 3, pairing and breaking the pair to the vehicle in between. After successfully coming through all of my apps this way the device continued to work perfectly. I thought I somehow licked it with only restoring my pim.vol left - normally, that would be one of the first things I'd restore - and sure enough after I did that the lag returned. I reverted to an older, back-up copy of my pim, re-paired and the lag disappeared. Flip-flopped between current and old pim a few times for confirmation, and it didn't take long to convince me it was the source of the problem.

I cant begin to imagine why. The "corrupted" pim functioned perfectly well in every other respect (even with other BT earbuds) - just sapped my phone when connected to my in-car BT. Just for reference, my pim is about 2.8 mb - don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Let me know if you get desperate enough to try a similar approach and if it works for you.

DJ_SirG 09-03-2010 11:32 AM

Has anyone found a fix for this?