PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2, best battery life of WM devices? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92571)

sumo911 10-28-2009 04:14 PM

Re: TP2, best battery life of WM devices?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siflan (Post 1272648)
Not mine. I think I have a memory leak somewhere that drains my battery. I can go from like 100% - 87% in 12 minutes. That's just walkin' from work to the subway.

You may have a defective battery. Id take it into a Sprint store ASAP!

My battery, with push mail enabled, light surfing, several phone calls, numerous texts and my usual basic buffoonery lasts me all day long...only sometimes requiring a charge at the end of the night. Im very pleased with it so far. Cant wait to see what it will be like with wm6.5 on it!

AZTECHKA 10-28-2009 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siflan (Post 1272648)
Not mine. I think I have a memory leak somewhere that drains my battery. I can go from like 100% - 87% in 12 minutes. That's just walkin' from work to the subway.

Are you still on the touch pro? I only ask cuz of your profile.
(probably haven't updated it)

But anyway... I had major battery issues while running s2u2. None since I uninstalled it.
Do you have any memory hog apps? or running it mostly stock?
p.

mjodotcom 10-28-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sumo911 (Post 1272664)
You may have a defective battery. Id take it into a Sprint store ASAP!

My battery, with push mail enabled, light surfing, several phone calls, numerous texts and my usual basic buffoonery lasts me all day long...only sometimes requiring a charge at the end of the night. Im very pleased with it so far. Cant wait to see what it will be like with wm6.5 on it!

I just don't understand how yall are getting such great battery life. I have tried everything (a new battery, uninstalling S2U2, Good4lifes cleanup cab, etc) and I can still only make it from about 8:30 AM until about 8:30PM before my battery beeps at me. All I have enabled is push exchanged and one gmail account checking every 5 min and I do light texting and web browsing. Could it be that I got yet another defective battery, does the push email and gmail account really drain the battery that quick (therefore, is this battery life to be expected) or do I just have a defective phone? Ahhh help! =P

Jackietreehorn 10-28-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1264155)
I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is definitely up there.

Actually, in terms of battery life, the Snap/Ozone/Intrepid/Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2 and even Pure get very good battery life.

Some of that is WM6.5, which helps a lot, for others it is the 1500mAh battery which seems to be the sweet spot.

Either way, it's a common trait with recent WM devices that I'm very happy about.

Out of curiosity, did you use 6.1 at all (or for long) before 6.5? I'm just curious about how much difference people are seeing between 6.1 and 6.5 with similar usage (I know it won't tell me a whole lot about stock 6.5 whenever Sprint gets around to releasing it, but...meh).

Really, asking anyone who has used 6.1 on it and moved up to 6.5, any thoughts?

kabuk1 10-28-2009 06:02 PM

I'm having a similar experience as Siflan & Mjodotcom. I use my phone as a music player while at work- maybe 5 combined hours of solid music playing plus some minimal data usage during breaks & lunch, but my battery is down to 50-40% by the end of the day. It often feels warm too, and my discharge is always kinda high for no reason(between 150 & 250 mah). I have every battery tweak I know of enabled, and no S2U2 or Phonex or anything either. Methinks I have a memory leak or a rogue program. It was really good when I first got it but it's gotten worse lately. I might try hard resetting tonight & keeping it minimal tomorrow & seeing what results I get. Gods please don't make me go through the 9th level of defective battery HELL again with this phone too(I had 3 defective fried batteries with my old TP).

mjodotcom 10-28-2009 07:33 PM

So you ended up going through three batteries eh? Did the fourth one end up giving you the performance you were looking for? I can't decided whether or not to keep exchanging batteries or if it is the phone that is the culprit. 12hours if life is just unacceptible, thats even worse that my TP1 =X

Herbal954 10-28-2009 07:54 PM

i could prolly blow the battery in 12 hours if i tried...depends on usage and what your doing. with average use i get 2 1/2 days

kabuk1 10-28-2009 08:18 PM

The 4th was pretty bad too, it heated up all the time but mercifully didn't fry completely out. I'm wondering if it's something I regularly install that's fubaring things, cause it's just logically impossible that I keep getting one bad battery after another. I just hard reset & I'm keeping it pretty bare for a day to see if it gets better. Wish me luck : /

Malatesta 10-28-2009 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackietreehorn (Post 1272872)
Out of curiosity, did you use 6.1 at all (or for long) before 6.5? I'm just curious about how much difference people are seeing between 6.1 and 6.5 with similar usage (I know it won't tell me a whole lot about stock 6.5 whenever Sprint gets around to releasing it, but...meh).

Really, asking anyone who has used 6.1 on it and moved up to 6.5, any thoughts?

I've used a ton of devices recently and I've just noticed that WM6.5 gets very good battery life in general.

Unfortunately I haven't had a stock 6.1 vs a stock 6.5 on the same device--closest was the Treo Pro, but that has a hacked 6.5 ROM which was better on battery--all though that it my opinion/experience and I didn't test it directly.

Assuming the WinMo team isn't lying (lol), WM6.5 is optimized for battery and memory usage and at least unofficially, that feels accurate when using them.

mjodotcom 10-28-2009 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herbal954 (Post 1273205)
i could prolly blow the battery in 12 hours if i tried...depends on usage and what your doing. with average use i get 2 1/2 days

Sure, but the thing is I do not have to try at all to make it 12 hours. Under fairly light use, thats all I get out of it. Two batteries now, same result. What I am wondering is should I try replacing the battery yet again or would it be worth trying to get the phone replaced?