PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   TP2, best battery life of WM devices? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92571)

RicoRich196 10-25-2009 08:24 PM

Re: TP2, best battery life of WM devices?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dragon2 (Post 1264141)
yea, Ive got excellent battery life...... I want the leo but I dont see how its 1230 mah battery will compare to this...... Tp2 for the win...

HTC HD2 uses Snapdragon which has extremely low voltage/power usage. As technology advances and processors get stronger they also work to get them more power efficient.

jambaj0e 10-25-2009 09:24 PM

My battery life is pretty bad =/ I'm getting on a moderate use about 20% after 10 hours. I'm hoping that I can get another battery.

pimpsuprazx 10-25-2009 09:26 PM

I haven't had enough winmo devices to say its the best, but from the devices I've had, it would perform the best out of the ones I have had.

SporkLover 10-25-2009 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malatesta (Post 1264155)
I wouldn't say it's the best, but it is definitely up there.

Actually, in terms of battery life, the Snap/Ozone/Intrepid/Treo Pro/Touch Pro 2 and even Pure get very good battery life.

Some of that is WM6.5, which helps a lot, for others it is the 1500mAh battery which seems to be the sweet spot.

Either way, it's a common trait with recent WM devices that I'm very happy about.

mala brings up an excellent point. The Smartphones without keyboards usually do get great life (no touch input system to power, as well as less layers of screen to backlight).

Regardless if it is the best..... it is better than my Apache, Mogul, Touch Pro, and Diamond! I haven't had it on the charger since 8AM and it is sitting at 60%....and I am still using it!

jathomas0910 10-28-2009 12:40 PM

I agree, the best battery life of any windows phone I ever had, and I have had a lot, ecept for an old HP one I had that had an 200mhz proccessor, and I finger bang my phone all day, and I have push email accounts...but the crazy thing is my sprint touch pro2 out last my friends HTC Snap, I would think his would be better and they both use the same battery???

Pasukun 10-28-2009 03:13 PM

My PPC6800 lasted me about 10 hours before it needed to be recharged.
In a comparison, I recharge my TP2 every other day, not because it needs to be recharged, but just to keep it full.
And I use it more than double the amount of my PPC6800.

Herbal954 10-28-2009 03:49 PM

yup ive been very pleased with the battery on my TP2 and coming from alot of other devices battery life has always been an issue

fishingmedic 10-28-2009 03:57 PM

My Omnia running 6.5 can last days before needing a charge, but I was still pleased with the TP2's battery, that is until I read some of the posts here, now I'm starting to wonder if my battery's bad... used the tweaks to kill push internet, etc, using it for some phone calls, E-mails hourly and some texts and I can get about a day...

AZTECHKA 10-28-2009 04:07 PM

Most def.
This is my longest lasting windows battery.
My original touch lasted quite a bit... but I didn't use it half as much.
p.

Siflan 10-28-2009 04:10 PM

Not mine. I think I have a memory leak somewhere that drains my battery. I can go from like 100% - 87% in 12 minutes. That's just walkin' from work to the subway.