PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92493)

japper88 12-03-2009 06:34 PM

Re: Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deimoss (Post 1383791)
anyone out there ninja out a cab for the Microsoft Tell Me App :)>

you dont even need a cab, just take the .exe file out of the zip from the first post and put that on your phone. then from file explorer on your phone run that .exe file and it will automatically install it tellme on to your phone and install a shortcut to your start menu. so if you want to run tellme you just click on the shortcut.

Deimoss 12-03-2009 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by subzero1313 (Post 1383804)
click the paperclip on this threads name in the forum, theres a cab posted somewhere in this thread

ah yes the attachments, I remember thinking about it then posting. heh
this is good for my config file, sweet

BMAMM 12-03-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acontrasto (Post 1266507)
Sprint Vogue (CDMA HTC Touch) here with NFSFANs WM6.5 v16 Build 23001.

Tellme installed fine. Touch screen also works perfectly.

I can't get it to recognize any voice command no matter how clearly or slowly I speak. Soft reset after tellme install doesn't help. I've also disabled MS Voice Command. Still no luck. I'm not sure which version of .NET CF I've got, but if I had to guess I'd say the leaked 3.7 since when I try to install 3.5 I get a newer version already installed error. I blame it on .NET CF because I don't know what else it could be.

I've been signed up to receive updates on Tellme from their website for months now. The only WM availability they've advertised since then is on the Intrepid. Also, another similar app is called Vlingo and it supports a few more WM phones. I've tried both on a friend's blackberry and I like Tellme a lot better.

Any luck getting the Tellme voice recognition to work on your Vogue? I'm seeing a common theme for Vogue devices, we're the application installs fine and seems to run fine but doesn't accept input from the microphone.

suntopper 12-04-2009 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1365408)
It won't work on my TP2. I installed it on the EnergyROM Leo Nov 25 28004, and the app opens, then closes immediately on the Accept/Decline screen.

Same issue with EnergyROM. However it works on SSK and (I believe jsut about every other 2.1 ROM I've flashed including 6.5.x). I love NRG's ROM and I wish I could figure it out. I was able to actually get it to run if I was connected to WMDC but it would always respond with a "didn't catch that" I think it takes the input and connects to a server to interpret (don't know for sure). However, when I disconnected I would get the quick exit scenario. kid_kris suggested disabling voice command before installing. I did this and after the install VC was enabled again when I checked. He said he found the technique on XDA but I couldn't. BTW kid_kris is running EnergyROM M2.1!

I know, no help at all but misery loves company ](*,)
ST

gianthobbit 12-04-2009 01:57 AM

Have they figured out a way for this to play nicely with 6.5/Manila 2.5/M$ Voice command?

GYPSYBLACK 12-04-2009 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eschelon (Post 1267038)
Possible RegEdit to disable 'Sent w/Tellme' text added at end of messages:

To those wanting to diasble the 'Sent w/Tellme' text that is in the settings, but unable to be checked on those with the TP2 having touch screen issues with this app, try this RegEdit:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Tellme\Platfo rm - Then change the 'Settings' D-Word value to 7 then save changes, wait 20 seconds, then soft reset.

Let me know if it works for all or not

Work Around worked Great!!! Thanks

dallastx 12-04-2009 05:38 AM

I wonder if there is a way instead "sent w/tellme" to say something like From: Bob

japper88 12-04-2009 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallastx (Post 1385350)
I wonder if there is a way instead "sent w/tellme" to say something like From: Bob

You could always disable the "sent w/tellme" and speak [your message... from bob] and tellme will insert it in there for you

dallastx 12-04-2009 05:47 AM

yea its hard enough to say a full message with out at least 2 errors in a 2-3 sentence message. So i was just hoping i could have that already as a signature like "sent w/tellme"

syrguy1969 12-04-2009 11:01 AM

What if you go into the SMS settings and set your signature to say "from Bob"? Doesn't Tellme (I haven't had a chance to get it working yet) include your preset signatures?

silent0095 12-04-2009 12:33 PM

Doesnt work on Us Cellular TP2.

ron_samuels 12-05-2009 02:37 PM

I have AT&T Touch Pro2. Has anyone been able to get this thing to work through their AT&T data connection. It works fine when I have wifi on but on disconnect it gives me the error "cannot reach mobile network". This sucks. That means AT&T is blocking something. I want this to work soooooooo bad!!!! I have been waiting for an app like this for years and its the first one that seems to work as it should. (Lucky for me I shave my head or I would be pulling out my hair.)

jondalar 12-08-2009 02:06 AM

Just tryin it out on Xperia X1a. Seems to be working fine for now... it does keep stuck for quite a while on the "thinking" screen... but I guess it'll grow out of it eventually :)

defiantone 12-09-2009 12:05 PM

It works on my Verizon TP2..touch feature works to...as well as the voice text.

JDM_SOHC 02-02-2010 09:44 AM

Ok so i'm runnin MightyRoms 2.1.10 release and this installs and starts up fine.. However; my screen becomes off centered when it goes to the thinking balloon..?? I've searched this thread and doesn't seem like anyone has a fix for this, unless perhaps I overlooked something..?? Thanks
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...ellmeissue.jpg

toddpedersen 02-02-2010 12:10 PM

Are you running MM 2-1-10 ROM? I have the executable on my storage card and when I open it, it says something about loading for the first time, gets to 80% and then seemingly closes.

Thoughts?

JDM_SOHC 02-02-2010 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toddpedersen (Post 1534844)
Are you running MM 2-1-10 ROM? I have the executable on my storage card and when I open it, it says something about loading for the first time, gets to 80% and then seemingly closes.

Thoughts?

Yeah I'm runnin MM 2.1.10 rom and mine installs and runs fine, sends texts, does searches etc... But when at the thinking menu the thinking bubble does that offcentered thing...

cantcme68 02-03-2010 06:40 PM

Please help. When I install the NETCF file I get a error message saying I have to close all apps which I do then it tells me to restart so I do then I installed the Tellme it goes through the install and closes. I click the tellme icon in my program list and I see the program name flash at the top then it goes away.

Any one know what the bleep bleep is going on?

what I'm running
|R|ROM|WWE| ★ Energy "Leo" 23518/21889 |Feb 1| ★ Sense 2.5.2011 / MaxManila ★

mttrieu 03-22-2010 10:51 PM

Sweet! the apps work on my HTC HD! currently using Energy March 20 ROM

kjhadfield 03-22-2010 11:57 PM

i guess no1 figured out how to actually get the txt 2 send immediately w/ sense 2.5 (htc messaging)? it will just sit in the wm (old school) messaging

by the way i dont know if im using a newer version or not but it says 1.0.1

the7thson 03-23-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 1651886)
i guess no1 figured out how to actually get the txt 2 send immediately w/ sense 2.5 (htc messaging)? it will just sit in the wm (old school) messaging

by the way i dont know if im using a newer version or not but it says 1.0.1

Not sure what you mean, I'm running Sense 2.5 on my Diamond and the texts get sent just fine.

kjhadfield 03-23-2010 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the7thson (Post 1652043)
Not sure what you mean, I'm running Sense 2.5 on my Diamond and the texts get sent just fine.

are you on stock rom or custom? if custom, does your custom disable htc messaging or did you install a cab 2 disable htc messaging?

cuz im on custom s3 rom. has 2.5 w/ htc messaging and w/ this app it try to send txt but i only see it in wm messaging if i go look 4 it and then get a send failed, retry loop

edit: i just seen you have diamond. i dont know if you have htc messaging? i think maybe old wm messaging (same as my g/f w/ flashed omj rom sense 2.5) maybe thats my prob; it gets stuck in old wm messaging while the rom i have use htc (new) messaging and gets kinda stuck, i dunno

the7thson 03-23-2010 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kjhadfield (Post 1652065)
are you on stock rom or custom? if custom, does your custom disable htc messaging or did you install a cab 2 disable htc messaging?

cuz im on custom s3 rom. has 2.5 w/ htc messaging and w/ this app it try to send txt but i only see it in wm messaging if i go look 4 it and then get a send failed, retry loop

edit: i just seen you have diamond. i dont know if you have htc messaging? i think maybe old wm messaging (same as my g/f w/ flashed omj rom sense 2.5) maybe thats my prob; it gets stuck in old wm messaging while the rom i have use htc (new) messaging and gets kinda stuck, i dunno

I'm on a custom ROM that does have HTC messaging, still works just fine for me.

tracebass 03-23-2010 01:57 AM

This was the reason I went from SPB Mobile shell to the 6.5 upgrade. I heard that we would get tellme out of the box with the new rom. I was so disappointed when I couldn't find it in the programs list.

Thank you so much OP. And thank you GEEKS.....

I installed it and it works fine on my TP2 w/ new stock rom.

I may just keep using WM 6.5 after all. I just uninstalled SPB to free up memory.

tbird22 03-23-2010 03:42 AM

Just installed TellMe on my TPII after installing new SPRINT/HTC stock rom win 6.5 without installing the 3.5 framwork (newer verson comes with stock rom) Everything works perfectly fine, touch screen commands and all.

eadelgado08 03-23-2010 04:30 PM

i got it working fine on my phone, i like it but it when you want to do the text messaging part, the app has a hard time catching everything you say word for word sometimes

tt C6 04-17-2010 04:02 PM

I just installed the cab from the 1st post on my Sprint Touch Pro 2 runningMighty Mike's Rhodium.
Seems to be working well so far.

Thank you for posting.

tt C6 04-17-2010 04:55 PM

I set TellMe as a Quick Link.
But, you still have to wait for the program to open and then hit the "speak" button for it to start "listening".

I would be nice to set the QUICK LINK to automatically put TellMe into listening mode.
Or, when you hold down the send hard key it would automatically put TellMe into "listening" mode.... just like the stock ROM did with searching your contacts.

cvpagba 05-24-2010 08:19 PM

can't extract it on my phone... help anyone...

YOSEFE 05-28-2010 06:30 PM

You can go into your programs file folder, navigate to tellme, open the tellme folder, copy the tellme.exe file to your device's windows/startup folder by pasting it as a shortcup.

After pasting it there, you can either leave it as shortcut to tellme, or rename it to tellme; and that's it. It will auto load whenever you restart the device, the only thing is that you must hit speak to speak into device.

praetorian63 05-28-2010 07:51 PM

i have a sprint TP2 with 6.5 and this works perfect! touch works everything

ModmyPPC 05-28-2010 09:30 PM

it seems like the text to speech only works for a few words, 4 or less.

Is this common. It kind of defeats the purpose.

fat boy 05-28-2010 11:46 PM

I hit the "Tellme" shortcut and nothing happens and I don't see it running in tasks. What is supposed to happen?

dalastone 05-29-2010 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fat boy (Post 1780207)
I hit the "Tellme" shortcut and nothing happens and I don't see it running in tasks. What is supposed to happen?

the first run should show a typical agreement (data use etc). then when you ok it, it should launch a brief tutorial, then it ready to go. i wonder why yours doesnt start up:(

fat boy 05-29-2010 08:20 PM

Thanks for that info, I don't get any of that probably because I am using a NRG rom.

topcheffan 05-29-2010 10:30 PM

@ fat boy - I am also using an NRG Rom (May 13th 23xxx version) on Sprint TP2. On first start of Tellme, had same sequence of events as Dalastone and it seems to be working fine for me. Did you copy/install/open Microsoft_voice_command cab as well?

fat boy 05-30-2010 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by topcheffan (Post 1781426)
@ fat boy - I am also using an NRG Rom (May 13th 23xxx version) on Sprint TP2. On first start of Tellme, had same sequence of events as Dalastone and it seems to be working fine for me. Did you copy/install/open Microsoft_voice_command cab as well?

I did and finally got it to work, THANKS for the help.

YOSEFE 06-02-2010 03:38 PM

Strange occurance. Has anyone experienced this? I am on the UK Vodafone network.

I have installed tellme. It only works with the sim card out. The moment the sim card is in, it will try to initiate, but then when the "network" kicks in, tellme aborts loading.

I am using Core Cell Series ROM with Radio .91.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

JDM_SOHC 06-02-2010 05:52 PM

When it goes to the big searching bubble do you guys experience alignment issues..??

dnb020060 07-26-2010 04:25 PM

Using the Intrepid cab file and having netcf3.5 on phone I'm able to get it to work (mostly) on the HTC Pure stock ROM. I do get Can't access mobile network whne trying to transcribe text. Any fixes?