PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=92493)

oldpueblo 10-29-2009 12:43 PM

Re: Tellme Installer!!! (extracted from Samsung Intrepid)

Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboFool (Post 1274008)
So is this capable yet of REPLACING Voice Command, or is it only primarily for outgoing? See, I use Voice Command's abilities to read me my incoming calls and texts, and if this can't do that yet, it's not quite ready for prime time. Also, does it work with the Bluetooth call button?

I thought it was, but you can't use it to open programs like you can with MSV.

MultiMatt 10-29-2009 01:17 PM

Yeah, for those of us who like to use the "show such-and-such contact" or "what's my next appointment" or "what calls have I missed" features of Voice Command, it appears that Tellme will not fill that need.

But in all honesty, it's the first of those three that I would miss the most, and it's really not that big of a deal. What is a bigger deal is for Tellme to do a better job of recognizing what I am saying better than it currently does! Slightest bit of background noise and results are out the window...

That's the tricky thing with voice recognition - we usually would want it at a time when physically typing something is inconvenient (or unsafe, such as driving), yet I have not had a successful Tellme session in the car yet! At least Voice Command would recognize my commands with my Bluetooth headset while driving down the road - even JOTT for that matter (though that is an actual person doing transcribing).

We're getting there with this technology, but still a long way to go...

lefty11 10-29-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldpueblo (Post 1275122)
I thought it was, but you can't use it to open programs like you can with MSV.

I have found the best way for me to use this program ( I use SPB Mobile Shell 3.5 ) is to drop a Tellme Icon on my Home/Today page ( keep in mind I am using MS 3.5 ) . I have Voice Command disabled in Voice Command settings , but I still have it mapped to the sen key on long press. I just hit the tellme icon when I want to quick access TellMe, but if i need to use Voice Command I still am able to use it as normal by holding down the send key, then giving the usual commands. I find this is very uick and easy way to get into tellme and I still have the functionality of Voice Command with a button touch.

lefty11 10-29-2009 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MultiMatt (Post 1275237)
Yeah, for those of us who like to use the "show such-and-such contact" or "what's my next appointment" or "what calls have I missed" features of Voice Command, it appears that Tellme will not fill that need.

But in all honesty, it's the first of those three that I would miss the most, and it's really not that big of a deal. What is a bigger deal is for Tellme to do a better job of recognizing what I am saying better than it currently does! Slightest bit of background noise and results are out the window...

That's the tricky thing with voice recognition - we usually would want it at a time when physically typing something is inconvenient (or unsafe, such as driving), yet I have not had a successful Tellme session in the car yet! At least Voice Command would recognize my commands with my Bluetooth headset while driving down the road - even JOTT for that matter (though that is an actual person doing transcribing).

We're getting there with this technology, but still a long way to go...

Not sure if you have your radio on, windows down or a passenger talking, but i have no issues getting accurate texts sent while driving in my car . I have a 350z convertible , so its not like I don't have road noise. It just seems to take a tiny bit of practice. Enunciate clearly and deliberately ( not too slow) and make sure your words do not run together. I will say that I think if you have an accent or hard time pronouncing some words, you may have issues and this may not be the tool for you. A voice recognition translator from native tongue to English text might be a good idea in the future.Not to mention a voice activated "send text " command within the program. I am surprised that was not part of this program

jj62mtp 10-30-2009 11:41 PM

Just installed on juicy rom and....... TOUCH SCREEN WORKS!!!!!!

Used .exe from first post. version is 1.0.1

gadget1 10-31-2009 09:29 AM

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jj62mtp
Just installed on juicy rom and....... TOUCH SCREEN WORKS!!!!!!

Used .exe from first post. version is 1.0.1

Same with the MightyMike ROM.
Everythong works great.

khtims75 11-03-2009 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gadget1 (Post 1282217)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2)

Same with the MightyMike ROM.
Everythong works great.

So also have a Touch Pro 2 (t-mobile) and cannot get this to work for me. I have Voice Command installed as well as .net 3.5 and I am installing the cab file, not the installer app. The program will open for just a small moment and close down on me. What am I doing wrong?

homamk 11-03-2009 03:43 PM

yup had stock it worked but no touch screen. downloaded the same one on might rom and ALL TOUCH SCREEN FUNCTION WORKS! verrrrry niiice! :)

robj19 11-04-2009 11:16 AM

works great for me but it gets a little confused on speech to text

hyakku 11-04-2009 11:58 AM

Works for me pretty well now that I'm starting to learn it on Juicy R2. Even have my voice command working as well with it. barely touched my phone while walking or driving yesterday. Would just voice command tellme and transcribe any long texts. I would only write short ones, and by the end of the day I've got tell me pretty much onpoint with recognizing most of what I say, even with a bit of noise in the back.

pixelwix 11-04-2009 12:42 PM

sweet bring on the thanks guys!!! trying to get my vip statues on lol

eman 11-04-2009 04:00 PM

So I finally got to try this out on Juicy's Rom. What it basically looks like to me is that you ask it for info and it just searched it online. It doesn't actually give you the annswer to your question? Like if i say, what is the Yankee score, it just puts a search online. Or if I ask for a restaurant near me, it doesn't really help. How do you get it to recognize where you are? Any tips for making this app useful, besides transcribing would be great......

Thanks!

mwrood 11-04-2009 06:31 PM

im hoping someone can help me with my problem...whenever i install this program it loads fine but after about 5 seconds i get the "microsoft tell me has encountered an error and needs to close" and then it closes..is there a fix for this...verizon tp2 with stock rom

CaliBoyPhillip 11-05-2009 12:05 AM

dam.... i would pay top buck for this in the future... i would love to be able to reply to messages with this like in the message center.

Sharkie405 11-08-2009 07:44 PM

Does this have text to speech? I know it has speech to text. If so, how do you get it to read a text?

the7thson 11-08-2009 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1310141)
Does this have text to speech? I know it has speech to text. If so, how do you get it to read a text?

Nope, doesn't have any text to speech, Voice Command can do that though by reading out your incoming text messages aloud.

Sharkie405 11-09-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the7thson (Post 1310238)
Nope, doesn't have any text to speech, Voice Command can do that though by reading out your incoming text messages aloud.

Sweet! Would someone mind telling how to set voice command to do that. I see it on my phone, but I don't know how to activate it...

oldpueblo 11-09-2009 11:58 AM

Hold the green send button to activate it. You'll see a mic icon appear on the taskbar above and you'll have a few seconds to give it a command. You can look at the help options to see what all it can do.

the7thson 11-09-2009 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sharkie405 (Post 1311854)
Sweet! Would someone mind telling how to set voice command to do that. I see it on my phone, but I don't know how to activate it...

Go to Start - Settings - Personal - Voice Command
Then check the "Enabled" check box.
Under the Items, make sure "Messaging" is checked. Then while Messaging is selected, click Options on the right and then check off "Announce new messages". Uncheck high priority only to read out ALL incoming text messages.

Hope this helps.

PS - be careful with this though, maybe you don't want all your text messages read out loud :)

Curb71 11-10-2009 08:07 PM

nevermind

fuzzy26 11-11-2009 10:27 PM

Darn! It did not work with my tp cdma from sprint with custom rom. The custome rom could be the issue.

kpc1 11-12-2009 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khtims75 (Post 1294034)
So also have a Touch Pro 2 (t-mobile) and cannot get this to work for me. I have Voice Command installed as well as .net 3.5 and I am installing the cab file, not the installer app. The program will open for just a small moment and close down on me. What am I doing wrong?

Same here. I am in Ireland, Touch Pro 2 unlocked. It installed fine, touch screen works, but as soon as it connects to my server it shuts down. Can anyone help on this, please?

blazin_diva400 11-12-2009 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzy26 (Post 1320943)
Darn! It did not work with my tp cdma from sprint with custom rom. The custome rom could be the issue.

i have a tp cdma from sprint w/ custom rom too and it works..did you install the app to your internal memory?? if you try to install it on your storage card, the app will hang, forcing u to soft reset

tmanner 11-14-2009 07:53 PM

anyone help me out making this work with my verizon XV6800? i have MS voice command installed but it wont understand anything I say. WM6.1 stock rom. anything you can suggest?

Sinful1217 11-14-2009 08:00 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint PPC6850SP)

I get my TP2 on Monday. Never tweaked a phone before so zim kinda slow when it comes to knowin how to do any of this. But talk to text sounds Sweet! A must have app as far as Im concerned! Definitely will b one of the apps Im snatchin up!

rparik01 11-17-2009 05:32 PM

Is there way to disable the "-sent via TellMe" on the text messages. The program seems to work fine, but I'd rather not explain what TellMe is to everyone I send a message to. Thanks.

the7thson 11-18-2009 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rparik01 (Post 1337974)
Is there way to disable the "-sent via TellMe" on the text messages. The program seems to work fine, but I'd rather not explain what TellMe is to everyone I send a message to. Thanks.

Options - Settings - uncheck "sent with tellme".

rparik01 11-22-2009 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the7thson (Post 1339693)
Options - Settings - uncheck "sent with tellme".

The only problem is, I am using a TP2 and I can't use the touch screen. I tried using the arrows and hitting enter and delete, but they don't work. Anyway other way to uncheck it?

dallastx 11-22-2009 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rparik01 (Post 1351349)
The only problem is, I am using a TP2 and I can't use the touch screen. I tried using the arrows and hitting enter and delete, but they don't work. Anyway other way to uncheck it?

You need 6.5 to use the touch screen. So any custom ROM with 6.5 you will be able to use touch screen. Other wise there is a registry edit to take of "sent with Tell me" but you will have to search for it" search for it.

one take dizzle 11-24-2009 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amnya (Post 1268580)
Hey guys, used fiddler to trace the HTTP request used in the installer, and managed to fetch the cab file from tellme servers. Attached :)

The problem is, i installed it, and i have the tellme icon on the start menu, but when i tap it, nothing happens. Any registry hacks needed? Thanks :)

Sounds like the same thing I experience. I tap the TellMe icon and the title bar displays momentarily, then goes away. My phone is an LG Incite running WinMo 6.5. Voice Command does not work with the ROM I have loaded. Maybe Voice Command has to be functional for TellMe to work.

cloudn9ne 11-24-2009 04:28 PM

Does not work for me running NRG Photon. It loads up the page with the agreement and shuts down before I can accept. Tried all the cabs from this thread.

dmusic2 11-25-2009 12:45 PM

I have it working on my tp2 running JuicyR4(also with R3) The only issue I have is that when I send a text,manually or through voice to text, it says text sent but it just stays in my regular text application until I send anything from there. Then it will send whatever I had sent in TellMe!! Anyone with the same issue? Or a fix?

WhiteBlazer01 11-26-2009 10:52 PM

It won't work on my TP2. I installed it on the EnergyROM Leo Nov 25 28004, and the app opens, then closes immediately on the Accept/Decline screen.

amw1972 11-30-2009 02:03 AM

Installed TellMe on my TouchPro2. Am running a custom ROM cooked from Calkulin's Visual Kitchen V1.1a. Using the 28005 build.

First I installed TellMe when I was still running stock Sprint (before the HSPL)...it sucked...so I didn't go back. Touch screen was not fully functional, wasn't very accurate...ran slow as well.

Played wiht it a bit tonight, and I am impressed. Especially now that the Widcomm bluetooth stack seem to be playing nice (think its a WM6.5 thing...) TellMe was responsive, and will continue to utilize...will try to completely run the app via voice from start up to sending the text...that would be nice!!!

WhiteBlazer01 11-30-2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 (Post 1365408)
It won't work on my TP2. I installed it on the EnergyROM Leo Nov 25 28004, and the app opens, then closes immediately on the Accept/Decline screen.

Anyone have a solution?

rsbrown69 11-30-2009 12:45 PM

TellMe is NOT available to purchase in the Microsoft Marketplace. I wonder if it will be more compatible with some of the custom ROMs?

Edit: that was stupid, I was looking at midomi. Wrong forum and Alzheimers at play here. Sorry

NCHEVYHEVN 11-30-2009 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsbrown69 (Post 1373645)
TellMe is now available to purchase in the Microsoft Marketplace. I wonder if it will be more compatible with some of the custom ROMs?

I'm looking in the marketplace right now and I'm not seeing a TellMe app.

japper88 12-03-2009 05:00 PM

Wow this app is great! So easy to use/install! (i just dropped the .exe file on my storage card, ran it, it installed the app on to my phone's memory, and put a shortcut in the start menu, i ran accepted the terms and used it!)

I tested it by having it transcribe some of texts for me, pretty accurate too!

Deimoss 12-03-2009 06:15 PM

anyone out there ninja out a cab for the Microsoft Tell Me App :)>

subzero1313 12-03-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deimoss (Post 1383791)
anyone out there ninja out a cab for the Microsoft Tell Me App :)>

click the paperclip on this threads name in the forum, theres a cab posted somewhere in this thread