PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2009, 01:44 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

bryanw17 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Screen Protector - Smoothest when navigating?

yeah the boxwave is perfect its really as if nothing is there i suggest i know the other guy gets all like serious into it and puts it in water but i applied it yesterday and ill tell u wat i did,

got the shower running really hot and let it build up some steam which helps alot
then i got the cleaning cloth it came with and buffed it to not a spec of anything
i got an air duster thing and sprayed it a little i put it to the light in the bathroom to look for dirt and it was all clear, i then set it down got alchohol and rubbed my fingers (u probably dont need to i just wanted it perfect) i found the best way to apply is to line up the top edges almost to the edge and then slowly work the screen down, it came out perfect not one spec of anything it was perfect
Old 10-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Wozzer is a n00b

I am in precisely the same situation as the OP. I took a look at my friend's iphone with "Power Support" brand anti-glare protector. I can tell you that that protector was ridiculously smooth. I can tell you that the surface is even LESS tacky than the stock iphone screen (not sure about the TP2 since I put the stock screen protector on immediately).

Now they don't make a version for the TP2. I saw one other post where someone mentioned the Boxwave Anti-glare was less tacky than the Cleartouch. My guess is most posters have only used the Cleartouch. I would say I'm about 80% sure that the Boxwave Anti-Glare is going to have the least tacky feeling. Caveat is that it will reduce screen brightness marginally and introduce some grain/warp to the image. HOWEVER, it almost completely conceals fingerprints, ergo it will reduce warp/smudge from fingerprints and therefore your overall operating visual quality will likely be similar.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

nbaj2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wozzer View Post
I am in precisely the same situation as the OP. I took a look at my friend's iphone with "Power Support" brand anti-glare protector. I can tell you that that protector was ridiculously smooth. I can tell you that the surface is even LESS tacky than the stock iphone screen (not sure about the TP2 since I put the stock screen protector on immediately).

Now they don't make a version for the TP2. I saw one other post where someone mentioned the Boxwave Anti-glare was less tacky than the Cleartouch. My guess is most posters have only used the Cleartouch. I would say I'm about 80% sure that the Boxwave Anti-Glare is going to have the least tacky feeling. Caveat is that it will reduce screen brightness marginally and introduce some grain/warp to the image. HOWEVER, it almost completely conceals fingerprints, ergo it will reduce warp/smudge from fingerprints and therefore your overall operating visual quality will likely be similar.
Definitely interesting. Anyone have any luck with the Boxwave Anti-Glare? Or are most people's feelings that the Crystal protector is the best. I think if so Ill get the 3 pack since I've read how difficult it is to get that screen protector on perfectly.

~J
Old 10-25-2009, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

zizo72 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaj2k View Post
Definitely interesting. Anyone have any luck with the Boxwave Anti-Glare? Or are most people's feelings that the Crystal protector is the best. I think if so Ill get the 3 pack since I've read how difficult it is to get that screen protector on perfectly.

~J
Should be receivin 3 antiglares mon or tues..Will report back
Old 10-25-2009, 02:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint TP

IsLNdbOi is keeping up the good workIsLNdbOi is keeping up the good work

Quote:

~J
The Anti-Glares have a texture like it's ridged. It definitely isn't as smooth as the Crystal.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

~J
Getting a screen protector on perfectly is super easy.

YOu really need to make sure that you get a small bowl of water w/ a drop of dish soap in it. It feels super unnatural to take a brand new screen protector and dunk it in slippery water but I GUARANTEE you'll get it on perfectly if you follow that step and squeegee out as much water and soap you can.

Once that is done, just disregard any swirlies or bubbles in there, they WILL disappear in a couple of days. All of my screen protectors look like they were professionally/factory applied... you can have the same if you take care and follow the proper steps.

That said, you have three protectors.. that means you should probably have 2 years of solid protection (at least).
Old 10-25-2009, 08:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanw17 View Post

got the shower running really hot and let it build up some steam which helps alot
then i got the cleaning cloth it came with and buffed it to not a spec of anything
i got an air duster thing and sprayed it a little i put it to the light in the bathroom to look for dirt and it was all clear, i then set it down got alchohol and rubbed my fingers (u probably dont need to i just wanted it perfect) i found the best way to apply is to line up the top edges almost to the edge and then slowly work the screen down, it came out perfect not one spec of anything it was perfect
This is EXACTLY how I installed my Boxwave crystal clear in every detail & it came out perfect. There is no way you can tell it has a protector on it, it looks & feels like a naked screen.

I have both the anti-glare & the clear (I ordered both so I could try each & see the difference). Personally, I much prefer the clear but I can see how people like the anti-glare also as it doesn't show fingerprints.

~John
Old 10-25-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

nbaj2k is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
This is EXACTLY how I installed my Boxwave crystal clear in every detail & it came out perfect. There is no way you can tell it has a protector on it, it looks & feels like a naked screen.

I have both the anti-glare & the clear (I ordered both so I could try each & see the difference). Personally, I much prefer the clear but I can see how people like the anti-glare also as it doesn't show fingerprints.

~John
Thanks everyone for the advice, definitely appreciate it. I think I'm going to pickup the Boxwave Crystal Clear protector (probably a 3 pack in case i screw up) The anti glare ones not showing fingerprints definitely sounds interesting as well. Is it a lot less clear? Can you tell by looking at it there is a screen protector on it? If it isn't a great deal different I'll probably just pickup the Crystal Clear.

Thanks,

~J

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2