PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2009, 07:05 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Re: --12/06/09 --[FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ --12/06/09 --

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicarw View Post
My htc won't automatically change screens when I turn it to the side, unless the keyboard is open, and my auto screen setting is turned to ON. Can someone help me?
a lot of reasons why it isnt actually. Can be your orientation, G sensor, the software could be locking your screen rotation or be incompatible, etc.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Agent0Hibachi is keeping up the good workAgent0Hibachi is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Agent0Hibachi Send a message via Skype™ to Agent0Hibachi

Ok so using the TF3D when clicking on the browser it still opens the Opera that was already on the phone not 10 beta 2. When installing the new opera it asks do you want to use it as the default browser but it still doesnt open 10 when i search something or have a webside as a tab so it their a way to make it the default or do i have to always open 10 to start using it?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:25 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
Ok so using the TF3D when clicking on the browser it still opens the Opera that was already on the phone not 10 beta 2. When installing the new opera it asks do you want to use it as the default browser but it still doesnt open 10 when i search something or have a webside as a tab so it their a way to make it the default or do i have to always open 10 to start using it?
Check your settings for opera 10 if its default
Old 12-15-2009, 02:31 PM
Sexy Mama!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

Tink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIPTink is a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Re: [FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by daprince View Post
Hello and im sry if im in the wrong place but i just discover this site like last night and my question is how can i make the pic mail or video mail show in full screen insted of a little pic

Thanks and this site is AWESOME!!!
ps I will have more questions.
Another Lurker!!! lolol

Hypnotic2010 Custom PPCGEEKS and XDA Developers search tool
Old 12-16-2009, 05:58 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 Sprint unlocked
Carrier: T-Mobile

sceptr is a n00b

I have been searching for days on several forums for a few answers:
I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2, which I have unlocked and run T-mobile on it. For a custom ROM, should I use a CDMA or GSM?
As far as other uploads with radio distinction, should I treat this as a CDMA or GSM phone?
How do I disable the Handsfree Activation message at startup? (I've seen this question asked, but never answered.)
I don't know which forums to use for these questions and I don't want to brick my phone.
Please help!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:26 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptr View Post
I have been searching for days on several forums for a few answers:
I have a Sprint Touch Pro 2, which I have unlocked and run T-mobile on it. For a custom ROM, should I use a CDMA or GSM?
As far as other uploads with radio distinction, should I treat this as a CDMA or GSM phone?
How do I disable the Handsfree Activation message at startup? (I've seen this question asked, but never answered.)
I don't know which forums to use for these questions and I don't want to brick my phone.
Please help!
Your device is still generally CDMA, with the CDMA end of drivers and such, with a GSM extension, so use a CDMA ROM in this case
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-21-2009, 12:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

akavalerie is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessicarw View Post
My htc won't automatically change screens when I turn it to the side, unless the keyboard is open, and my auto screen setting is turned to ON. Can someone help me?
I have the same problem. It used to work but now only if the keyboard is open. Not sure what I installed to make it stop working but wish I could figure it out....
Old 12-21-2009, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

toddwoolf is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to toddwoolf

You will have to add an international plan to your acct by calling customer care. You won't have to do anything to your phone except switch it to global mode. Hope this helps.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayden96 View Post
Any idea how to raise the MMS attachment size cap?

The stock image was 1MB.
One rom I flashed had it set to 5MB.
The one I'm on now has it set to 300KB!

I would guess this is a registry edit?
Don't bother with MMS Size Hacks.
It's server side. Meaning it's on your carrier's end, not your phone. You may be able to squeeze a little extra, but 99% of the time if they're over the regular size they will not be received by the recipient even if it shows it was sent successfully on your phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayden96 View Post
I don't suppose you could provide a link? "MMS FIX" is too short to search for.
That's because I'm assuming you searched without the quotes, put them in quotes. Three or less character words are excluded from searches.
I'm not sure what carrier you have (I don't remember when looked at your post if you had filled that info out on your profile or not) but you may also want to include the carriers name also, for example I have alltel, so I would put something like this:
Code:
alltel "mms fix"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent0Hibachi View Post
If it's default and not working, keep searching for something like the following: change manilla touchflo3d browser
Sometimes it's a registry edit, not sure with the newer builds of touchflo, or if it's what I'm thinking of right now(it's been a long day), but there was a registry edit or something I changed before that made it work with a different browser. Sorry I'm not much more help...
Old 01-01-2010, 12:53 PM
Wiredengineer
Pocket PC: EVO 3D/Acer Iconia Tab!

PropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuffPropagandaX knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

For this question below, I recogmend you add a reference to microsoft "my phone". I use to use activesync but My Phone is much easier to use.

Is there a way to easily transfer contacts, phone numbers, etc?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2