PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 10:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

86Cutty is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ

I'm getting a TP2 in the mail tomorrow, and I was wondering if you can use the Sprint version internationally? I was planning on going to Egypt to see someone next year, and I was trying to find that out so I don't get charged international calling fees from Sprint. Also, if you can use it internationally, how? Would I just buy a SIM card from a pre-paid company there and put it in my phone, or do I have to do something else? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. TIA.
Old 11-20-2009, 04:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

86Cutty is a n00b

Bump
?
Old 11-20-2009, 07:31 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Cutty View Post
Bump
?
no need to bump so quickly, this thread is stickied y'know :P

Anyways, you will be charged internationally, like any carrier, Sprint only operates in the U.S. so the SIM card on your phone has to be used in Egypt

A cheap alternative may be a prepaid SIM card service in Egypt, research into it

Laos
Old 11-22-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

eore227 is just getting started

Hi I'm on stock sprint with some tweaks I'm just wondering if any of you have this problem when you are making a call on your voicemail and it connects there is a static blip??
Old 12-05-2009, 05:37 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

nicolaux is a n00b

Oi. Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong area. Its 3:40am and I've been searching for about 2 1/2 hours on how to edit the general program list on my TP2. It doesn't seem as if many people using their TP2's have US Cellular as a provider (as by most screenshots look nothing like mine). I'm not sure if I have to break into the registry to edit the list. Noob talk yes, and I'm tired but don't want to give up hope.

Is there a simple way of re-arranging or raising the more used icons to the top ? As opposed to swiping down 40 times to get to google maps ? Do I have to get a registry hack ? How is something this simple not built into WM 6.5 ? Thanks for any help and apologies I'm quite over-tired/bummed.
Old 12-05-2009, 09:09 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolaux View Post
Oi. Sorry if I'm asking in the wrong area. Its 3:40am and I've been searching for about 2 1/2 hours on how to edit the general program list on my TP2. It doesn't seem as if many people using their TP2's have US Cellular as a provider (as by most screenshots look nothing like mine). I'm not sure if I have to break into the registry to edit the list. Noob talk yes, and I'm tired but don't want to give up hope.

Is there a simple way of re-arranging or raising the more used icons to the top ? As opposed to swiping down 40 times to get to google maps ? Do I have to get a registry hack ? How is something this simple not built into WM 6.5 ? Thanks for any help and apologies I'm quite over-tired/bummed.
You need the old "honeycomb start menu" that has a registry hack.

To add, you can then edit the honeycomb menu via

/Windows/Start Menu/Programs
Old 12-05-2009, 11:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Excuse my laziness, I didnt feel like reading through pages of txt if this has been answered already! Question; When dealing with the touch pro you had to DL the RUU file, then DL the Rom of choice & snatch the Nbh. file drag it over the RUU folder to complete Rom update...For the TP2 does the RUU come bundled with the ROM Nbh. file and there's no need to download a separate RUU folder? And or is it up to the chef to bundled a RUU file & the Rom?
Old 12-06-2009, 02:30 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauske View Post
Excuse my laziness, I didnt feel like reading through pages of txt if this has been answered already! Question; When dealing with the touch pro you had to DL the RUU file, then DL the Rom of choice & snatch the Nbh. file drag it over the RUU folder to complete Rom update...For the TP2 does the RUU come bundled with the ROM Nbh. file and there's no need to download a separate RUU folder? And or is it up to the chef to bundled a RUU file & the Rom?
flashing the TP2 is identical to the TP. Depends on each Chef's method of distribution.

The only thing different is achieving SPL mode
Old 12-07-2009, 04:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

imtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regularimtjnotu is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: --12/06/09 --[FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ --12/06/09 --

why is it now i cant flash from active sync...it gets half way threw then freezes.....i can only flash from sd now anyone have any idea

Old 12-10-2009, 11:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc Touch Pro 2

Jessicarw is a n00b
Re: --12/06/09 --[FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS] Touch Pro2 FAQ --12/06/09 --

My htc won't automatically change screens when I turn it to the side, unless the keyboard is open, and my auto screen setting is turned to ON. Can someone help me?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2