PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2009, 10:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: VZW Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

dimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on repdimitri is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: how to offically unlock verizon tp2 sim for gsm use

So you only have to enter the code one time? Not each time you have to use a GSM SIM card?

Sorry if that is a dumb question but I have only used a CDMA phone before.

If I have helped you in anyway, please click Thank You.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:17 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimitri
So you only have to enter the code one time? Not each time you have to use a GSM SIM card?

Sorry if that is a dumb question but I have only used a CDMA phone before.
yes u only need to do it once! u swapping ur sim is just like swapping ur memory card! as long as u have unlocked it, it should stay

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Threadstarter

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(TP2): Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rube77
Just wondering if you/anyone might know the answer to this... I already sim unlocked my vzw tp2, if I flash a new rom when the hspl is released, does it stay unlocked or do I have to call vzw back? thanks ahead for any answers!
not %100 sure based on the fact i cant test it but i assume it will stick even after a flash
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 PM
Threadstarter

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relax Preppy
whats the difference between gsm and global mode?
gsm (Global System for Mobile communication)is the technology that at&t and tmoblie and telus(they also have cdma) use ie htc g1, iphone!! and i think global mode is so ur data will work overseas via verizon/vodafone not sure but will do some research and find out more on global mode

edit: found better answer =D>

By default, your device operates in Global mode. With a SIM card installed, Global mode
allows your device to seamlessly switch from a CDMA network to a GSM network when you
are traveling in another country and there is no CDMA service available in your location.

Last edited by Adrianh85; 10-21-2009 at 02:54 PM. Reason: found answer to question!!!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:28 PM
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietguy
add a dial up connection, use epc.tmobile.com as the number.
when i get my hads on the sim i will try this and update post
Old 10-21-2009, 03:34 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

neodarksaver is just getting started

it's already unlocked on my sprint...
Old 10-21-2009, 03:40 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: ALLTEL

wolfordtw is keeping up the good workwolfordtw is keeping up the good workwolfordtw is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to wolfordtw

of course it's already unlocked on your sprint. as a matter of fact it's unlocked on everyone's sprint, however...................sprint custom ordered all their phones that way and to trick us they custom ordered them with a radio that blocks ALL united states gsm providers out there. for those who have a sprint touch pro2 your s.o.l. until the great cmonex finishes the sim unlocker for the sprint touch pro2. you should all donate to her as she has made and assisted with many unlockers and other excetera things.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:24 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

If anyone is worried about their SIM relocking for whatever reason (I don't know why it would relock), make a note of the unlock codes you received from Verizon (They e-mailed them to me). It will always unlock your phone. It"s not one-time use.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon XV6875 Touch Pro2
Carrier: VerizonWireless

ca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good workca2l3vin is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Global Mode is indeed using both radios at one time for traveling abroad basically it an auto setting to look for both gsm and cdma in the area (for those that really travel and dont know which they have in an area) Example would be countries that have both or if you go to the virgin islands and dont know if they have either. it takes longer for the detection since it searches through both radios and can be a waste of battery. Its best if you know what you want to connect to to just choose the network.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

Spr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good workSpr0ckEt is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Spr0ckEt Send a message via MSN to Spr0ckEt Send a message via Yahoo to Spr0ckEt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrianh85 View Post

i will try this and update post
Or one of your other 3 reserved posts...
Phone history: Moto V265 (5), Moto V710 (4), Moto E815 (1), Moto Q (4), Treo 700wx (3), and XV6800 (5), Alltel Touch Pro (5), VZW Touch Pro 2 (2), HTC Incredible (3), HTC Thunderbolt (5), HTC Rezound (5), HTC DNA (4), Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (3)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2