PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

ppazz1101 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to ppazz1101
Re: HOW TO: Change carrier text permanently without Personalizer!

For the guys wondering about "0 Missed Calls" - I found a fix.

Here (I posted this in my own thread, but I can't link to it cause I only have 3 posts here so far):

Load up your home.mode9 file in m9editor. At the top right, in the "find" box, type "MissedCallText" and search. You should find a property node with the value "MissedCallText". Three lines below it, you'll see a property node that looks like this:

<Property> Name="String" Value="0 Missed Calls"

Change the "0 Missed Calls" to "Call History". Save your home.mode9 file and load it on your TP2 using the normal procedure (Stop TF3D, copy the file, enable TF3D). Fixed!

This works perfectly on my Verizon TP2. My home page now reads "Call History" until I actually have missed calls. When I have missed calls, the text changes to the expected "# Missed Calls".
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro2
Carrier: us cellular

cheif_of_smoke is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

dumb question, how do i find out if i have sence 2.5. i did try to edit the file that freeza said to do. the editor just wont save. give me errors. so now what. ill give you the file later. thanks.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Q and HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

defiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good workdefiantone is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
Well, I remembered this from the TP1 days. It involves editing a single manila file and it works without needing to use Personalizer or any other program.

The file in question is: 1c684cd8_manila

You also need m9editor

Steps:
1. Copy 1c684cd8_manila from your device's Windows directory with File Explorer (may not work), Resco Explorer, OR Total Commander.
2. Open m9editor
3. Click 3rd icon at the top "open mode9 file"
4. Browse for and open 1c684cd8_manila
5. In the "find" box at the top right, search for "carriertext", there should only be one instance and it should bring you to a line that says "Name=Instance Name Value="CarrierNetwork" or something very similar.
6. Remove the "CarrierNetwork" text from the yellow boxes below and press the "Ok" button.
7. Two lines below that you should see "Name=String Value="" Edit the second yellow box to whatever you want, and press the "Ok" button.
8. Save the file. (It is read only, so to make it writable you will have to right click the file before saving, go to properties, and uncheck the read-only attribute)
Optional two steps (one of the two is required):
9. Disable TF3D by going into settings>today>items>uncheck TouchFLO 3d
9b. Copy back to device replacing the one in Windows
9c. Re-enable TF3D
OR
9. Copy back to device replacing the one in Windows
9b. Soft-reset device.

When it is all done it should look like this:

and

For those of you who don't want to do this yourself, reply back to this thread with what you would like, and I will do it for you

ALSO: FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO WANT THIS DONE BY ME, AND HAVE "BACKGROUND4ALLPAGES" installed, you will NEED to upload your 1c684cd8_manila OR tell me in advance, as this file as this is edited by background4allpages and mine is stock.

Enjoy!

Update: Changing the carrier text will replace "Call History" with "# Missed Calls" # being the number, even if it is 0.
Update 2: I made a test call to my phone, and it changed to "1 Missed Call" but after tapping it and going into the call history, it went back to the original "Call History" so it appears to be temporary, and happens after soft-resets.
------------------
Where can I get the slider and taskbar you're using above..
Thanks
Old 02-12-2010, 10:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II
Carrier: Telus

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
For those doing this with HTC Sense 2.5, you will modify the 7c60907d_manila file.

Before reading below, please understand that I just started playing around with these files recently, so I may be taking some extra steps. Freeza can fill in the blanks if my solution has any merit.

What I did was right click on the object subtree <Object>Type=GLESText" and chose "Copy".

I then right clicked on the parent tree <Group> and pasted (seen below in blue). I then had two identical entries as shown below.

I left the "CarrierNetwork" in as you can see, but I changed the brown highlighted values to ensure that it would not show up. I basically gave it a height of 0 and changed the x and y coordinates to 0 as well. I am not sure if the x and y coordinates needed to be changed, but the end result worked for me.

In my copied version, I made the changes Freeza outlined of removing the carriernetwork text and then put my info in "Steven's Phone" (no quotes).

My thought is that since the original entry is still there, the bugs seen by removing it will disappear.

Let me know if this fixes the issue or not.

On a side note, I cannot get the m9editor to work on Windows 7 x64. Won't even start up and immediately throws out an error. My workaround is running it off an XP virtual machine I have.
Thanks! Manipulating the CarrierNetwork string in 2.5 made my soft keys and quicklinks dissapear, nice and clean, but couldn't get to the phone or use the quicklinks lol..changing the size and postion seems to have worked great to completely remove the Carrier Text and clean up the home screen!
Old 02-12-2010, 11:21 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hi freeza,
very commendable job on this and for taking the time to edit the file as requested by our fellow members.

but what i'd like to know is if there was any to do something similar to the carrier name widget on spb ms. im on sprint stock and the first time i used spb ms, i saw that one of the widgets on my screen was the carrier name and wondered if there was any way to customize that. couldnt find anything about it by searching. unless i just wasnt doing a good job searching for it. but i thought it would be cool to have that widget personalized showing on my spb home screen. btw...gave you thanks because of the time you take to complete member requests.

(im hoping that it is customizable and you can tell me how to do it)
Old 12-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv9000 verizon
Carrier: page plus

juniorseau55 is a n00b

I don't have the 1c684cd8 folder in the version of my windows mobile. I am using the tp2 juicy rom.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2