PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 07:38 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Can someone please help me? Tethering on Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyz View Post
Achilles what does the HTCUSBTOPC actually install- do you still have to connect to the internet before hitting connect on ICS- basically I am wondering how your way is any different from the way I got ICS to work on my sprint TP2- see here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...32#post1165932
It's the pop up screen you get once the phone gets pc connection.

You know Sync, storage, or Internet Connection.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Cold View Post
Well I wanted it to be like on my Touch Pro from Sprint. where I would connect my USB 2.0 cable, start up Internet Sharing and Hit connect that was it.

no bluetooth.

WiFi Router I don't know what that is, can someone please give me the Idiots Explanation to what that does, because my Laptop already has Intel 5300 N WiFi. It has 3 antennas very strong.

I mostly like EVDO Rev.A Tethering via USB because if I am somewhere that lacks WiFi, I can "tether" at Fast speeds.

thats all.
If you want to tether using a USb connection you will need 2 things Pdanet & Activesync.

http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/index.php

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...s/default.mspx
Old 10-13-2009, 11:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Sprint/Employee

c0011j is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluruld View Post
Our data plans say our connection is unlimited though I didn't read the contract. Guess I should if it specifies certain things to not use the connection for. I thought Verizon supported net neutrality? I remember the day AT&T blocked 4chan.org.

Though I have heard about going over 5GB "may" cause a red flag and that Verizon "may" do something but this "may" be rare?

Many ICS programs share your phones data connection and don't do it as phone as a modem. As far as I understand using your phone as a modem is the only thing they can detect other than pure usage.
Internet Sharing IS PAM as far as Sprint is concerned. And the data usage is considered unlimited, through your phone. But not sharing the net with another device.
Just think of this. Why would Sprint be pushing their wireless cards, mifi cards and such where there is a monthly charge just to let others use internet sharing with their mobile devices for free?
Regardless of how you do it... it is the same thing. And I know at least Sprint has started to stop internet sharing like that for free. Either you sign up for PAM or get a connection card.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Almost a VIP

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0011j View Post
Internet Sharing IS PAM as far as Sprint is concerned. And the data usage is considered unlimited, through your phone. But not sharing the net with another device.
Just think of this. Why would Sprint be pushing their wireless cards, mifi cards and such where there is a monthly charge just to let others use internet sharing with their mobile devices for free?
Regardless of how you do it... it is the same thing. And I know at least Sprint has started to stop internet sharing like that for free. Either you sign up for PAM or get a connection card.
So what part of the internet connection being detected to sprint not show as PAM didn't you get?

Please do educate us on how sprint will tell.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
So what part of the internet connection being detected to sprint not show as PAM didn't you get?

Please do educate us on how sprint will tell.
lol. You are a smart guy , or smart ***. Not sure which yet. But I was just trying to help. Obviously you are to smart for me. So I doubt I can 'educate' you.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:49 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by c0011j View Post
lol. You are a smart guy , or smart ***. Not sure which yet. But I was just trying to help. Obviously you are to smart for me. So I doubt I can 'educate' you.
I was asking seriously. Sorry if I was bit rude on my first comment, but you kept ignoring the fact about the data connection not being PAM from others.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHlLLES View Post
I was asking seriously. Sorry if I was bit rude on my first comment, but you kept ignoring the fact about the data connection not being PAM from others.
Agreed on the ignoring part. It's easy to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing but to dismiss someone elses argument just because it smacks yours in the face... well...
Old 10-13-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2l3vin View Post
Wirelessly posted (XV6875 Opera/9.50 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Verizon can detect your use do to the nature of its data and cdma service. Key Will Be Stay under 4 gig. alot of times this will not send a white flag to audit or fraud. If you go above that usage in high traffic areas they may see a need to hotline your account forcing you to call in and explain what your doing. If your in a low traffic area or even mid size its not putting alot of strain on the network so they may leave you alone for awhile. To check your usagr it will show online under your data usage. if your using it for occasional use like surfing emails and stuff your fine but if your using it for say....online gaming like WoW or streaming netflix movies you will get high usage on top of violating your contract to not use your connection for that stuff.

GL
thank you. yeah i only planned on using it for browsing and email, which would happen rarely. i just remember verizon telling me when i bought the data plan that if i wanted to connect it to my comp it would be an additional 15 a month on top of the 30, i laughed and said ok. so i guess i got some research to do to make sure i use the right methods as to not be detected. i appreciate your input, definitely makes sense
Old 10-13-2009, 01:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by obamaftw08 View Post
Agreed on the ignoring part. It's easy to tell people what they should or shouldn't be doing but to dismiss someone elses argument just because it smacks yours in the face... well...
There is a difference between ignoring something intentionally and not catching it. And I haven't dismissed anything. And I didn't tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do.
I was trying to explain what I have seen. And that is multiple people call in to my location because they had their phones tethered and no longer being able to because Sprint stopped it. Then the customers were told that they could no longer use it without PAM SOC (Service Order Code). How they are able to tell, I am not 100% sure but I know they do. You can take it for what it's worth. I don't think I did it rudely. I was just giving information.
Old 10-17-2009, 09:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro-2

ohiobenz is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by migz1134 View Post
If you want to tether using a USb connection you will need 2 things Pdanet & Activesync.

http://www.junefabrics.com/pdanet/index.php

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...s/default.mspx
I need to upload an MP3 file to a website once a week, will the above software which claims to run in the unlimited data plan get me audited and charged for PAM?
The location has no internet service so i planned to use my TP2 and a USB cable to transfer the data.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2