PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: VZW Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Jmallit is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Jmallit
Re: Is there a screen protector included with the phone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I could see how they got the price down to $200, no screen protector, box cost's an extra $20, no extra stylus, lol
Verizons comes with an extra stylus. No screen protector.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:37 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex
Carrier: Sprint

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocksthaman View Post
Look at my profile thing , I have a iPhone
WHAT? Pocket pc: iphone? Blasphemy

I feel so disrespected on so may levels

Who else is with me?

Disclaimer: I hope no one takes this too serious

Last edited by themuffinman; 10-11-2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
It comes with one, but I haven't had much luck with it. I used the same application method I have used in the past with other brands (invisible shield, boxwave, martin fields, etc) with soapy water. Anyways, the bottom 2 points near the phone buttons catch in my pocket and lift up. This causes lint from pocket to get under it. I ordered some of the ebay ones mentioned in another thread to see how they hold up.
No soapy water or any solution of any kind should be used with the Sprint protectors. It's just a big sticker. I've used the zagg ones in the past, with soapy water, but they're just not as good. They might be more durable, but they have a sorta orange-peel texture and why expose yr device to water if you don't have to?
Old 10-11-2009, 11:44 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Double post because I'm dumb.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
It comes with one, but I haven't had much luck with it. I used the same application method I have used in the past with other brands (invisible shield, boxwave, martin fields, etc) with soapy water. Anyways, the bottom 2 points near the phone buttons catch in my pocket and lift up. This causes lint from pocket to get under it. I ordered some of the ebay ones mentioned in another thread to see how they hold up.
This happened because you didn't wait long enough for the protector to dry. The one I put on my TP2 (InvisibleShield) didn't fully dry for 24 hrs using the same method (soapy water). That was even with putting it under a light to warm it up a bit.

I think soapy water works on pretty much any screen protector. As long as you're careful, it does wonders on making sure there are no bubbles and adjusting it. Just make sure once u dip the screen protector, u shake it off WELL.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmallit View Post
Verizons comes with an extra stylus. No screen protector.
It was a joke

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 10-11-2009, 11:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post

I think soapy water works on pretty much any screen protector. As long as you're careful, it does wonders on making sure there are no bubbles and adjusting it.
No no no no. This whole soapy water thing is only for zagg and equivalents (military grade helicopter blade protectors). The new trend is these cheap RTV silicone adhesive protectors, like the one Sprint includes, and believe me, no water should be used with these! I just stuck it on and you can't even tell it's there.
Old 10-11-2009, 12:03 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainwampus View Post
I've used the zagg ones in the past, with soapy water, but they're just not as good. They might be more durable, but they have a sorta orange-peel texture and why expose yr device to water if you don't have to?
I agree 100%, the zagg ones in particular suck big time IMHO (I had one on an old xv6800 for about a week before I took it off in & threw it away) although the stuff works fine for full body protection.

Although I have used the water/soap method with good results, all I use now are the Boxwave/Brando savers which are much easier to apply bubble & dust free, don't need water & don't ruin the TF3D screen feel like the zagg cr@p

~John
Old 10-29-2009, 12:45 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO, 2x TOUCH PRO2
Carrier: SPRINT

rose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuffrose1 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rose1

Does anyone have any tips on installing the screen protector without trapping dust? Every time I try, there's a spec or 2 of dust trapped
Old 10-29-2009, 12:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Apache, Mogul, TP1, TP2, EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

z06vette is a n00b

Silly question. I applied the Sprint one with know problems. tip next to phone button snagged on my jacket and pulled up. Now there is lint underneath. Can you clean stock one or should I just get a replacement.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2