PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2009, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Katana
Carrier: Sprint

-Sin- is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to -Sin-
Question Exact date to wait for stock 6.5 'sprint'..

I would really appreciate it somebody could please inform me of an exact date, that I could buy the Sprint TP2 'out of box with 6.5'

I have been putting it off because I don't know jack about phones and i'd love to buy my TP2 with a stock 6.5 OS because I have never owned anything besides a cheap nextel phone. I am upgrading to a smartphone! 'TP2" and if I were to get it with 6.1, I would not know at ALL how to install / upgrade the device to the newer 6.5 OS.

so could somebody please let me know exact date or the closest estimate you can figure, on where I can pick up or order, the Sprint TP2 rohdium with pre-loaded 6.5

+1 to all serious reply's, THANKs for reading the post.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:30 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

zachavm is just getting started
Re: Exact date to wait for stock 6.5 'sprint'..

Sorry dude, but I don't think you'll ever get that until someone finds theirs with it. Other phones didn't get out of the box upgrades till long after it had been released. We don't even know when it will be released as an upgrade.

to calm your fears though. Upgrading through official roms is pretty simple now and not much more complicated than installing a program on your pc. you just connect your phone, make sure it has a good battery charge, and start the executable (the file you download from the website). Click through and it will do it all for you. Don't worry about having to mess with hacks. I'm betting everyone will get it before the end of november.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

not going to happen anytime soon, just buy it and enjoy it now. When HSPL is here load 6.5, as it will be much better than any stock 6.5 from Sprint.

Old 10-09-2009, 01:55 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sin- View Post
I would really appreciate it somebody could please inform me of an exact date, that I could buy the Sprint TP2 'out of box with 6.5'

I have been putting it off because I don't know jack about phones and i'd love to buy my TP2 with a stock 6.5 OS because I have never owned anything besides a cheap nextel phone. I am upgrading to a smartphone! 'TP2" and if I were to get it with 6.1, I would not know at ALL how to install / upgrade the device to the newer 6.5 OS.

so could somebody please let me know exact date or the closest estimate you can figure, on where I can pick up or order, the Sprint TP2 rohdium with pre-loaded 6.5

+1 to all serious reply's, THANKs for reading the post.

When you find out let us know as we are all waiting as well!

Used to be so good.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachavm View Post
Sorry dude, but I don't think you'll ever get that until someone finds theirs with it. Other phones didn't get out of the box upgrades till long after it had been released. We don't even know when it will be released as an upgrade.

to calm your fears though. Upgrading through official roms is pretty simple now and not much more complicated than installing a program on your pc. you just connect your phone, make sure it has a good battery charge, and start the executable (the file you download from the website). Click through and it will do it all for you. Don't worry about having to mess with hacks. I'm betting everyone will get it before the end of november.
i agree, get it now and enjoy it. get to know 6.1 and then spend some time reading on this forum. before you know you'll wanna go custom with all the knowledge you've gained, plus there are plenty of people who are willing to help. and even if you really don't wanna go custom, then the stock 6.5 should hopefully (fingers crossed) be out in a couple months.

their have been mixed responses to the progress of the stock 6.5 update. some have been told by htc that they are starting to work on it, while verizon says they have know idea whats goin on. it will happen though.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

17 days 9 hours 26 minutes 12.63891 seconds and counting
Old 10-09-2009, 02:29 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx View Post
17 days 9 hours 26 minutes 12.63891 seconds and counting
either someone is making up numbers, or coincidentally counting down to forza 3...i know i am
Old 10-09-2009, 02:31 AM
Mobileunderground.info

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGoodCat View Post
either someone is making up numbers, or coincidentally counting down to forza 3...i know i am
hahah just making up numbers, must have been a coincidence!
Old 10-09-2009, 02:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Katana
Threadstarter

-Sin- is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to -Sin-

thanks to all for responding respectfully, +1 to each post above ^^^^^^^^^^
Old 10-09-2009, 06:28 AM
Mobileunderground.info

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sin- View Post
thanks to all for responding respectfully, +1 to each post above ^^^^^^^^^^
I would guess before the end of november, i wouldnt expect anything soon. We will hopefully have the hardspl before then.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2