PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2009, 11:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Snap Case for Sprint TP2 Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
Do not buy Sprint labeled cases from Nakedcellphone. The holes are on the right side and need to be on the left for the proximity sensor to be functional. I e-mailed NCF about this and they told me there is no such thing on the Sprint version and the screen "does not turn off during calls like the iphone." Needless to say I am in the middle of trying to get a refund. They will be getting appropriate feedback once I get my money back. With that being said, the Verizon version should work and be fully functional on the Sprint TP2.
That is completely correct I tested it today, proximity sensor is the same part as the small LED light so its on the left on sprint models.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA
Carrier: Sprint

joyshirlinli is a n00b
Smile Re: Snap Case for Sprint TP2 Question

Hi! Thanks for threading on this topic. I have been looking high and low for a good case for my HTC TP2 CDMA phone. I wish I could find one of those cool silicon numbers like they have for iPhones, but so far the search has only turned up those inadequate and inconvenient default pseudo leather velcro closure crap. I don't understand why there is no market for making better cases for this ridiculously expensive phone.

So, to get to the point, did this Verizon TP2 case fit the Sprint version adequately? It's probably the best case I've seen so far, so I will order one if you like yours

Thanks again for the tip!
Old 10-09-2009, 01:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2 Customized
Carrier: SPRINT

dallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good workdallastx is keeping up the good work

Also ordering this case, is it fitting in yalls leather cases? Or are you just dropping it into your pocket? Oh and what the guy above said "does Verizon TP2 case fit the Sprint version adequately"
Old 10-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Gill is just getting started

Will jump on this when they release a black version. *crosses fingers*
Old 10-09-2009, 09:05 AM
VIP Member

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyshirlinli View Post
Hi! Thanks for threading on this topic. I have been looking high and low for a good case for my HTC TP2 CDMA phone. I wish I could find one of those cool silicon numbers like they have for iPhones, but so far the search has only turned up those inadequate and inconvenient default pseudo leather velcro closure crap. I don't understand why there is no market for making better cases for this ridiculously expensive phone.

So, to get to the point, did this Verizon TP2 case fit the Sprint version adequately? It's probably the best case I've seen so far, so I will order one if you like yours

Thanks again for the tip!
I dont believe so, verizon and telus tp2's are the same size etc, sprint tp2 is more rounded and curved, and I also believe the proximity sensor(the thing that shut's your screen off when your on the phone) is in a different place on the sprint model then the verizon and telus. I gave up last night and bought an invisible shield from Zagg because I dont want to beat up my phone and body glove hasn't released their CDMA case yet.
Old 10-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA

joyshirlinli is a n00b
Question Re: Snap Case for Sprint TP2 Question

Oh. I guess I'm confused since bmrisko earlier in the thread stated "With that being said, the Verizon version should work and be fully functional on the Sprint TP2." So, to clarify, the nakedcell case does not work with Sprint TP2 because it covers the light censor?

Oh, and Dallastx...I'm a chick, just for the record
Old 10-09-2009, 11:16 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyshirlinli View Post
Oh. I guess I'm confused since bmrisko earlier in the thread stated "With that being said, the Verizon version should work and be fully functional on the Sprint TP2." So, to clarify, the nakedcell case does not work with Sprint TP2 because it covers the light censor?

Oh, and Dallastx...I'm a chick, just for the record
Lmao, the shirli in your username kinda gave it away, anyways, from what I have seen and I have been told the verizon case will not fit the sprint model, I can be mistaken, but when I was looking as covers in the nakedcell phone auctions it specifically states it will not fit the sprint models.
Old 10-09-2009, 01:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

bmrisko is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
Lmao, the shirli in your username kinda gave it away, anyways, from what I have seen and I have been told the verizon case will not fit the sprint model, I can be mistaken, but when I was looking as covers in the nakedcell phone auctions it specifically states it will not fit the sprint models.
I thought I read that Verizon would fit the Sprint case, but I haven't verified for myself. I do know for a fact that the Sprint case that NCF is selling (or any case w/ a hole not on the left side) will work on a Sprint phone, BUT the proximity sensor will be disabled.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

bostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbostonshaker is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Okay, I just got mine from Naked today and it is for the Sprint version (which I have). It fits great and for the money is a very good cover and looks great as well. I have only had it for about 15 minutes, but it seem great.

Used to be so good.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:38 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmrisko View Post
I thought I read that Verizon would fit the Sprint case, but I haven't verified for myself. I do know for a fact that the Sprint case that NCF is selling (or any case w/ a hole not on the left side) will work on a Sprint phone, BUT the proximity sensor will be disabled.
and that would be very inconvenient for us who have the sprint model lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2