PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2009, 12:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Connecting two routers

I want to use my TP2 as my home internet connection. I have been using HTC Network and connecting my laptop, but then I cannot navigate my home network. I am using a WRT54G and have updated it to DDWRT. I want to turn it into a client bridge so that I can just connect to one signal and have everything connected. Any help would be appreciated. If I have to buy WMWifiRouter to make this happen that is fine. I have the free version, but it hijacks my phones internet connection after using it.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Re: Connecting two routers

No one?
Old 10-04-2009, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Connect your phone to a windows computer through USB. Connect that computer's ethernet to the wan port of your router. On that computer in network settings you need to bridge that USB connection to the enternet.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II / HTC T7380, HTC EVO

gator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuffgator2k83 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to gator2k83 Send a message via MSN to gator2k83 Send a message via Yahoo to gator2k83

if you have dd-wrt on your router its easier then that.... use the htc wifi sharing app that you have been...

go in to the wireless status page of your router (i.e.http://192.168.1.1/Status_Wireless.asp)

now click on site survey on the bottom middle left button .... click the wifi thats your phones name. it will say sucessfully joined ... click ok then apply.

GO to the wireless security part and chnage the security to wep and put in your own pw...... hit save and wala now u can connect whatever you want to the 4 ports of the switch and it will use the phones internet....

Feel Free to use the WIFI sharing while u are charging the phone as i have yet to have my TP2 overheat bc of the wireless and chargin @ the same time.
Old 10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post
if you have dd-wrt on your router its easier then that.... use the htc wifi sharing app that you have been...

go in to the wireless status page of your router (i.e.http://192.168.1.1/Status_Wireless.asp)

now click on site survey on the bottom middle left button .... click the wifi thats your phones name. it will say sucessfully joined ... click ok then apply.

GO to the wireless security part and chnage the security to wep and put in your own pw...... hit save and wala now u can connect whatever you want to the 4 ports of the switch and it will use the phones internet....

Feel Free to use the WIFI sharing while u are charging the phone as i have yet to have my TP2 overheat bc of the wireless and chargin @ the same time.
dd-wrt rocks. I don't like most Linksys routers but the dd-wrt FW is the only reason I have my WRT310N. Bump up the transmit power, multiple SSID's, and all kinds of other goodies that come in handy in my line of work. (especially for customers who don't want to spend a bunch a dough)

Nate
Old 10-05-2009, 03:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Ya you can wireless bridge but I like to charge my phone while I share its connection.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator2k83 View Post

Have you tested this? i couldn't get it working a couple nights ago. Any special steps?
Old 10-05-2009, 09:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

superx10 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to superx10

What HTC wifi sharing app?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: VZW

djsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuffdjsiva knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to djsiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by superx10 View Post
What HTC wifi sharing app?

This HTC wifi sharing app.... Why pay for wmwifirouter when this one is lightweight and free?
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

superx10 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to superx10

Has anyone on sprint tried it? I couldn't get it to work.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2