PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 09:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Cleanup

+1 for FB contacts not updating after hardreset + cleanup cab for Sprint 6.5
Old 03-23-2010, 10:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel/Verizon

Vlip3 is just getting started

I just upgraded from a TP running wm6.1 to a TP2 running wm6.5. On my TP, I had a TF3D programs tab that gave me what I now get when I hit Start on my TP2. I am still running the stock ROM but was wondering how I can get the default wm6.5 Start menu. I understand that with this menu, I can organize things into folders. I would still however like to retain access to the programs screen. I have advance config 3.3 tool so I would like to map one of the soft keys to this but don't know what to assign. Can anyone help me?
Thanks very much in advance.
Vlip3
Old 03-23-2010, 12:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

hayes_guziejka is a n00b

If you removed "MUSIC" how do you play songs that where downloaded? I usually play it from the main screen.

Used Clean up for 6.5

Last edited by hayes_guziejka; 03-23-2010 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Q9c

b0hr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradtsg View Post
No I meant I applied the tweaks right after a hard reset. I did install other cabs but nothing to do with ICS. I did another hard reset and just applied the tweaks only cab and I haven't seen the problem yet so I'm not sure what caused it. I didn't mean to place the blame on you I just was looking for a fix from anyone. Thanks for all your work on the Tweaks cabs. Keep up the good work.
I am having the same issue. My Tp2 no longer charges and is not always recognized by activesync
Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post

As said by Spock... I'm sorry, but you're wrong. It is NOT the driver. no2chem has indicated that in the upper 15% the results are often sporadic, but beyond that it is simply not possible to be causing a drain. You can compare results using the Power & Battery control panel applet (although be aware there IS a bug where it will freeze the phone after you click OK to be done with it... sorry, not my fault on that one). The discharge being high can be caused by any number of factors, but mine in a good signal area is 150mAh. That's a pretty good number and very much consistent with my daily usage. That's down from 210mAh with WM6.1.

That said, I'm not going to argue about it. I am not removing the battery driver. It has worked great for over 2 years now (TP1 and TP2) so either you like it that way, or you don't use it. Not trying to be a jerk, but I'm not going to stand by and let inaccurate information be distributed.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=115
GT2L... let me first say, I totally appreciate what you do here. Everyone I know with a TP2 I have sent to this site, specifically for your tweak/cleanup tabs. I won't run mine without them. Just makes life easier and less time consuming for me.

That being said, we can agree to disagree. I have always ran your cleanup tweak. But when my battery wouldn't hold a charge, I read about the 1% could be an issue... so I was able to disable it and my battery was back to normal. Now I flashed to 6.5... all was running fine. I installed the cleanup file and my battery isn't lasting at all. An example. Making no calls, no internet, and 1 email account checking 1/hour, received 1 text message and my battery went down 7% in 3 minutes! What could be causing the drain? I have no idea. Like I said, we can agree to disagree and you are the expert. But I'm watching my phone's activities and I've seen it before. I would never suggest you remove a driver... it seems it's not affecting anyone else. But it is affecting me. Is there any chance you can tell me how to manually remove it, throught a reg edit possibly? Hey... make me believe I'm wrong... I don't mind it. But I would like to remove it, just to keep my sanity.

I really appreciate the help and effort you put into these. I just can't remember how I removed it last time. Is there any chance you can tell me how to manually remove it, throught a reg edit possibly?

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0hr View Post
I am having the same issue. My Tp2 no longer charges and is not always recognized by activesync
Sometimes it won't recognize it, depending on your security measures on your pc. Check your firewall. I have to turn mine off, in order for AS to recognize it.
Old 03-23-2010, 04:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro2 6.5stock rom
Carrier: sprint

cooljoe613 is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

the time always go back to mountian time after the cleanup cab installed any fixes please
Old 03-23-2010, 04:40 PM
RSD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

RSD is just getting started

With the Verizon Tweaks installed last night, I took the phone of the charger last night after it was fully charged at 11:26pm. Now (1:39pm on Tuesday) it is at 32% after 1 hour 32 minutes of talk time and no syncing! I used to be left with at least 60% by end of day after couple of hours of talking time and about 3-4 hours of device usage time.

Yes, something is running the battery down!

..Ramesh
i-nigma reader,facebook,spriteback,PHM regedit,
Total Commander,Trapster,Advanced config,Ferrari GT Evolution, etc.,
Old 03-23-2010, 06:18 PM
RSD
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

RSD is just getting started

I would like to remove the nuebattery and try without it.
How do I remove it?

..Ramesh
Old 03-23-2010, 06:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

migz1134 is keeping up the good workmigz1134 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to migz1134

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSD View Post
With the Verizon Tweaks installed last night, I took the phone of the charger last night after it was fully charged at 11:26pm. Now (1:39pm on Tuesday) it is at 32% after 1 hour 32 minutes of talk time and no syncing! I used to be left with at least 60% by end of day after couple of hours of talking time and about 3-4 hours of device usage time.

Yes, something is running the battery down!

..Ramesh
have you check you data connection? if you leave your data connection on at all times the battery will drain quicker...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2