PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC T7380
Carrier: Sprint

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32
Anyone else having this issue? (pic)

The little metal "foot" on the back of the screen designed to keep the keyboard from getting mashed is chipping the paint away from where the plastic seam is. the clear protector is also visibly worn the entire path the foot travels and is starting to get damaged as well. This is after only a few weeks' use.

My theory is that there is enough play in the phone's hinge, especially at this end of the phone to allow that little metal foot to basically work its way into the seam. This isn't good.

Should I ask Sprint about it? At the rate this is happening, the corner won't have any paint on it or may even chip off in a few months. Crap
Old 10-02-2009, 03:51 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Anyone else having this issue? (pic)

those strips are meant to come off, and your right, there is a little metal thing that hangs down on both sides scratching it as you slide it back n forth.........the side that holds the hing and screen together..
Old 10-02-2009, 03:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2

two-rocks is just getting started

mine is starting to do that....
Old 10-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Mutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuffMutiny32 knows their stuff
Send a message via ICQ to Mutiny32 Send a message via AIM to Mutiny32 Send a message via MSN to Mutiny32 Send a message via Skype™ to Mutiny32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
those strips are meant to come off, and your right, there is a little metal thing that hangs down on both sides scratching it as you slide it back n forth.........the side that holds the hing and screen together..
I'm not so sure they're meant to come off. The seem to be protecting the keyboard shroud. Does the instructions say to take them off?
Old 10-02-2009, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

bstan is becoming a great contributor

Add some lube, maybe that would help.

Other than that, I honestly wouldn't sweat something like this. The device is going to go through wear and tear. Once you knick it up a bit more things l ike this aren't really going to matter.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:59 PM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

The plastic is just for shipping, just like what was on the screen when you received it. I have the nick on my corner like that ... seems to be normal wear. Once it is at a certain point I doubt it will get worse or have the corner fall off. Normal wear.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

Old 10-02-2009, 04:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatgel View Post
The plastic is just for shipping, just like what was on the screen when you received it. I have the nick on my corner like that ... seems to be normal wear. Once it is at a certain point I doubt it will get worse or have the corner fall off. Normal wear.
That plastic seems to be secured by adhesive and is of the screen-protector type. I don't buy that it's supposed to come off. It appears to be scratch protection from those metal feet.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

The plastic is most certainly meant to come off. It cracks me up every time I hear someone say otherwise. Now if you WISH to keep them on for protection, that's perfectly fine and may well work but it wasnt the intention.

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com
Old 10-02-2009, 04:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny32 View Post
That plastic seems to be secured by adhesive and is of the screen-protector type. I don't buy that it's supposed to come off. It appears to be scratch protection from those metal feet.
Why on earth would a manufacturer design a product that scratches itself without a delicate, removable piece of packing plastic to stop it? That's just silly, seriously. If it was there for that purpose they would tell you and give you extras or perhaps... just perhaps, come up with a better design.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstan View Post
Add some lube, maybe that would help.

Other than that, I honestly wouldn't sweat something like this. The device is going to go through wear and tear. Once you knick it up a bit more things l ike this aren't really going to matter.
I'd normally agree with you, but that is actually a paint chip that happened within a week of me having the phone and it has only gotten worse. I could see it as a catalyst for the entire corner to lose its paint.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2