PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
Re: Morphgear 2.4.0.9 and Smartgear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young_breedent View Post
Yes it fills up the whole screen you just have to adjust it in settings. I use my keyboard and you are able to map all of them. Haven't tired the front buttons but im sure it works. I will check and get back to you
Ever thought about getting a Bluetooth controller? lol
Old 10-04-2009, 12:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

oppamen is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Is Morphgear free or are there free emulators out there? I tried reading through all the forums and its so complicating what Im suppose to install. Can someone please tell me step by step what Im suppose to download to where. Please
Old 10-04-2009, 12:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Incredible!
Carrier: VZW

MrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuffMrGoodCat knows their stuff

hmmm...bluetooth....wii motion, hah. thanks Young_breedent, i am gonna give this a try, been cravin some super mario 3 ever since my last encounter with buddies wii.

freeza, is that really possible? (maybe not a wii controller). aren't ps3 bluetooth as well. you think smartgear could map that? that would be sick, got the phone tilted sittin on the desk usin a ps3 controller to play some super mario or battletoads, take that iphrown
Old 10-04-2009, 02:06 AM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I cant figure that smart gear for the life of me....... O well maybe another time .
Old 10-04-2009, 03:18 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah, I'm with you Dragon2. For me, the on-screen button thing is not working. The only button that seems to function is the center pause.

Anyone have any advice for configuring the controls?

~My Ultimate WVGA Wallpapers Collection~
Donations accepted not expected!

Old 10-04-2009, 08:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by santod View Post
Yeah, I'm with you Dragon2. For me, the on-screen button thing is not working. The only button that seems to function is the center pause.

Anyone have any advice for configuring the controls?
Sorry folks. I should have mentioned that the touchscreen portion of Smartgear doesn't work. You have to use the arrow keys and 1-4 are A B pause start. Zeemote is a bluetooth controller, with winmo beta support. $25 on ebay. I linked to the drivers in another thread.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bitbank is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to bitbank

Specifically how does the touchscreen part of SmartGear not work? Please describe the problem in detail and if there's something broken, I'll fix it.

P.S. Feel free to suggest improvements.

Larry B.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:15 AM
"MODS"
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

santod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation levelsantod can't get a higher reputation level

No touches seem to register, except for pause. Same effect, no matter which configuration I choose. If this can be fixed, that would be great! Thanks. I appreciate the response.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

mountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good workmountainwampus is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitbank View Post
Specifically how does the touchscreen part of SmartGear not work? Please describe the problem in detail and if there's something broken, I'll fix it.

P.S. Feel free to suggest improvements.

Larry B.
Good news. I just tested out the touchscreen directional mode and it works perfectly!? I have to do some more tests to see why this didn't work before, starting with TF3D. But it looks like Smartgear is working properly. Thanks to Larry for building such an awesome app. The only feature I would really love is a functional SNES.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I've been testing out the touchscreen and it works in directional mode, though I've noticed a few things.
1. If you pause and hit the on screen keyboard icon, you need to restart smartgear or the keyboard will keep popping up.
2. The touchscreen settings need to be set for each system and sometimes the mode doesn't stick at first.
3. Pressing the bottom center will sometimes register as diagonal down-right. Pressing slightly left of center, registers as down.
4. Fire button mode doesn't seem to work. It functions exactly like the default pause mode.

I will do more tests and provide more feedback.
If anyone is having problems, reinstall Smartgear Pocket PC cab.
Don't change any default settings other than "video size". Fit2Win or Fit2Win* are the best. If the screen isn't properly rotated, simply slide the keyboard in, out until it fixes. Set Options>Touchscreen to "Directionals (white = pause)" if you want, but I find that the default keyboard control is best for most games.

Last edited by mountainwampus; 10-05-2009 at 11:06 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2