PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

kendal0 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Hardware buttons and Keyboard don't work after turning screen on, sometimes...

I've looked through the threads and didn't see anybody else with this issue so I thought I'd ask the group. I have a Verizon TP2 and it seems to have a problem with the hardware buttons working, on occasion. Every now and then, when I push the top button to turn on the screen the 4 bottom row buttons don't work. The end call button will turn on the button lights while the other 3 do nothing at all. If I push the top button and turn the screen off then back on, they work just fine. I hard reset last night and loaded a minimal load today. I've already had this happen like 6 times already today. I've tried removing software that might mess with these buttons, but no dice. Is the hardware bad do you think?

Also, a couple times I've received a phone call that causes the phone to vibrate without end and requires a soft reset to stop. I haven't heard that talked about either.

Thank you. Kendal

It just happened again and the keyboard is also inoperable when the 4 hardware keys are dead. It's like they are locked out by the system or something. Screen off/screen on and they work just fine.

Last edited by kendal0; 09-29-2009 at 05:35 PM. Reason: More info:
Old 09-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Brentis007 is a n00b
Re: Hardware buttons and Keyboard don't work after turning screen on, sometimes...

I used to have this problem all of the time with my mogul. I would soft reset and that would fix the problem for awhile but it kept happening. I ended up making Sprint replace the phone. If the problem keeps up I would take it in and have them replace it. Especially if you have insurance or are within 30 days.
Old 09-30-2009, 07:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
Re: Hardware buttons and Keyboard don't work after turning screen on, sometimes...

I had the same problem with my TP2 and determined that the new Slide2Unlock program (also called S2U2) was causing this. I gave it to a friend for his TP2 and he started having the same issue. We both uninstalled it and haven't had the problem since!

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
Old 09-30-2009, 10:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

chetqwerty is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaMan View Post
I had the same problem with my TP2 and determined that the new Slide2Unlock program (also called S2U2) was causing this. I gave it to a friend for his TP2 and he started having the same issue. We both uninstalled it and haven't had the problem since!

Yup, just started happening to me also. Im running GoodThings tweaks, MS3, ATI driver tweak, (which makes divx videos in TCPMP Phenom for Omnia look incredible), Touchpal 4 keyboard. If anything looks familiar to anyone experiencing issues let us know.

Thanks
Old 10-01-2009, 12:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

ive been usung s2us every since i got this phone (verizon) and havent had this problem out of it...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2